It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suppository gaffe makes Tony Abbott the butt of the world's jokes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well as this didn't seem to reach the bar of Swine flu, etc in Alternative News this seemed the best place to post. Mods move if needed please.

So, never a dull moment in Australian politics.

As (Tony) Abbott stood among the Liberal party faithful in Melbourne, glancing from side to side and surveying those loyally assembled, he let rip with a malapropism to rival even those of the infamously tongue-tied former US president George W Bush. "No one," said Abbott, "however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom."

However he was not able to slink into shadow for the gaffe as ...

Billy Bragg, the beloved British songwriter who spent his heyday constructing lyrical anti-Thatcher songs, couldn't resist the crude opportunity, either. "Sounds like Tony Abbott's been talking out of his arse again," he tweeted.

Suppository gaffe makes Tony Abbott the butt of the world's jokes

And on that note how can we not watch the Australian elections?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just your typical politician!

Funny but!

P

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So sick of politics full stop! I come on here and see all this crap about Obama and all over our MSM it's about abbot or Rudd or whoever else I really don't care!

He's a douche though- he doesn't support gay marriage and is very clear on his views so he has lost (in my opinion) a lot of votes from us, the Australian public.

new topics

join