It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post. Not entirely sure how this works. I have some interesting UFO footage though.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EcakCake
www.youtube.com...

Footage from last night, taken on a tripod, sped up 1600x. Not any recognizable star on the stargazing app. Moved too slow to be a satellite. Thoughts?

How do you know its not a satellite? They don't all move at the same speed! It doesn't seem the remarkable to me I'm afraid, and a moving dot against the black sky hardly allows for any real estimations of size, speed, direction etc. Given the amount of space debris up there it could be anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EcakCake

Were you looking to the south by chance?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The first clip was taken facing east, the second facing southeast

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

true.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
regardless, what we saw that first night was like nothing i'd ever seen.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Also, my "consumer video camera" must be totally busted, because I do it all the time at 30 FPS.

I would be interested to see even a few seconds from your camera plus details on settings camera model etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I see where youre coming from..the OP camcorder is a pretty basic entry level digital camcorder not the greatest sensor or lens.

I said i think its a star (apart from looking like one) because OP stated it changed colour and moved very slowly.

You say it might be an aircraft as any bright star would'nt be visible due to cam limitations which is entirely possible..my problem is surely the OP would recognise as aircraft.

My advice to OP (if hes very skint like me) is to buy an old school Hi8 camcorder they generally have larger lenses and cost about £40 on ebay not the crappy small lens you find on basic digital camera you get these days.

MP and HD does'nt mean anything if you havent got decent lens and sensor

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hang on...did yo record it with the Sony or Panasonic ?.....re-reading posts must've missed something

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

The object observed on 8/11 did not move slowly at all; it moved in a variety of patterns very quickly, although this does not show up in the footage too well. the object observed last night moved very slowly. all footage taken with a sony hdr-cx22.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
I would be interested to see even a few seconds from your camera plus details on settings camera model etc.

Sure thing.

I generally didn't go out to try and film stars in that level of twilight, though, and I'm not about to pour over hours of captured video looking for those exact conditions.

I've seen Capella look very much like that video in the right atmosphere... big as a grapefruit, and scintillating up a storm. I only watched the OP's video once, too, so I'm still on the "If we're going with stars" angle.

Also, I wasn't there as a witness, either, so my opinion is only a guess anyway. I just thought I recognized a friend.

Forgive me if I didn't take the time to wait for the full .mpg to load in the software, either. It's a pain on this machine.

I doubt quality is what you're after anyway, in this case. Sounds more like you think I'm lying.

Capella_30_sec

The camera this was shot with, is a Canon Elura40 MC, and I honestly don't remember what the shutter speed, white bal., brightness was etc. It was from a year ago. Can't get any more "consumer quality" than that.

Since it's capturing at 30 frames a sec, one thing I like to do, is extract those frames sometimes, and look through them. Some of the images are pretty cool.

A simple command line with ffmpeg does that nicely:

Ex: ffmpeg -i /home/account/Videos/test/1-21-2012.mpg -r 20 -ss 180 -t 25 -f image2 /home/account/Videos/test/foo-%04d.png

These are all Capella, gathered the way I just described.

It works with planets too...

I ended up with so many strange looking faces, and people, I wrote a short story out of boredom!

You're an idiot for getting me to post it though!

-------------------------

These are the people I've seen in the stars,
I know that they come from within.
They rode from beyond even Venus and Mars
on the edge of the light they were in.

They told me a tale of importance, to them.
I made it all up as I went.
I wanted my world to seem bigger again,
but, if, only a couple percent.

We talked about tolls as the battles begun,
and we feared for eachothers demise.
How close to the same, and how each of us won,
but we still want the end of the sky.

We know where it is, and we know who we are,
this lifetime is only a day.
It's only one step, but it's so very far,
and it's trillions of billions away.

I left with a place in my heart, and my eye.
Exiting, and boy did we roam!
I had a good night, but I waved them goodbye,
a bit kinder, and longing for home.

I wish it was real, and maybe it was,
I have to believe, but you know,
it's all about you, and you doubt it because,
you keep typing, and telling me so!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EcakCake

Funny I thought I saw an entire flotilla at around that same time looking SE to SW here in mo. Just waved and went about my night because I figured if they were 'out of towners' that they were there to enjoy the stop over and watch the meteor shower.

I got a nice vibe but just seeing some anomalous lights in the sky that had nothing to do with me personally would be an exercise in frustrating futility if I were to take it personally, just went to the other side of the property as planned and did not give it another thought.

The meteor shower was awesome, that was good enough for me.

Why do people get all freaked out and take sightings personally? Humans and their egos.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Thanks for that info your video link didn't seem to work

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not sure what's up with it, sorry. The first time I checked the link, it tried sending a file, but it was 0 bytes and the D/L never started. Second time worked just fine.

Try Youtube instead. Not everyone will have the right plugin installed to play an .mp4 anyway, without downloading and using vlc or something.

Again, totally degraded, but you get the picture.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join