It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient City from before Recorded Time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've been cruising around google maps, and I found something curious....

It could be nothing... but take a look anyways...

It could just be the way the satellite took the picture... It could just be my imagination...

Though If people can keep posting threads about rocks on mars... I can speculate too...

You can't miss it so it might have been posted before...

I've heard there's no right angles in nature... but what do I know...

In this shot it looks like a huge road at the bottom of the dark square area that leads to another city....

And in said speculative city... the "landscape" resembles a modern metropolis...with city blocks and roads leading out of the city...

Is this an ancient city that was literally wiped off the map and eroded by time?

A sunken city that disappeared before history was even considered?

Or just more rocks....

Edit: pardon the bad screen shots...
edit on 12-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Could be a google edit for any reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Like I said it could be nothing... but is it any more believable then this?

Mars Rocks... Lizards, flowers and battle ships!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's Atlantis!

Good job.....have a beer. (or another beer.)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Don't mind if I do...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
One explanation for what is shown is that the ships that carry out ocean floor mapping take the soundings they use to make the maps in a grid pattern. Sounds possible, perhaps there are oceanographers on ATS that confirm or refute this.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Antipathy17

Like I said it could be nothing... but is it any more believable then this?

Mars Rocks... Lizards, flowers and battle ships!

Don't get me wrong I am a believer. I just can't get over all the disinformation. Not saying this is, just can't say anything is definite till we have proof.

Which is how likely when we are lied to about even our most recent history?
edit on 12-8-2013 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was gonna check your thread out, but now I'm promptly closing it in horror at the sight of someone using Internet Explorer.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was looking at Dutch Harbor up in Unalaska, Alaska once and I noticed weird rectangular shapes out in the water. It could very well be how they joined the pictures together but it looks different from the others.

If there really is something off of Unalaska, Alaska then they're enormous structures.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
S&F for posting a thread in which you are asking what something is, that you are not sure what it is, and if it might be something as mundane as stitching errors, etc, making an image that presents something artificial.

I am not an expert, but I do believe I've read somewhere that the images presented by Google Earth of under water depend on the soundings and sonar data from ships that produce interesting images.

That said, as you stated: this is no worse than posting a picture of a rock on Mars and asking if someone sees something, but then insisting that it can not be a rock.........

You're not insisting on anything and are willing to accept explanations for it.

So thumbs up to you (even if it is just some stitching artifact, etc):

edit on 12-8-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I would say the answers given already are the best ones you will receive, but hell when you consider all the other ancient sites that have been found with satellite and mapping technology then i suppose anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Every time I find myself musing that same thought, along comes some mind-blowing comment from somebody who knows "everything" about the subject and drops some hardcore truth or at least compelling speculation...
"Dudes, I was THERE. I saw it all go down! ..."

Any moment now... =)
edit on 13-8-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To be honest, I have no idea what that could be. The lines suggest that something was build there or something is resting there which was build by human hands. Any records of an island or active ground movements at anytime in recorded history? If that area has a history then it might gives the pics some bite.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would recommend searching South American mythology. It should also be noted that the area you pointed out seems to be in the area of Easter Island.

So maybe you are onto something.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
possibly check some of the other mapping sites to see if their imagery shows the same artifacts. if you posted a lat, lng i wouldn't mind looking myself. At first i thought stitching our digitizing artifact but it is a little cleaner than ones I've seen previously. nice find OP

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfzilla
possibly check some of the other mapping sites to see if their imagery shows the same artifacts. if you posted a lat, lng i wouldn't mind looking myself. At first i thought stitching our digitizing artifact but it is a little cleaner than ones I've seen previously. nice find OP

The Maori have an oral history of vast swathes of land sinking beneath the sea, which used to make the voyages of the Polynesians a bit easier.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You speak of Mu, which is said to be in that area.
Mu

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I guess if we can work out the depth, we could go from there.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfzilla

That's why I posted the first screenshot...

Its in the southern Atlantic ocean... directly to the right of Peru... just off the coast...

You can't miss the dark square....

The whole area looks like a sunken city or a lost continent

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

directly to the right of Peru

Er... Left...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join