It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amaricans(the world) are in grave danger due to RADIATION from FUKUSHIMA!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
I question the source only because I read an article on RT over the weekend that said there is little to no danger to anybody outside of a couple kilometers of the area.

I'll see if I can find the article...

No offense to the op it just seems to be two very conflicting stories. I don't know who to believe but I know it's a mess.

EDIT - Here's the article....rt.com...

So the people in California can relax. In fact, the contamination of California and indeed the rest of the planet from the global weapons test fallout of 1959-1962 was far worse, and resulted in the cancer epidemic which began in 1980. The atmospheric megaton explosions drove the radioactivity into the stratosphere and the rain brought it back to earth to get into the milk, the food, the air, and our children’s bones. Kennedy and Kruschev called a halt in 1963, saving millions.

It goes on to say that the ocean is so huge the contaminated water will be diluted to the point of being virtually harmless.

Nevertheless, the sea-to-land effect is real. And anyone living within 1km of the coast to at least 200km north or south of Fukushima should get out. They should evacuate inland. It is not eating the fish and shellfish that gets you - it’s breathing.

The author of this article is Professor Christopher Busby from the European Committee on Radiation Risks for RT
edit on 12-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

3 billion pounds of radio active waste is pouring into the ocean every year, 3,000,000,000.

This will happen for the next 20 years at least, as right now there is no way to deal with any aspect of this problem, in fact, in reactor 2 they have no idea at all what is going on - none. They are running of willing "dead man walking" workers and the company who is entirely in charge of the process is bankrupt. Not to mention, that radiation, human killing radiation, has now entered the food chain: fish who each fish, who each fish who are eaten by the humans.

Hardly a "nothing to see here" process. Regardless, it it is beyond outrageous that this is happening with no international nothing, there is more international phone line activity on this stupid snowden nonsense.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am opening a sushi bar near fukushima i shall call it the atomic sushi bar.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

The "why" the ionizing radiation is washing across the world with little monitoring of the U.S. food supply is best explained in the following story from Counterpunch, the alternative news magazine:

www.counterpunch.org...

Get familiar with the alternative news sources, who have been able to follow the Fukushima nuclear disaster more consistently than the mainstream media for the last 2 and 1/2 years:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/13/2013 by Uphill because: Added a link.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by baddmove

And still you will hear no outcry from the obamonots - If this were a republican - you can bet there would be republican leaning citizens crying out -

Maybe this is why obamo was "re-elected" ? So no americans could have a foothold into finding out what really is going on with fukushima - and with the rest of the hare-brained things going on in this ass-backward administration/gov't - both dems and repubs.

Let's say we are all getting irradiated right now. And? What exactly can is there to outcry about at this point? Nuclear generated power was and is a bad idea. # happens, basically. The funny thing is, everyone wants the EPA to go away, so industry can pollute however much it wants to, free from regulations, but that Japanese radiation is a big concern...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Happy1

And still you will hear no outcry from the obamonots - If this were a republican - you can bet there would be republican leaning citizens crying out -

Maybe this is why obamo was "re-elected" ? So no americans could have a foothold into finding out what really is going on with fukushima - and with the rest of the hare-brained things going on in this ass-backward administration/gov't - both dems and repubs.

Let's say we are all getting irradiated right now. And? What exactly can is there to outcry about at this point? Nuclear generated power was and is a bad idea. # happens, basically. The funny thing is, everyone wants the EPA to go away, so industry can pollute however much it wants to, free from regulations, but that Japanese radiation is a big concern...

deez nutz have been irradiated for years (since birth)... it's the main reason I am bow legged.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This looks like a job for Captain Hindsight.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

For details on diet and lifestyle protection against ionizing radiation, see the 2012 book by NY State nutritionist Sara Shannon, titled Radiation Protective Foods. Earlier editions of this book were from various publishers, but she self-published this updated edition in order to get the information to the public in the shortest possible time, in as inexpensive a format as possible:

www.radiationprotectivefoods.com...

The above link is the author's website. She must have liked the Amazon review I wrote about the book (under the username of Indy), because she includes my review in her sample review section.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I suppose I should get out the survey meter and check for any radiation again, I do it about once a year or more if I feel a need. I didn't notice any elevated levels last fall, but that was almost a year ago. I guess tomorrow would be a good day to do this.

I'd like to take it into the grocery store to see if there is anything there.

you need to measure the rainfall/snowfall to get a more precise measurement. we call them rain swipes.

i have been measuring this since may of 2011 and i can tell you Sir, it's not looking good. food testing is not really possible with what people use to measure air and water, but i suppose if you saturate the food with water of a known value, it should show you if it's edible or not.

stay out of the rain and snow as much as possible, that will save you a while longer.
also wanted to add for anyone testing, make sure you test your home air filters when you replace them, they can be a large source of recirculating isotopes.
edit on 13-8-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
Why Americans ?

Ever noticed that , how it seems it`s always at YOUR door ?

We`re all in danger , but out of everyone I`d dare say the Japanese have the biggest problem with Fukushima`s radiation. Just think , nuclear spill on one side of the globe , oil spill on the other , chemicals added to the food supply and the water supply on top of the oil and radiation - combined with the spraying of chemicals in our skies... those tinfoil hats don`t look too bad now , huh ?

And yet the majority on here seem to still believe mankind can become a good steward to his planet and the power hungry leaders will someday care to stop the use of harmful energy and product production. man is not going to be our savior, they cannot, they are ruled by selfishness and greed...that is not going to change.

I watched It's a Bugs Life the movie last night again an clearly they are representing us as the ants who could rise against the powerful (grasshoppers) but it will never happen without a catalyst and I believe that catalyst could not be a human being.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

everyone wants the EPA to go away
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

No big business and those they pay off want the EPA to go away, however it has been rendered ineffective by having corporate leaders anyway now.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Took out the survey meter, it has recently rained. There is a little radioactivity in the wind, possibly from some rock around here but it only increases to about one a second. The sand/salt mixture in the shed is still giving off quite a few extra ticks. The Little Ben clock makes it tick lots. The clock is my reference to see if it is working properly. I should go for a ride to see where the stuff in the air is coming from, the wind swirls through the trees though so finding where the rock outcrop is could be difficult. It is probably not that close.

I'm not worried about a little radiation, a lot is a different story. I should go looking for those radioactive outcrops that are supposed to be about ten miles away, just so I know where they are.

When I run my water next to charcoal, the radon collects on the charcoal and it ticks pretty good. I don't have much radon in the house, except for the shed where the sand and salt is mixed. The radon in the water will kill just about any microbe on your body when showering, I consider that good
I'm not afraid of the water, the kind of radon it contains is the same that is in a stream, because my well is in an underground stream that feeds the swamp springs down the hill. That is not the dangerous radon, there is only one of the three types that is really bad.

I am still trying to figure out why the salt reacts with the sand to give off a signal. Maybe that is why the berries grow so good close to the roads. I am not sure if that is harmful or not, the sand was sand from a sand sausage and the salt from a bag of salt, both purchased through a local lumber yard.

So nothing really abnormal happening around here, it's common to get an uptick in the wind if it is coming past an outcrop. The outcrops I am aware of aren't from that direction though, there might be one in that direction.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The radiation is rising across the whole nation.
www.radiationnetwork.com...

I was exercising in the rain here in Crescent City CA but I became ill, weak and miserable. It rains a lot but we are now exercising inside more and more. we all (people we know) seem to have eye pain and losing vision. i know people on here will say as usual it is not effecting us but I think they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maby this is why ObamaCare was setup to do away with all the folks who get radiation sickness to get rid of them.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Maybe , but I doubt it..

I have wondered all summer why the weeds wont die.

I spray them all the time too..

AND!! all the trees around here are growing like crazy..

i have been working this job for 6 years and have never seen growth like this...

I heard a long time ago that (i)radiated plants grow really fast...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The only 1 who knows the

Maby this is why ObamaCare was setup to do away with all the folks who get radiation sickness to get rid of them.

Actually I think that was done to deal with the impeding cellphone damage - a fried brain is way worse then a brain on drugs.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I heard they were going to try to freeze the ground to try to contain it. I still am amazed that with all the brilliant minds on this planet we can't come up with one viable solution to correcting this problem... Over 2 years and still nothing...

Fungi.Mycelium.

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.theepochtimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Mycoremediation, a phrase coined by Paul Stamets, is a form of bioremediation, the process of using fungi to degrade or sequester contaminants in the environment. Stimulating microbial and enzyme activity, mycelium reduces toxins in-situ. Some fungi are hyperaccumulators, capable of absorbing and concentrating heavy metals in the mushroom fruit bodies.

One of the primary roles of fungi in the ecosystem is decomposition, which is performed by the mycelium. The mycelium secretes extracellular enzymes and acids that break down lignin and cellulose, the two main building blocks of plant fiber. These are organic compounds composed of long chains of carbon and hydrogen, structurally similar to many organic pollutants. The key to mycoremediation is determining the right fungal species to target a specific pollutant. Certain strains have been reported to successfully degrade the nerve gases VX and sarin[citation needed].

edit on 14-8-2013 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

... but not much.

Greetings esteemed Member this_is_who_we_are:

Nice to see you still out there still at it. Thank you for all you do.
We humbly offer these items that may be of interest...

11 March 2011
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

13 March 2011
America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

11 April 2011
Radiation Watch 2011

(TPTB disabled Replies on this thread - go figure :lol

22 April 2011

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

1 September 2012
Radiation Watch 2012

(TPTB disabled Replies on this thread - go figure :lol

7 March 2012
I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds

23 April 2012
Do Citizens of Earth Have the Right to a Radiation-free Environment?

25 October 2012
FukuGate: We've been conned

14 January 2013
FukuFlu/Fallout Fluenza/Radiation Rainouts Target North America

13 January 2013
Radiation Watch 2013

23 February 2013
711 days after Fukushima changed the world forever on 3/11/11

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Item

After disaster, the deadliest part of Japan's nuclear clean-up beginning this November!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by MariaLida
started 8/14/2013 @ 10:48 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by MariaLida
Insight: After disaster, the deadliest part of Japan's nuclear clean-up

(Reuters) - The operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is preparing to remove 400 tons of highly irradiated spent fuel from a damaged reactor building, a dangerous operation that has never been attempted before on this scale.

By Aaron Sheldrick and Antoni Slodkowski
TOKYO | Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:16am BST

Containing radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released in the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima 68 years ago, more than 1,300 used fuel rod assemblies packed tightly together need to be removed from a building that is vulnerable to collapse, should another large earthquake hit the area.

Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) is already in a losing battle to stop radioactive water overflowing from another part of the facility, and experts question whether it will be able to pull off the removal of all the assemblies successfully.

"They are going to have difficulty in removing a significant number of the rods," said Arnie Gundersen, a veteran U.S. nuclear engineer and director of Fairewinds Energy Education, who used to build fuel assemblies.

The operation, beginning this November at the plant's Reactor No. 4, is fraught with danger, including the possibility of a large release of radiation if a fuel assembly breaks, gets stuck or gets too close to an adjacent bundle, said Gundersen and other nuclear experts.

“There is a risk of an inadvertent criticality if the bundles are distorted and get too close to each other,” Gundersen said. He was referring to an atomic chain reaction [...]

“The problem with a fuel pool criticality is that you can’t stop it. There are no control rods to control it,” Gundersen said. [...]

“Previously it was a computer-controlled process [...] It has to be done manually so there is a high risk that they will drop and break one of the fuel rods,” [Toshio Kimura, a former Tepco technician, who worked at Fukushima Daiichi for 11 years] said. [...]

The process will begin in November and Tepco expects to take about a year removing the assemblies, spokesman Yoshikazu Nagai told Reuters by e-mail. It's just one installment in the decommissioning process for the plant forecast to take about 40 years and cost $11 billion.

uk.reuters.com...

enenews.com... u-cant-stop-it-no-control-rods-to-control-it-consulta

Wait check
Worry check
Duct Tape you bet your sweet ass duct tape

edit on 8/17/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join