It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-death experiences exposed ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Does anyone else have a super fear of death and have mini panic attacks when they think about it? This has really bothered me. Reading this article gave me a panic attack. I really don't ever want the thought in my head of "I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want this all to go away. I don't want to die" for it to all go black on me.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Third eye/pineal gland...the seat of the soul.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Typical archaic scientific thinking. The consciousness is in the brain. I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Doesnt really prove anything. They need to study it further with humans, if i remember
they were using "rats". They're just stating that theres activity in the brain, of course
there is activity in the brain, cause its shutting down. That doesnt mean anything,
people want to use that excuse to discredit, atheists for example, im
not religious so.

Why did we evolve to a state where we need "nde" ? thats just a little to silly
for me to think. Its like dreaming, why did we evolve have the ability to dream.
Easy to lose that ability to dream, and yet it doesnt harm you.
Something doesnt add up. I've had plenty of lucid dreams, not sure
how the heck this kind of scenario can happen, its soooo SUREAL,
basically like life but realer. If you ever lucid dream, you know what i
mean than.
If you ask me our bodies seem a little too perfect, we are able
to accomplish anything, and think of anything.

They need to study further is dreams and NDE with actual humans. Theres
really not that much research done on it either, just people claiming
experiences.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My thoughts on this:

Correlation is not causation.

Not to say that NDE's are not in the mind....but this experiment only proves that rats seem to experience something similar to what humans do upon death. I would speculate that all animals go through something similar.

The major flaw in the logic of the OP article: that rats are incapable of a spiritual experience. Why on Earth would that be presumed to begin with?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting website ... people write in their near death experiences
I find NDE's to be very interesting. Ya'll might find these interesting as well ....

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Rats Vs. Humans.... Even animals and rodents share the concious field we all reside, even dogs go to heaven

Science is always trying to use logic in a illogical world, at best you get these results of using rats to simulate what happens to humans. Though they do function on the same parameters the only part that could logically be taken is that there is more electrical frequencies than once postulated when a brain dies.

To me, this is the "slide" or "jump", like kick starting the severed connection between here and there.

I'm sure people will want to debate this, and sadly I'm just here to toss "this" card on the table. Do with it what you will.

Best regards,

sulaw

p.s~ Waaaaasup! CODY!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cody599

My thoughts on this:

Correlation is not causation.

Not to say that NDE's are not in the mind....but this experiment only proves that rats seem to experience something similar to what humans do upon death. I would speculate that all animals go through something similar.

The major flaw in the logic of the OP article: that rats are incapable of a spiritual experience. Why on Earth would that be presumed to begin with?

That's a fair comment big fella

I love to read your replies, always well thought out and thought provoking,
Thanks again for the banner by the way

So I suppose the logical reply would be, do we need to have a 'higher intelligence' if you'll pardon my use of that phrase in order to understand spiritual experience ?

Or is it just a similarity in brain function that we can see as NDE?

Cody

edit on 5/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

High Flyers long time no see

I'll check out the website later, thanks for the link

Cody

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Rats Vs. Humans.... Even animals and rodents share the concious field we all reside, even dogs go to heaven

Science is always trying to use logic in a illogical world, at best you get these results of using rats to simulate what happens to humans. Though they do function on the same parameters the only part that could logically be taken is that there is more electrical frequencies than once postulated when a brain dies.

To me, this is the "slide" or "jump", like kick starting the severed connection between here and there.

I'm sure people will want to debate this, and sadly I'm just here to toss "this" card on the table. Do with it what you will.

Best regards,

sulaw

p.s~ Waaaaasup! CODY!

Sulaw

I'd refer you to my answer to His hairy holiness

Great to see you again my friend

Cody

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I agree, as I'm inclined to believe that the 'science' behind this study was overlooking or dismissing some of the results. [false - positives, placebo effect somehow?] There are a great many unknowns within our World, & an unknown number of 'unknown's' out there. New species & new forms of life found in places once thought uninhabitable & existing in ways that were not previously conceived. Nature is governed by law's indeed but 'Science' should realize that the there is much yet to be learned. Anybody else remember a weird little thing called 'Gravity'?

What about other accepted [at the least] Theory's & 'Facts'? There is an 'Expert' in every field & an 'Expert Skeptic' right behind them. 'Perspective' is not universal. As 'Belief' can be influenced. The rules change, be it from a new element, form of life, symbiosis, regenerative properties of a particular life form [be it 'new' or a known species.] there are an unknown number of possibility's because of the laws that govern nature & the universe,as there are unforeseen & unknown possibility's that are created by the forces themselves. [elements, magnetics, gases, various radiation types...]

An 'NDE' is something outside of logic, & until an individual experiences an NDE for themselves it is questionable, & even after an NDE some may forget or convince themselves otherwise.

There is much to see, there is knowledge to be gained, but the final steps to wisdom must be taken with thought of the outcome & effect upon humanity & future generation's from actions intended to be 'good'.
edit on 7-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: oops...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We run into this dilemma in my labs often enough. We have scientists who wish to pursue the full predictive testing set on a conventional explanation until they have exhausted the viable set of constructs which are bound up in that research pathway. They have a pre-formulated doctrine or a desired outcome which they wish to methodically establish as accepted, through a long hierarchical set of predictive tests. Fun for scientists and nice career sustainment, but not fun when YOU are the one spending money on such 'diligence.'

For me as the owner of the business, I do not want my lab expense wasted on testing 40 different predictive/supportive ways of generating acceptance on a conventional explanation, when all that is required is to falsify the conventional pathway set through one single test and move on. Even if that test involves pursuing a pluralistic avenue of research. As an economist I don't care about political correctness or that my science career might be besmirched; as a business owner I do not want to waste 400 basis points of my earnings on predictive testing hierarchies which give us no near term definitive conclusions. I simply refuse that quarterly plan and ask everyone to try again. Call me impatient, but it works.

This is the same case with our collective ignorance over this subject. Chasing brainwave patterns as the sole pathway of research, in some desperate, but never conclusive, method of explanatory avoidance; seeking some corroborative results which mildly support or can be contorted to support a desired outcome or a personal religious doctrine of atheism, is a large waste of our collective money and time. When, indeed one single test - generation of information during an NDE which cannot have been obtained through any other means - (and this can be tested much more economically) will falsify the entire branch of 'conventional brain activity' expense pathway, in much less effort and cost.

Unfortunately, one who tests in this manner, on this subject, will be expunged from serious science. This is unfortunate and is a great example of how we cultivate and sustain institutional ignorance.

It is much more expensive to hide our collective heads in the sand pretending to do official lab coat clad 'research;' wherein we purchase endless sets of predictive reports which make us feel all scientifically comfy and present the façade of diligent success. But it is nonetheless a folderol supporting the authorized religion; getting us nowhere in reality.

Fear costs money. I would rather see the real research.

edit on 7-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join