It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal After-Death Experiences "Explained"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well according to This article on sky news

A mysterious surge of brain activity observed in dying rats may explain reports of near-death-experiences (NDEs), researchers claim.

Scientists find that brains are pushed into a higher state of arousal at the brink of death - which may trigger strange visions.
...I have no personal experiences whatsoever in paranormal activity, But i don't believe this for a minute. My reason is simple, To many people have reported what has happened to them when they have survived. Plus rats have no account or story to tell!!. And i have big doubt's about a lot of science..So what do you familiar in this field think about this?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So by using more than 10 percent of our brain, we are able to have visions not normally seen from using 10 percent of our brain.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think it is statistically impossible for people to have to same type of reaction while having an NDE...

I do believe they happen because I believe in statistical probabilities...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

It's just another desperate try.. The brain can be aroused as much as it wants. It still can't "see" what the NDE patients are seeing.. (people outside their rooms etc.)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

A mysterious surge of brain activity observed in dying rats may explain reports of near-death-experiences

It may explain near-death-experiences for rats but for Humans ? .... not so sure

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think it's a bunch of hogwash!

People need to read the new book that just came out, The Afterlife of Billy Fingers .
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376400291&sr=1-1&keywords=the+afterlife+of +billy+fingers
You can read a few pages at Amazon.com, and see the chapters listed on the front pages.

It's a story that the sister, Annie Kagan, tells about the messages she received from her brother after he died.
He explains how all the different beliefs come together, and how people experience what they expect to happen at death to make the crossing over easier for them. A lot of great reading, and very informative.

Scientists HAVE to come up with something about the NDEs to try to look smart.

They failed.

edit on 8/13/2013 by sled735 because: correct link

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi Sled. I to say it's hogwash. Science on the whole is hogwash!. How stupid indeed is this research. Rats yes you may invent creams or meds using them, But this is just plain crazy

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Too much anecdotal evidence by people who experienced NDE that proves IMHO that there is something much more significant going on that cannot be put down to simply brain activity. Haven't there been cases of people who have been diagnosed brain dead and then are revived relating stories of meeting dead loved ones--even family members they never even met or knew about?!?! I remember one person's account, which I heard on the radio, who claimed she was in an auto accident and immediately upon impact was thrown out of her body and observed herself being rescued by other motorists and treated by paramedics who took her to hospital where she later woke up recounting her NDE. And I never can forget Howard Storm's NDE on Unsolved Mysteries years ago!
edit on 13-8-2013 by cameraobscura because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Still doesn't explain veridical NDE's.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

it is called D M T...your body release a ton of it upon death,
edit on 13-8-2013 by th3onetruth because: because apparently saying something we all have in our body is shunned upon...joke

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Another problem? A lot of people literally are "dead" for minutes and yet have these experiences while they are "dead". Think about it......

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think that scientists would love more than anything to find a reasonable "one size fits all" explanation as to what really occurs when people have near death experiences and in some cases I think they may be correct on some level- but they are light years away from explaining what is actually happening once the people pass the "flood of chemicals" stage of death.

Three different times within a year and a half my husband died and I revived him with much effort. The first two times he remembered nothing, but the third time was quite different. He claims to have left his body and floated to the ceiling where he observed us. He correctly reported our youngest daughter dropping the phone as she attempted to call 911 because she was crying and shaking so hard, his best friend who was present falling to his knees and moaning and that there was a box of flashlight batteries on top of a really high shelf near the ceiling that I had been looking for a few days before. It gave us something to talk about for weeks after!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
scientist are lames. they need to just open up to all possibilities and get out of their little box. they just want to prove the world wrong and they cant .

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think we need to keep this in perspective.

If this is what happens to mere rats, on their deathbed, then what happens with our brains on ours?

We are not rats, so we can't really prove anything with this study.

Also, if the brain is achieving a higher state of consciousness, who's to say that that isn't the crossing over phase in action, before the brain dies??

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This sort of corroborates my theory that higher dimensions are based on electromagnetic frequency. Powerful electrical currents in the brain allow us to connect with higher dimensions, but our biology is incapable of withstanding the extended strain without serious side effects. We are designed for this dimension, so straining our bodies to exceed the energetic limits of this dimension in order to access the next is a very dangerous exercise. But then...death happens. And suddenly, our vessel's strain isn't so relevant because our vessel is no longer relevant to us.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So are the people who have hellish experiences still using that part of the brain...I think not!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorance101
So are the people who have hellish experiences still using that part of the brain...I think not!

Inner convictions dictate what experience you have at that time. If your subconscious is not in agreement with your consciousness this can result in a negative experience.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This is the truth. The brain generates the mind as a energetic field outside of the skull. This would help explain tons of metephysical occurances. Like Telepathy, psycokinesis, remote viewing. If the mind lies outside of the head, we can project our quantum holograhpic self (soul) anywhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I am casually working on a theory that energy is the key to dimensions. The higher the vibration, the higher the dimensional manifestation. Fire and lightning are manifestations approaching a dimension above ours, which is why they have such devastating effects on our flesh. Our flesh is designed for lower frequencies. Fire and lightning, as higher frequency manifestations, are destructive to lower frequency materials, just as our flesh is destructive to lower frequency manifestations such as ice or snow. The transfer of heat engenders an increase in vibrational frequency, which results in a destabilization of molecular structure. At that point, energy is no longer trapped in this dimension.

Our mind works the same way. So when our brain is supercharged, our senses become sensitized to those higher dimensions...at the cost of our flesh, which is unable to withstand such intense channeling of energy.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I agree I don't believe this either, I may as well tell you that Giraffe's hate tuesdays, and if you want verification, it would be the same as those that make this claim about NDE,s in rats. On the other hand we could hold a seance for rats only, and see if they can contact some of the has been lab rats for confirmation, or would that be accepted.
dear o dear, so many worthwhile phenomena to test and we are now aware that dying rats have NDE's so we can all run off down chocolate hollow and jump the caramel fencing which leads to happy strawberry acre.... whoopee rats have nde's... another lollipop anyone... hmpf!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join