It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim UFOs are controlled by Alien Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The following quotes show, many scientists are in fact interested in UFOs and believe they are controlled
by alien extraterrestrial intelligence:

"The least improbable explanation is that these things are artificial and controlled. . .my opinion for some time has been that they have an extraterrestrial origin."
-Dr. Maurice Biot, aerodynamicist and mathematical physicist.

Werner Von Braun, rocket scientist who was instrumental in the development of Nazi Germany's V2 rocket and later, the American space program.
"We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months time it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter." --This comment comes from "News Europa" Jan. 1959 and refers to mysterious events during the re-entry phase of the Juno 2 rocket during a test flight.
"...it is as impossible to confirm them (UFOs) in the present as it will be to deny them in the future." --In a comment to Nasa scientist, Clark McClelland

"The discs use a means of propulsion different from ours. There is no other possible explanation. Flying saucers come from another world."
-Louis Breguet, French aircraft designer and manufacturer.

"What I found [in doing research for the book Project Delta] was compelling evidence to claim that most of these aerial objects far exceeded the terrestrial technology of the era in which they were seen. I was forced to conclude that there is a great likelihood that Earth is being visited by highly advanced aerospace vehicles under highly 'intelligent' control indeed."
-Dr. Richard F. Haines, retired NASA senior research scientist at Ames Research Center and the Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science where he worked on the International Space Station.--From the preface of his book, CE-5, 1998.

"Many professional astronomers are convinced that saucers are interplanetary machines."
-Dr. Frank Halstead of the Darling Observatory, Minnesota--1957

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, former Chairman of the Dept. of Astronomy at North Western University and scientific advisor to Project Bluebook from 1952-1969
"When I first got involved in this field, I was particularly skeptical of people who said they had seen UFOs on several occasions and totally incredulous about those who claimed to have been taken aboard one. But I've had to change my mind." --1972
"It reminds me of tthe days of Galileo when he was trying to get people to look at the sun spots. They would say that the sun is a symbol of God; God is perfect; therefore the sun is perfect; therefore spots cannot exist: therefore there is no point in looking." --Hynek in Newsweek, Nov. 21, 1977, p. 97
"I was there at [Project] Bluebook and I know the job they had. They were told not to excite the public, not to rock the boat... Whenever a case happened that they coud explain--which was quite a few--they made a point of that, and let that out to the media. . .Cases that were very difficult to explain, they would jump handsprings to keep the media away from them. They had a job to do, rightfully or wrongfully, to keep the public from getting excited." --From a filmed interview. I don't know the date.

"UFO sightings are now so common, the military doesn't have time to worry about them. . .when a UFO appears, they simply ignore it. . .Unconventional targets are ignored because apparently we are only interested in Russian targets, possibly enemy targets. Something that hovers in the air, then shoots off at 5,000 miles per hour, doesn't interest us, because it can't be the enemy. UFOs are picked up by ground and air radar, and they have been photographed by gun camera all along. There are so many UFOs in the sky that the Air Force has had to employ special radar networks to screen them out."
-Lee Katchen, NASA atmospheric physicist in an announcement on June 7, 1968 in which he stated that he believed, based on his examination of 7,000 reports, that UFOs have an extraterrestrial origin.

SEE MORE HERE:
www.ufoevidence.org...

So what say you alien/UFO fans are the scientists right? How much more evidence is necessary to indicate we are being visited by an alien intelligence? Will these aliens try to make real contact or have they already done so and is there in fact a government cover-up? Why?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Many of those quotes don't necessarily suggest extraterrestrial origins but, rather, only suggest we are not alone.

Hynek, for example, turned out to subscribe more to an inter-extra-ultra dimensional hypothesis.

Don't get me wrong: I believe we are not alone...what "they" are, however, obviously supersedes easy definition.

That's one reason why Stanton Friedman, imo, is such a sham...he chases such silly and obvious fakes as Mj-12, and at the same time totally ignores the high-strangeness aspects. That pretty much makes him a narrow-minded fraud that only sees--and reports--that which bolsters his preconceived notions.

The ONLY viewpoint that can reasonably be proffered at this point is an open mind, no?

edit on 12-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I don't disagree with you but once we are talking about beings [if they are beings] from somewhere else not of this
Earth then one could use the word extraterrestrial as 'they' are not terrestrial in the normal sense of the word even
if it turns out they are in fact inter-dimensional. Some are afraid to speculate as that is what they would be doing
until proof of their origin is established. But I like speculation as I like good science fiction which often speculates
on what outer [and sometimes inner] space may offer. But I do believe the speculation should be broad based and
will entertain any hypothesis until it is proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Many of those quotes don't necessarily suggest extraterrestrial origins but, rather, only suggest we are not alone.

Hynek, for example, turned out to subscribe more to an inter-extra-ultra dimensional hypothesis.

Don't get me wrong: I believe we are not alone...what "they" are, however, obviously supersedes easy definition.

That's one reason why Stanton Friedman, imo, is such a sham...he chases such silly and obvious fakes as Mj-12, and at the same time totally ignores the high-strangeness aspects. That pretty much makes him a narrow-minded fraud that only sees--and reports--that which bolsters his preconceived notions.

The ONLY viewpoint that can reasonably be proffered at this point is an open mind, no?

Friedman's main point through his various works, is to prove that UFOs are unknown phenomena to our reality. That is the first step for any scientist. He has devoted his later life to that task, not unlike any scientist that gets bitten with the bug he favors. Regardless, of how you regard him--unless you figure him to be an out-and-out shill, he seems to be a scientist of conviction and on the path that very few scientists are willing to tread because they are on the federal/academic/business payroll one way or another.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I have listened to Stanton Friedman many times on radio talk shows and once read a book he co-authored.
He is interesting but my one complaint about him is he has a habit of talking a lot about the subject and saying
little - does not speculate enough or offer enough in the way of the hypothetical. IMO it is what we don't know
that makes the subject interesting - what we do know is already a matter of ;public record - unless of course
you believe in the theory of government conspiracy hiding the truth.

edit on 12-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have trouble trusting science to begin with , but when scientists claim UFOs are of extra-terrestrial origin i feel like they are taking the easy way out .

An unidentified flying object is just that , unidentified .... it could be absolutely anything . At the moment i think most sightings are actually our own technology ... there`s something about UFOs that just doesn`t fit with me .

Surely an intelligent mind would be asking why aliens seem to be building spaceships out of earth-metals with lights and windows for crying out loud .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
The following quotes show, many scientists are in fact interested in UFOs and believe they are controlled
by alien extraterrestrial intelligence:.......

Werner Von Braun, rocket scientist who was instrumental in the development of Nazi Germany's V2 rocket and later, the American space program.
"We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months time it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter." --This comment comes from "News Europa" Jan. 1959 and refers to mysterious events during the re-entry phase of the Juno 2 rocket during a test flight.
"...it is as impossible to confirm them (UFOs) in the present as it will be to deny them in the future." --In a comment to Nasa scientist, Clark McClelland ....

Thanks for bringing this up, this example helps assess the quality of the evidence so widely disseminated over the Internet.

And it should be a warning to serious enthusiasts to check and double-check stuff, especially when it most makes them feel empowered by access to 'inside information'.

As is easy to verify, Clark McClelland has never been a 'NASA scientist' or a NASA employee of any kind. He worked a series of launch pad construction and maintenance jobs at Cape Canaveral, and did honorable work for the US missile and space program. He is now in ill health and needs financial aid, which I encourage anybody with human feelings to provide.

Over the years he has reported an amazing sequence of stories of his personally being told secrets by Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and every top German space scientist and astronaut -- none of them ever verifiable by any other record. Recently -- see his youtube channel -- he has described how the ex-V2 Germans in charge of NASA took him with them when they flew to the Kecksburg UFO landing site in 1965 to retrieve the Soviet-built time machine that actually landed there. I'm not making this up -- go listen to his youtube speeches and interviews. He claims to have BEEN THERE ON THE GROUND at Kecksburg.

This von Braun story is typical of how he'd misreport things. At considerable effort and difficulty, I was able to access the alleged publication from East Germany, now in the united Germany. and discovered that it says nothing like McClelland claims it said. The story actually comes out of one of Tim Good's books, which also footnoted the East German UFO newsletter, but actually depended on a garbled [fictionalized?] version in a British UFO magazine [Good did not footnote his actual source, as scholars should do, but the source CLAIMED by his source, without checking it -- also typical for UFO 'facts'].

It only remained for McClelland to 'remember' von Braun telling HIM the revelations personally -- which strikes me as implausible, because the revelations were NOT anything like the stories in the supposed 'original source'.

When you see this sloppiness showing up again and again in claims of this sort, you have to develop a more cautious approach to any such claims -- as you should do to my claims as well. Then you can work forward from a position of reality, not fantasy.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Friedman's main point through his various works, is to prove that UFOs are unknown phenomena to our reality. That is the first step for any scientist. He has devoted his later life to that task, not unlike any scientist that gets bitten with the bug he favors.

Your first and third sentence are not concatenate. Friedman does espouse, strongly, the ETH. He doesn't phrase it as the "unknown," nor is he willing, thus far, to really address the "high-strangeness" factors.

Regardless, of how you regard him--unless you figure him to be an out-and-out shill, he seems to be a scientist of conviction and on the path that very few scientists are willing to tread because they are on the federal/academic/business payroll one way or another.

He probably deserves some credit as a "cheerleader" for ufology. I often give him that respect. Is he a shill? Either that or he's very naive. The MJ-12 material has a lineage that inescapably has AFOSI origins. Doty, et al. Are you familiar with his association with William "Bill" Moore, the Aquarius Document, etc?

Plus, as far as McClelland...what Jim said.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You might be right about Clark McClelland but he sure tells interesting stories. Claims to have seen aliens
interacting with astronauts. But also says "I am ready to tell my story, but, for compensation". I see why you
are skeptical about the validity of his claims.
edit on 12-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Q: FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE, THE GREATEST SECRET THAT WERNER VON BRAUN WOULD BE HIDING WOULD BE THE FACT THAT THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL BIOLOGICAL ENTITY IS A REALITY. BUT HIS CONCERN WAS THAT INSTEAD OF BEING HONEST ABOUT ITS MOTIVATION, THAT THE U. S. WOULD ULTIMATELY USE ETs AS ANOTHER THREAT IN ORDER TO PERPETUATE BUDGETS FOR THE PENTAGON? Not just for the Pentagon, but aerospace industries, labs, universities and anyone else who has a job and makes a profit from keeping this a secret. Although most of the people in the industry don’t even know there is this big secret of all time – and yes, you have articulated this very beautifully. You are not at all putting words in my mouth – that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Stanton isn't the only one who claims Von Braun believed in ET. That's from an interview with Carol Rosin now, if you want to call her liar Jim and say she never met Von Braun and became friends with him, I'd like to see documentary proof as to that.
edit on 12-8-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

edit on 12-8-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Stanton isn't the only one who claims Von Braun believed in ET. That's from an interview with Carol Rosin now, if you want to call her liar Jim and say she never met Von Braun and became friends with him, I'd like to see documentary proof as to that.

Yeah, there ain't much doubt she worked with Von Braun. And, imo, she's a much better "witness" than a lot of the press club disclosure folk. I base that only on the seeming affection she had for Wernher.

But, and unless I'm mistaken, what do we make of her assertion that Von Braun allegedly told her that the government planned something like Project Bluebeam?

ETA: Found the following...

Funny...Anton LaVey had the same suspicion. Not that either of their opinions reflect on ET...but they are interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView

You might be right about Clark McClelland but he sure tells interesting stories. Claims to have seen aliens
interacting with astronauts. But also says "I am ready to tell my story, but, for compensation". I see why you
are skeptical about the validity of his claims.

Apparently he's been sending space UFO reports to NICAP [Keyhoe] and other groups from the early 1960s, and he does tell interesting stories.

Sadly, he's in bad health and trying to survive on Social Security alone -- most space contractor jobs were short-term and employees often did not 'vest' in a mother-company's pension plan [that happened to me for about 15 years of my own spaceflight contractor jobs].McClelland lost his chance for a space shuttle processing job in 1992, apparently because some stuff on his claimed job resume didn't check out during the security clearance process -- maybe he forgot which stories were authentic and which were exaggerated. The military investigators were not very flexible about what they consider 'falsified credentials', I've been told -- even though I have no reason to doubt he sincerely had come to believe what he wrote down..

Less innocently, he spent years afterwards posing to the UFO community as a 'NASA employee' at 'space shuttle fleet' with a bogus business card that used his home phone and PO Box. He also offered 'genuine space souvenirs' for sale that were either mis-described [he claimed photos were 'autographed' when apparently many were 'autoscribed' as part of NASA's employee/contractor outreach giving such pictures to everybody in the phone book. Other items he has offered for sale apparently would be illegal for him to have obtained. Space memorabilia experts I've talked with [www.collectspace.com for example] have advised me not to purchase such items. Still, out of simple humanity, we all ought to put a few bills in an envelope and send them to his mailing address.

This is only one example of folks piggy-backing off 'Wernher von Braun secrets' decades after the man died.

There are veterans with stories and they need to be assessed, checked out, and used for further research.

I'm not saying to reject them all. I'm only advising a little more caution than seems typical hereabouts -- and I accept the same standards on me, too.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Von Braun was an SS officer he was primed and ready to believe in conspiracies? Maybe, it was just part of the legacy of being a part of a machine that depended on people's belief in conspiracies to legitimise its' actions?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
[Sadly, he's in bad health and trying to survive on Social Security alone -- most space contractor jobs were short-term and employees often did not 'vest' in a mother-company's pension plan [that happened to me for about 15 years of my own spaceflight contractor jobs]...Still, out of simple humanity, we all ought to put a few bills in an envelope and send them to his mailing address.

Danngit, Jim, you tugged my heartstrings. Will do. Where do we find his address? I'll give you the credit...it's only fitting.

Now, after that, will you reveal anything that has ever, in your experience, made you question--just for a moment at least--that there might be something intelligent "out there?"

ETA: Okay, I sorta hate helping Clark this way, but it seems an easy way to do so:

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

Maybe he believes this stuff?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Here is a quoted reply from a thread you started on Clark McClelland about a year and a half ago here on ATS:

Good post and good questions Jim.... F n S It would appear Jim that Mr. McClelland does appear to exaggerate and or embellish his background. However, I wasn’t there (at NASA) and can only speak to information available through the web and email contact with NASA representatives. It is has become so difficult to sort credibility from incredulous claims and disinformation. Again, it appears disinformation defies logic as Boeing themselves insist no previous employment for Mr. McClelland, yet when I contacted NASA directly by email, their simple research produced a copy of a feature article on Mr. Clark McClelland, including his picture in Boeings own newspaper from the time touting him and his accomplishments, NASA also produced his phone listings, and office location. It is really tough to tell who the liars are huh? I have a son of a close friend who works at NASA and there appears to be an equal amount of credibility and disinformation to the rumors which appear to be passed about for general consumption. I like you WISH that we had an easy way to differentiate truth from lies.- OldCurmudgeon

Suddenly at least from my perspective McClelland becomes more interesting. Why is Boeing trying to deny
him credibility? Did McClelland really see things 'they' don't want you to know about? Score one for the
'conspiracy nuts'!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Any way you cut it, the universe we inhabit is profound in every way, and incessant in its ability to surprise (or more often, bewilder) humanity. To suggest that UFOs are definitely not of alien origin is even more absurd (and potentially dangerous) than suggesting that they most definitely are without any trace of convincing evidence!

But consider this: it is literally impossible to prove that aliens don't exist. Therefore, blindly believing that aliens aren't & can't be real, ever, anywhere, any-when, simply because you say so, is equally as irrational & irresponsible (and annoying) as the people who run around trying to convince everyone that aliens are real without any conclusive evidence to back their profound claims whatsoever. Those people are just as much of a hindrance to society as the stubborn & ignorant skeptics are. Both of them are contributing nothing, and making others uncomfortable. And for what? Remember, knowledge is meaningless without having the wisdom to apply it effectively!

So chill out, both of you! Skeptics & believers alike... you're both crazy. Just relax. Skeptics need to overcome their addiction of feeding their intellectual ego and focus more on their conscious-awareness insights when it comes to existential mysteries such as UFOs. You don't need to prove the world wrong just because you're "right". You don't know any better than those you attack & belittle. You both could be wrong. What then?

And, of course, the alien-believers also need to relax and understand that it's not their personal sole responsibility to convince the entire human planet that aliens are real by taking on every person who offers argument. Who really cares? You know they're real. That's all that matters. Anything else is a distortion of ego, and is an unnecessary source of stress & anxiety. Let it go. Be brave, and let the world develop its own perspective - and then offer your wisdom. For then the world will be prepared to hear it. Don't force your wisdom on others without invitation. That's not "wise". That's unproductive & merely fascistic ignorance - at best!

Peace

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence

Indeed!
edit on 13/8/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nice thread OP. 5 years ago you could have posted this and would have been met with intelligent discussion, theories, and links to more information you probably would have enjoyed. Now? You will be met with close-minded pseudo-skeptics, the aliens are demons crowd, and all kinds of scathing ridicule. I'm very sorry about that
UFO's used to be ATS's bread and butter. Now it's all about right-wing politics and xenophobia.

But to engage you a bit I find Werner Von Braun fascinating. Was he doing Hitler's bidding back in the day under duress? Because he had no choice against a mad dictator? Or is that just what he told US Forces when they "rescued" the Nazi Scientists and repatriated them into the US?

The things that man must have known, being involved with the higher-ups of both the Nazi and American scientific establishments.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Wouldn't not being alone constitute something not being from planet Earth, or even this dimension? Point being, coming from another dimension is also extra-terrestrial.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have no reason to doubt Carol Rosin. She's obviously a very well connected lady and she's clearly passionate about her work. But I disliked the way people like Wernher Von Braun were made acceptable to the public after being suitably whitewashed. He was a nazi. All the way up to his death. Whatever he did, he did to push his own agenda.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
edit on 13-8-2013 by MrBotan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join