It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want Out of the Embassy You are Stuck In?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I recently got to thinking about the Assange and Snowden situations and wondered why they haven't been offered ambassadorships by the countries that have offered them asylum. Wouldn't they then have the protection to travel? I realize this is a very short thread but this question has been bugging me since I thought about it. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
I recently got to thinking about the Assange and Snowden situations and wondered why they haven't been offered ambassadorships by the countries that have offered them asylum. Wouldn't they then have the protection to travel? I realize this is a very short thread but this question has been bugging me since I thought about it. Any thoughts?

Short answer :
I don't think it works like that...

Wiki Ambassador

The Free Dictionary : Ambassadorships

hope it helps

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Perhaps I was thinking of the lesser role that would afford diplomatic immunity, someone who is support staff to the ambassador. Maybe I have been watching too much TV.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

That would be cheating. Or being crazy like a fox. At any rate, it isn't allowed.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

You were probaly thinking of that Arjen Rudd guy from Lethal Weapon, you know the South-African diplomat, dude's got immunity.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

It isn't allowed by international law? Then how can diplomatic pouches and staff travel unimpeded under immunity? I am unsure how the international community operates under the recognized immunity.

top topics

join