It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about Joe? In Hillary's shadow, Biden takes steps toward possible 2016 bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Since when has a sitting vice president been relegated to the second string of candidates in the race for the White House?

Yet that's what seems to be happening as Hillary Clinton soaks up all the 2016 speculation, leaving Vice President Biden to quietly lay the groundwork for his own possible bid, should he choose to make one. As if to offer a gentle reminder that he is still very much interested in becoming the 2016 Democratic nominee, the vice president has scheduled a major political event next month in Iowa -- where presidential hopefuls must clear the first hurdle, the Iowa caucuses.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Republicans: Oh please, Joe, run, we could actually beat you!

Sad, so sad, the GOP is in such bad shape with it's factional splintering that it's begging for Joe Biden to run in 2016 so they actually have a hope in hell of winning.

The rebranding effort amongst the GOP has split the party into three distinct sects, you have the TEA Party Republicans, the Fiscally Conservative Republicans, and the Socially Conservative Republicans. Each vying for credibility amongst all of the distinct sects of conservatism, each failing in unique ways. And each stating that the others don't pass the "Republican Purity" tests they hoist upon themselves.

I really love this part. This shows the extent of how Republicans disconnected themselves from the past...

Modern history shows every sitting, able-bodied vice president vying for an open seat entered the presidential race as a leading candidate, and went on to become his party’s presidential nominee. From Richard Nixon in 1960 all the way to Al Gore in 2000, sitting vice presidents have enjoyed an evident advantage in seeking the nomination -- though in that period, only George H.W. Bush went on to win the presidency itself in that race. Nixon won on his second attempt, in 1968.

(Bold & Underline added for emphasis.)

Every?

*Cough* Dick Cheney *Cough*

Oh I forgot, The years between January 20, 2001 and January 20, 2009 never actually existed according to Republicans. The entire universe was sucked into a void for those 8 years. No problems existed, no universe existed, nothing at all happened.

Just like Paul Revere's famous ride to warn the British that the Americans were coming. The modern GOP has ignored history, misrepresented it, and completely re wrote it in a failed attempt to bolster their horrible image.

Seeing the writing on the wall for yet another failed attempt at the white house, the GOP now is all but begging Joe Biden to run for the office. He's their only hope.

Hey, maybe they can convince Biden and Pelosi to run? That way they can put up any GOP loser they want and still win cause no one is insane enough to vote a Biden/Pelosi ticket.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Joe Biden is the Democratic version of Dan Quayle (or Bingo Bob for those who watched the West Wing).

To think he has a serious chance of being a Democratic Nominee or viable challenger to the Republicans he is more out of touch than what I thought. Hillary, if she runs, will get uinprecedented support, imp, since she is going ot be a package deal.

4 years with the possibility of 4 more with Bill Clinton back in the mix.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Testing the forum wind eh?

With the recent news about Benghazi, Hillary has a lot of
baggage already, this will add more.

As she said her self, she has been in this arena for a long time.
"I have a lot of baggage"

She is hardly presidential.

As for Joe Biden well....he is a walking gaffe.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Americans have always voted on Charisma, not facts. Thats why Biden doesnt stand a chance.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yawn.

Unless somebody comes up out of nowhere, the Dems are stuck with Hillary.

She's the best they got.

I wonder if Biden even understands what POTUS means.

But he does understand financial corruption, so maybe he's the choice .....

Remember this?
Jon Corzine was THEE "The Stimulus Guy" !!

Corzine "helped" Obama with the stimulus

The Jon speaks...while watching the 2 big boys !

egg in the face !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Biden isn't a serious choice. FOX News wishes he would run because it's the only chance the shattered GOP has at retaking the white house.

Of course, I have always maintained that a viable third party candidate is the way to go, and what this country desperately needs. Someone that both the Democrats, and Republicans can actually civilly work with or equally hate.

Fact of the matter is, third party candidates not tied to the two major parties are the only thing in my opinion that will really save this country.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hmmm, right, leave it up to the Obama apologizer to analyze the GOP.

Come on man, give it up. Break out of the 2 party paradigm already, most of ATS has already done it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The upcoming democratic ticket will look like a top 10 wanted list of Al Capone type people, Or a Calamity Jane in Hillary's case..
An amazingly corrupt world it is today.. The republican ticket will look like the democrat ticket of 15 years ago, not a lot of difference there..

America is totally done..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Biden will run because Hillary will need a primary opponent. Not because he is a serious contender, but they need a primary to get Hillary's platform out there without being seriously challenged. Biden and Hillary won't go hard on each other, they will play softball, and it will all be to keep Hillary in the media while the Republicans are fighting it out. You will see Hillary laying a platform and the Republicans once again tearing each other down and trying to one up each other on how far Right they are.

Hillary will be the next POTUS, the election is just a formality.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You say the "Dems are stuck with Hillary" like that is a bad thing.

Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Fact of the matter is, third party candidates not tied to the two major parties are the only thing in my opinion that will really save this country.

Translated, third party candidates are the only thing the get the major party
players elected, into The Whitehouse.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

Care to explain?

Yes I will explain.

She is a K
K

Yawn..................

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I want to put this pic up for you to see.

Now, think about what I wrote, in the post JUST ABOVE YOURS, and then re read what you wrote, and see where the problem is.

Do you see the problem?

Is it becoming apparent?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'd rather see an Independent in the WH, barring that I'd rather Biden than Clinton. Any which way you slice it, unless the next to impossible happens with a 3rd party... whether Biden, Clinton or any Republican in the WH all it means is more war and more debt.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Care to explain?

Yes I will explain.

She is a K
K

Yawn..................

Well, that Kook is going to be the next POTUS.

I guess it says more about the Republicans that they aren't going to even be able to compete against a "kook" than it says about the Dems.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I'd rather see an Independent in the WH, barring that I'd rather Biden than Clinton. Any which way you slice it, unless the next to impossible happens with a 3rd party... whether Biden, Clinton or any Republican in the WH all it means is more war and more debt.

A 3rd Party is not going to win the POTUS anytime soon.

The reason is because those that support a 3rd party only seem to do so with the Presidential elections. Get 3rd parties elected as Governors, Mayors, Reps, and Senators...and then start to worry about the POTUS.

But that isn't going to happen because of American laziness and sense of instant gratification.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I guess it says more about the Republicans that they aren't going to even be able to compete against a "kook"

Oh, just depends on how dirty they want to play.

Bill Clinton is the "adopted" son of George Bush Sr, what does that make Hillary.
A whitewashed Republican?

edit on 14-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Old Joe has my vote if he does indeed run!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Hey, maybe they can convince Biden and Pelosi to run? That way they can put up any GOP loser they want and still win cause no one is insane enough to vote a Biden/Pelosi ticket.

The past two elections make me question the above statement significantly. Anyone insane enough to vote for what we've got, not once but twice, would certainly be mentally incompetent and masochistic enough to vote for Biden/Pelosi. Hell, I may vote for them myself... it would be like political chemotherapy, come as close as you can to killing the body in the name of ridding it of cancer.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The past two elections make me question the above statement significantly. Anyone insane enough to vote for what we've got, not once but twice, would certainly be mentally incompetent and masochistic enough to vote for Biden/Pelosi. Hell, I may vote for them myself... it would be like political chemotherapy, come as close as you can to killing the body in the name of ridding it of cancer.

Just morbid curiosity getting the better of people eh?

The People: "You know, this is a swirling toilet bowel of a country anyway, let's go with "two blasts" Biden and Skeletor for the final flush."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join