It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal After-Death Experiences "Explained"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

well you should watch the tibetan book of the dead documentary or read the book
the tibetan monks believe it takes areound 23 days for the soul to leave the body and it has been shown that there is still brain activity

ALso check out '___' the spirit molecule the book and the documentary !

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
I think when you couple the NDE stories with countless Astral Projection stories, there is an enormous amount of evidence pointing to existence outside of our bodies. I never really see these two topics discussed together but I feel they are quite relative to each other.
\

I believe this also, when I get into conversations with people about what they dream about, I get around to saying something along the lines of well you know that is the same place people go when they die for a little while...

They just look at me wierd...

Ever see the movie What Dreams May Come? Its a really cool movie, basically everything i believe in for the most part..

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainprincess64

Another problem? A lot of people literally are "dead" for minutes and yet have these experiences while they are "dead". Think about it......

Or is that while they are dying and reviving?

If someone was literally dead, they are DEAD, they're NOT coming back to tell tales of the afterlife.
If someone came back they were not completely dead, otherwise they would be dead.

'Think about it...... ' Yes, that I have done, dead men tell no tales.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The whole "10% of brain" thing is a total Myth.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

While I'm sure that dying does produce some side effects within our brain that may cause us to see certain things, I doubt it explains everything. Some people die and are brought back to life being able to do something they never were able to do before. Like speak a totally new language.

There are things still out there that science has not yet been able to explain and people use science to grasp at straws to try to logically explain something. However one day that will change, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Not sure if you are one of these people who think 90% of our brain does nothing or whether you realise we use, on average, 10%+- of our brain at any one time. The parts that consitute our brain are all used it's just we can only use 10% of it IN PARALLEL..

I thought these near death brain spikes had already been observed in humans, let alone rats.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainprincess64

Another problem? A lot of people literally are "dead" for minutes and yet have these experiences while they are "dead". Think about it......

The brain lives on for several minutes after death. The classic 'Reanimator' was on the night before last! There are scientists claiming the brain can be preserved whilst dead for up to an hour with (not yet publicly available) drugs and other methods.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

You're confusing gaining A FOREIGN ACCENT with gaining FOREIGN LANGUAGE ABILITIES.. It's amazing what the brain picks up and stores in various brain zones (hearing, speech, vision etc). These cases occurred after STROKES too (although I haven't actually heard of any foreign accents, languages being picked up after an NDE - provide evidence). The brain, whilst healing has obviously plugged into the subconsciously stored accent instead of the (damaged) English accent. I'm always amazed how adaptable a damaged brain is.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cameraobscura

Why should I believe your husband had these visions? It's just an anecdote.... Well I had one too. At the age of 6, during an eye-operation I watched myself being operated on from above. I was even above the low-hanging florescent light bank lighting my body which I could clearly see (whilst having an eye-op)... I saw my father there, dressed in a gown and saw myself clutching my favourite furry animal... My father or the toy were not present. Your husband had probably subconsciously seen the batteries on the wardrobe without realising and HEARD the 911 call / dropped phoe..

Our imagination obviously likes to project from above when mentally anaesthetised and sense-deprived... IMO... I love flying dreams and have had them since a kid.
edit on 15-8-2013 by PrivateSi because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by PrivateSi because: Flying in a Blue Dream...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

"The mind is outside the brain" - well yes, it's PROJECTED outside the brain but this does not mean the mental activity is happening outside the brain... I actually think our HEART projects our PRESENCE more than our brain - which helps explain the felling of being watched, of something there... The same effect has been replicated with EM devices.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by skcussta

all i know is they prooved experiences are possible without brain function

I'm sure you have good evidence if it's "all you know" - well "prooved" with good unquestionable evidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I'm sorry for your loss but D.M.T. and other neurochemicals are released in large quantities during brain death (that actually takes a fair few more minutes after the heart stops)... Even though I'm an atheist I don't see this study as attempting to disprove heaven or anything like that. It just proves rats experience neuro-surges during trauma like humans do. There may be a rat heaven, or heaven may contain rats for all I know.
edit on 15-8-2013 by PrivateSi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrivateSi

The brain lives on for several minutes after death.

The classic 'Reanimator' was on the night before last! There are scientists claiming the brain can be preserved whilst dead for up to an hour with (not yet publicly available) drugs and other methods.

So after that hour is up, the brain is finally dead,... for real,... for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join