It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Taser 11-Year-Old Autistic Girl Found Wandering Naked on Highway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Why would they need to taser an 11 yr old nude child?....

Obviously she was carrying a concealed weapon.
OK, sorry about being flippant, the situation is too serious to be a joking matter. But we know that crazier reasons have been used before.

There is no mention of her being violent, so if as is reported, the officer was only trying to stop her from wandering into the road, then his method to accomplish that is what should be debated. Sounds a very extreme to me.

Altogether not a happy situation. Also a pity that the eye witness firstly assumed she was all drugged up. Society has made us so judgemental that those in real need often get painted with the same brush as those who create their own unhappy situations. But then again, they also get into those situations because of ????? Nothing is without a reason but we like to judge without knowing enough to be able to judge - and of course, that includes judging the actions of the officer.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aesopsfables
I wonder if cops are being injected with a vaccine that makes them stupid and brutal...or were they born like that?

Lots of cops are on roids. Many of the female cops try to be "one of the boys" and they are even more aggressive. Now, not all of them are like this. I worked with many great cops who I never saw do anything remotely abusive. It seems the academy now just wants thugs who let their badge go to their heads.

You might not believe this, but I can tell almost instantly if I have a thug or a peace officer on my hands. Their demeanor is just completely different. Assess your situation carefully. If you don't have an eyewitness or live video feed, I think it's best to play nice.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by pez1975

I think sometime ago I must have side slipped into an alternative reality and it seems to get worse.

yeah... i want the other reality back... I dont like this one....

not long ago just down the road someone had called the police saying that there was a possible case of domestic violence, police showed up and the man and the woman were both outside, but when the police came (he saw them both together apparently happy) they went inside their apartment (guess they didn't want to be out in the middle of something bad, they did not know why the police were driving up to the apartments)

the police never knocked on these peoples door to ask if there was a problem of any kind, they simply blocked off two city blocks and had 4 armored swat vehicles with full swat teams in full gear come in as well as 6 - 10 cop cars....

all for nothing, just taking down an innocent man...there was no problem...... yet this never even made the news! not a story... just life as usual...

they arrest and taser children now, now they taser children with special needs.... its all too crazy.... the other reality was much better...
edit on 13-8-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I have lost all respect for this nations law enforcement...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
would be on phone to my lawyer and a bondsman due my reaction to seeing police taser the girl .. the police would be in hospital .. no excuse for them to act in such barbaric manner .. hope they lose their jobs .. get sued for all they have and never work again .. meh they'll probably get a damn medal and promoted for such barbaric conduct ..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

These people (for want of a better word), obviously do not have their own children.

And if they do ... are the kiddies aware of Mommy and Daddy being total jackbooted thugs ?

That will help future generations just suck it up and do nothing !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Really guys, lets be honest.

Most of these cops are good guys.

Only the dip#s make the news.

But when those dip#s make the news, they make it in a spectacular way :C

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

"When good men do nothing" etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this some more,and I wonder-as the "old guard" of the police force are slowly but surely leaving the force due to reaching the age of pension,due to injury/illness etc.. The new generation of cops are entering the force-of course made up from American young adults(I don't think many enlist for the 1st time at age 35-40 eg)

Could this be the consequence you are now starting to see-the chickens coming home to roost-of Roe vs Wade(no respect for the sanctity of life,ESPECIALLY and SPECIFICALLY the lives of the defenceless?

Or because of the lack of discipline in American homes and schools,as with all the PC-correct bullcrap of recent years teachers who care have both hands tied behind their backs? And because parents are too busy to teach proper values,because both work-either because they have to-or want to,because of rampant materialism and greed for ever more gadgets and money+possessions?

And its not just in America-in my own country,where the above factors are in play:

Lack of regard for life,lack of innate desire to protect the vulnerable+defenceless

Lack of discipline

Lack of time+care for proper values+basic decency to be taught

Where these are present,common sense,selfcontrol,decency and a good,well functioning way of life for a community and country soon becomes absent.The rot sets in.And it only gets worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Age and sex is irrelevant. This was an unarmed naked person.

It is highly embarrassing to all Police a tazer needed to be used.

Maybe the female officer was too fat to chase down a physically fit ( as the father stated ) child. Maybe the officer was worried about having a heart attack. So used the tazer as a primary form of self defense.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

You are more correct then you know, I was a law enforcement instructor for many years and the disturbing trend is that the younger officers don't seem to give a crap about anything except playing with their phones before class, during class, and any break in between.

I had to ban phones from the training area on more than one occasion, making me the "mean one" of the instructor cadre. Heh, so be it.

Guess we can't learn about silly old law enforcement procedures today, nooooo the internet is way more interesting anyway. Who wants to know why and when we taser, what the rules of engagement are, and how it all fits into the use of force? Nobody....because evidently the latest app is more important.

And yet departments all over routinely pass sub par cadets, because hey we need the warm bodies out on the streets, then add insult to injury by cutting training hours when ever a budget cut is looming.

Its very frustrating. Its not every Officer on the street, thank god, but enough screw ups drive down the reputations and careers of those of us that do actually care.

my two cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I am absolutely appalled at the treatment of this young girl - When did we stop being human for Gods Sake?

I just finished watching this video of an interview with an X KGB Agent who states he knows exactly what big Os plan is for the US - then watched your video about this poor girl and it all fit together with what this KGB guy is saying.

I really think we can expect more and worse! (I do hope I'm not wrong by posting this here but I do believe it demonstrates clearly where we are headed and what kind of treatment is to be meeted out to the citizens of the US)

This is really scary - be aware their are some horrific scenes!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Instructoralpha

The thing of it is InstructorAlpha...I do not care any longer whether there are good cops out there...It has gone beyond the point of no return...ALL COPS SUCK!!!! And gee thanks for teaching them....you must be proud ALPHAINSTUCTOR

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Watching your vid. now ... not sure of the 'loony tunes' lead in though ?

Does this waffler have cred ? ...
edit on 13-8-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You have every right to your opinion...i respect it although i do not agree.

It is extremely frustrating at times, but you can never truly teach one who does not want to learn. And yes i am proud, because I know that in teaching human beings the number will never be 100% success. So i take pride in the fact that for every one screw up there are far more who take the job seriously.

Obviously, not in your neck of the woods but I'm not here to take responsibility for the policies of every police agency.....that would be ridiculous.

It seems like maybe you were implying that because i am an instructor i am somehow responsible for the decisions a human being makes on the street.

I can teach anybody the "right" way to do something, but when they are out there they are on their own, free to make decisions just like anybody else, hopefully they remember their training. Most, do. Some, don't.

Just like anybody who calls themselves a human, sometimes you do it right, sometimes you screw up.

Also, you are free to hate every cop you see, you just have to obey the law like everybody else
edit on 13-8-2013 by Instructoralpha because: forgot

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by quedup

Watching your vid. now ... not sure of the 'loony tunes' lead in though ?

Does this waffler have cred ? ...
edit on 13-8-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

I really don't know sorry - but after the stupid intro - it sounded legit to me????? Either way, who ever he is - he is stating what is really going on and we can all see it - No?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Out of curiosity how often is a cop failed from your instruction and not allowed to be a cop?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

While I can't speak for other members or their opinions... I can address one reservation that I have and that I think others might have as well... the concept of fraternity that is sometimes referred to, specific to law enforcement, as "The Blue Code" or the veil of silence... the concept of good cops overlooking the bad cops for the sake of solidarity.

In my personal life I have been good friends with several police officers, even spending a year in the nineties as a roommate of one and I am very familiar with the culture as it existed at that time. My roommate was sexually active with underage females and did drugs, often joking about never having to pay for them - because he had an endless free supply. These were not the defining characteristics of who he was ( presumably still is ) but they did stand out. He and I had several arguments over the fact that he was a 26 year old cop bringing a 15 year old girl into our house to spend the night. After all, I lived there too and worried I might end up charged with a crime. When I expressed these worries he laughed and said that half of his buddies were dating her too and that nothing would come of it.

My point is that many people are aware that things like this happen and that this "above the law" mindset is not uncommon. The violence now becoming worse that large numbers of police are rapidly repurposed combat veterans.

Is there currently still a "Blue Code" culture? Or are the good cops sick enough of the bad ones at this point to want to clean their own house?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Academies always vary in size, so I'm using rough numbers here, say 25 to 30 out of 100 will be dropped, the line of work isn't for everyone. Bullies, power trippers, and gun nuts usually don't last long on their own accord, once they see its work, and you don't just get handed a badge. They tend to lose interest.

Those that do end up in the ranks still don't last that long, because hey its hard work. Cops are liable for just about everything they do nowadays, and yeah sooner or later they just quit, or screw up, or get sued or find a different line of work.

So out of that 100, 30 fail the academy, say another 20 over the first five years quit or get canned, say another 10 the next five years, and so on and so forth

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I can only speak to experience in departments i worked for:

Maybe i was just lucky because i didn't see that type of behavior, Yes there are clique elements in any police force. Yes, cops do watch out for each other.

Most cops see individuals like the one you mentioned as a threat to their lively hoods.....how many jobs are left that offer a decent pension and benefits package....not many.

Your an officer with ten years in....halfway there....you gonna stand for that crap? I'm not. A guy might not turn in his fellow officer right away but pressure can be placed in other ways.

His friends may actually stand by him, join him, whatever...but the rank and file probably avoid him like the plague...because eventually his ship will sink...and he'll take down anybody he can to try to save himself.

In the end, dirty cops are always trying to blame somebody else,
and other cops know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join