It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Clap is back; James Clapper to head independent NSA REVIEW Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Following has been released by the White House, Office of the press secretary:

August 12, 2013MEMORANDUMFOR THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCESUBJECT: Reviewing Our Global Signals Intelligence Collection and Communications Technologies

The Review Group will assess whether, in light of advancements in communications technologies, the United States employs its technical collection capabilities in a manner that optimally protects our national security and advances our foreign policy while appropriately accounting for other policy considerations,such as the risk of unauthorized disclosure and our need to maintain the public trust. Within 60 days of its establishment,the Review Group will brief their interim findings to me through the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), and the Review Group will provide a final report and recommendations to me through the DNI no later than December 15, 2013. You are hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the
Federal Register
.BARACK OBAMA

SOURCE

James Clapper, the current direct of the Department of National Intelligence, has been tasked with heading the review panel of the recent NSA revelations on behalf of the people of the United States of America.

In case you have forgotten,

Mr. Clapper has previously stated :

The Director of National Intelligence James Clapper may have lied to Congress when he told the Senate Intelligence Committee on March 12 that the National Security Agency does not collect data on millions of Americans.
On Thursday, Breitbart News broke the story about Clapper's previous testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee by unearthing video of his exchange with Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR). Wyden asked Clapper if the NSA collects "any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?" Clapper responded, "No, sir."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is now going to be the head of the panel representing the concerns of the citizenry..... are they serious? A person who could have been convicted of perjury, now realized to be absolutely the case, is about to head this panel in ensuring the integrity of the US domestic and foreign surveillance activities.

Have I gone to LaLa land where everything is a bad joke? How can the current administration justify Clappers appointment....

Glenn Greenwald, the journalist that broke the Snowdon story, sums it up nicely:

Only in DC: James Clapper, instead of being prosecuted or fired for lying to Congress,will now lead the review of the programs he lied about

I would count myself among the many that would raise their hand to question the integrity of this person and the commission he will lead.

ETA:

I would like to expand further, as it appears another similar thread may have been created. Instead of limiting this to the mere fact that Clapper's appointment has been endorsed by the current administration I would like to speculate on to the reasons why as well:

1. I think the most obvious reason is the man has no scruples about lying to congress.
2. Lessen the impact of the facts pertaining to the surveillance programs.
3. Seems like a person who could be blinded by a perceived service or duty to his country.

Again, this is speculation, but reading into his history, more then a few eyebrows are raised.

Thoughts?
edit on 13-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
America has the Clap?

It seems you're right. It's spreading too.... Multiple threads appearing. Infection moving to new places. Run!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And Domestic spying is like Herpes, once you get it you can never get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
America has the Clap?

It seems you're right. It's spreading too.... Multiple threads appearing. Infection moving to new places. Run!

Hah! Quite true, apparently this is contagious.

I think this appointment is a public slap in the face to congress and the American people. However, it may be similar to our somewhat crude analogy; people are going to deny that anything is wrong, try to pretend nothing is wrong and finally quietly hope is goes away...

MODS, please feel to lock thread.

top topics

join