It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Large ring found in Solar system" - (Apollo 8)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is a web page which may also have bearing, at the end of the interesting information is the story about Aboriginal Australian rock art depicting a wheel like a space station,
www.phenomenalog.com...
Even if not still an interesting read for any UFO or ancient aviation theorist.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please reference this theory about the south American supposed ceremonial arrow head's (Why would they make an arrow head they could not use) and cross reference with the infamous black night satellite that has similar optical property's as far colour and luminance go to the image on you referenced Apollo mission photograph bearing in mind the possibility that it could be an ancient artefact space station that was designed to some ancient military specification that occludes it from normal forms of detection but in both images it appears to still be rotating around it's axis.
www.world-mysteries.com...

By the way thanks for bringing that space station (AS it believe it to be) to our attention as it reawakened my interest in this subject.

Some reference sites may be of there own agenda and belief but I am a firm believer that if the data has any validity no matter the source it may be taken into account and only when the jigsaw is complete can we really say what each piece mean's.

edit on 19-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A bit more research on this subject brought me to this page for possible artifact orbit's.
www.rfreitas.com...

You have formed an important thread here even if there are those whom are 1. not interested
2. wish to dissuade from study
3. simply do not see
So as long as you keep this thread open with your permission I will add anything else pertain to any potential investigation by more experienced or more qualified members and as this now shows in the Google search for anyone looking for Ancient space station in orbit, ancient city in orbit artifact that rotates around it's own axis, Vedic space station in orbit (Not saying it is but the channeled Vimanika Shastra does talk similar matters and from another quote I read in a fringe text I remember a description of a City that rotated around it's own axis in the center of the space which to me sound's like a large ring shaped space station in equatorial orbit or between the moon and earth).

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

From your link:

Our data therefore indicate that no ancient spacecraft -- or other object of reflectivity greater than lunar albedo -- having the size of Skylab or larger is parked at L4, L5, or in any of the predicted halo orbits in the Earth-Moon system.

You missed out option 4 in your list of thread participants:

4. Those who have examined all the possibilities and are more than satisfied that the object in the photograph is a lens flare or a flaw in the photograph, and that it absolutely is not a massive secret alien space station.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by onebigmonkey

Show us then give the camera is available at the NASA museum and images are available how the lens aperture corresponds to the structure of the reflection as you claim it to be, Why it is at two different angles Was the astronaut spinning around inside the tight confines of the capsule between shot's, why is one supposed reflection partially "IN SHADOW" and the other slightly less so, Gads strewth man, I've taken enough photographs to know what a reflection looks like from behind glass and it would not be so simple a form as more would have been visible, were the astronauts not in white suit's. and why are none of the instrument lights inside the capsule reflected, As for a lens 'flare' if that is what you mean, well that would require a strong light source or reflected light source and maybe the capsule may have been spinning but then the source of the reflection would not be appropriate to cause the light rebound we call a reflection.

On Balance I do not believe it to be a reflection, it is a rotating wreck, forgotten not secret, ancient not conspiratorial except if the got close enough to photograph the Black Knight Satellite then I for one can not see them missing out on this as a potential source of new technology which they may be sitting on even to this day.

There are many possibility's to those whom do not close there minds off.

There are some whom see UFO at the drop of a penny but then there are those whom think that the UFO phenomena may be paranormal in nature (AKA ghosts) and if they are ghosts then what are they ghosts of.
I for one do believe in ghost phenomena, as I do in UFO but am more reticent to ascribe them to alien's with one caveat if there was a civilization whom destroyed it to such an utter degree but that could have been mutual annihilation, massive natural catastrophe (I have no doubt there would be more left if that was the case), inter dimensional war or perhaps they simple left.

There was on case I read about many years ago were a Argentinian cowboy on the pampas was out searching for some steer that had gone wandering off and he witnessed something odd, in a hollow he came across a downed saucer similar to the SPORTS TYPE and there was a ramp from underneath lowered, he stood scared and looked before deciding to enter so overcoming his fear he entered, inside he found two floors and on the upper on two blonde blue eyed men whom were quite dead sitting at the controls in there chair's, He felt something and decided he had to get out of there and ran, As he looked back he saw two quite different saucer's fly over it and sweep a purple light across it, He only came back that way a good while after and were the saucer had been was only a pile of grey ash, some time later he came back again and the ash had vanished leaving a burned circle devoid of grass with three indentations were the legs had been.

There was another one were a man in the amazon tried to get into his home but remembered he had lost his key so instead climbed in through a side window. As he did a Saucer swept over him and he was struck by a purple ray, he was taken to hospital some time later and was literally falling apart though he was still alive as his jaw fell off and trying to communicate apparently not in pain.

There are actually many story's of Malign UFO's from south America.

Sorry but I am not as much of a skeptic but neither do I see shadow's.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

On Balance I do not believe it to be a reflection, ...

There are many possibility's to those whom do not close there minds off.
You should practice as you preach.

It seems to me like you are the one who has closed your mind off, by saying "I do not believe it to be a reflection".

A person did not close their mind off would consider that possibility.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I most certainly have considered it but the image does not correspond to the camera lens, though I must admit I am not certain about other sources of light within the capsule though I doubt very much they would have this form, Remember light can bounce around several times and we have seen cases of ceiling light's being mistaken for UFO on images or even deliberately used in hoaxes which always made me suspicious of the gulf breeze light's which look like reflections of Chinese Lanterns except for the bright light color.

To my this is genuine until I see concise proof otherwise, just as to you the reflection is genuine until you see concise proof otherwise but just to postulate if you have any belief that exotic recovered craft have been reverse engineered by the military as some do then is it now more likely they were ancient objects recovered or even unearthed, As you know a lot of data is tampered with before we see and sometimes the data escapes the censor such as this, then the denial and debunking service would kick in but once started it became due to public psychology a self debunking subject.

Predators catch there prey because they hunt, sheep and cattle follow the heard.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Imagination can run rampant, but let's take a look at the image again:

It's not illuminated by the Sun, like the Earth is. The illuminated side faces the wrong direction. It also appears kinda ghostly and out of focus, whereas I'd expect a large physical object far away, like a space station, to be in focus and better defined in the image.

This leads me to believe that it is not a physical object outside. And if it's not an image artifact, then it's a reflection of something inside the module, perhaps some part of the spacecuit or the camera itself.

I'm also thinking that if a large space station were positioned near Earth (within 1 or 2 LD), astronomers who search for asteroids would find it sooner or later. Some of the NEOs found by the amateurs are only a few meters across.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Now your argument I can not see any flaw in, I was letting my belief cloud my judgement thank you and I should have seen this a lot earlier.
Star for that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join