It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US NSI Director Clapper is now in charge of reviewing the NSA programs that he lied about to Congres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this getting to be too much? After initially lying to Congress about NSA spying and later issuing a formal apology, not only did US Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper not face any charges or legal action -- he's now being placed in charge of an "independent review board" to investigate NSA spying. What???

A memo issued Monday by the White House said James Clapper, the United States director of national intelligence, will lead a newly formed review group tasked to determine if the US “employs its technical collection capabilities in a manner that optimally protects our national security and advances our foreign policy while appropriately accounting for other policy considerations, such as the risk of unauthorized disclosure and our need to maintain the public trust.”

Source

When I read the news these days, I feel like I've stepped through the looking glass.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So this is the review Obama said was in the works since before Snowden leaked the information. What a crock. How much you want to bet he finds nothing wrong?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think this story has two faces to it.....

There is the kind, caring fox we see and are told actually loves the Chickens...while surely being the most experienced to lead the investigation anyway. Right?

This fellow....

and then there is 'Behind the Scenes' and the way Obama was probably told this was going to happen and he could just take another vacation and stay away awhile if he didn't like it.

This side of the fox....

Personally? I vote we just stop telling foxes to guard hen houses. We sure have no reason to wonder later why it never works and things only get worse. It's hardly as if this is the first time, after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"Independent review board"..

Excuse me for a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There..

I'm sure it will help very much with the trust between the administration and the people..
Sure this is not a story from The Onion?!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry to say that it's a real story from RT News, and the actual White House memo, issued Aug 12 is included in the linked source. I agree -- it's that ridiculous. Don't you ever feel like the current administration is pushing the limits just to see how far they can go with a dumbed-down American public?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, I agree, as I do with most all of your posts. I stopped buying the "fox actually loves the chickens" act a while ago. Yeah, he loves them with a little gravy on the side!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
So this is the review Obama said was in the works since before Snowden leaked the information. What a crock. How much you want to bet he finds nothing wrong?

He either finds nothing wrong, or he finds "something" that's really nothing to deliberately distract us from the real issues.

It's hard to be transparent when you're full of crap.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyfon

VERY GOOD POINT - I wonder if the WH Public Relations Staff has heard that one yet!
I'm guessing there'll be another appearance on Leno or Letterman to re-spin this one!

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Of-course he is, why wouldnt he be? Its business as usual, take your pick. No conflict of interest here.

My only issue with the graphs below is that they highlight the Obama administration. The same would be true of most, if not all, other administrations.

edit on 13-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

when there is a fox in the hen house send an other fox in after it. This makes just about as much sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Good Lord... If that doesn't show a Corptocracy out of control, what does?! There ought to be new laws regarding what those who serve in public office or to those who do can do for xx number of years afterward. ESPECIALLY the ones pulling pension on our tax dollars while using the experience they gained to get that, to screw us in new ways.

The lines hardly even exist anymore.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What? I joked about this days ago. I said joked... This can't be true... No... It has to be a joke. For real...

This is a joke, right?

edit on 13-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
People... Where is the outrage? Come on, I seriously thought this was a practical joke because this was so outrageous.. This is very real!

Maybe this is this just so shocking that you can't even pry your nose into this thread for a second without getting palpitations?

In all honesty, this was the biggest shock to my system in all my reporting on Obama scandals here at ATS. This in itself is a scandal of its own.

What the freak is Obama doing? Is he throwing it our faces that he is prime dictator with Clapper as his gestapo, and we can do nothing about it?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
People... Where is the outrage? Come on, I seriously thought this was a practical joke because this was so outrageous.. This is very real!

What the freak is Obama doing? Is he throwing it our faces that he is prime dictator with Clapper as his gestapo, and we can do nothing about it?

Elouina, I feel exactly the same way about it! I almost never author political threads, although I often read them. But, this issue just felt like a slap in the face from our Imperial Overlord and I had to say something.

I guess the Obama administration is hoping that Brazil will see Clapper's appointment and the formation of the oversight committee as a positive step toward reform and still buy all those fighter jets from the US. It will be interesting to see how Kerry's visit to South America this week plays out.

Meanwhile, I checked the major MSM outlets, and there isn't a peep about this story today. What's the deal?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What's the deal? You know the answer to this, just as I do. The Obama admin has taken over our news. I don't care what people have to say about Aljazeera America. They are my last hope of getting the real news out. If it doesn't happen, then we are all lost. Aug 20th is d-day, and I will be watching closely.

Here is the Aljazeera America Beta if you want to peek.

Aljazeera America Beta

JP Morgan Chase employees could be charged in alleged $6 billion cover-up
edit on 13-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A while back, I did a thread of how congress is open for business everyday, like an auction block the whores in congress parade themselves for the pimps in the corporate world to bid and buy at will.

America doesn't have any longer a functioning body of government representing the people and for the people, they are officially a body that is bought and pay for by corporate interest.

Were the common tax payer and voter has not access or access is denied.

edit on 13-8-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well you have an American citizen in Russia, scared after he revealed the totality of domestic spying. Heads should have rolled and they haven't. What kind of government do you have when a citizen has to flee when whistle blowing.. bah screw it. Obama leaks stuff too. This really raises my ire.

Just like Bush and company. I wonder how long it can held together.

new topics

top topics

join