It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple question about 911

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am curious as too who else may have felt the way I did on the day of the 911 attack.

I was first aware of the attack about 10 minutes after the first tower was hit because of a phone call from a friend informing me of it. So, needless to say I was watching the tv and news that day pretty much from the start of it.

Now my question is, why, would a pretty well educated person like myself, that as of that point hadnt really discovered sites like ATS, have one of my first thoughts about it be, "What have we done now?"

While watching the news, I was also in a chat room watching and discussing the news as it broke with others and I mentioned then right from the beginning that I thought we were behind it. Of course people asked why and if I recall correctly, my thoughts pretty much ran along the lines of,

" We are one of the only countries that have the intelligence, the means, and the money to pull it off."

Why would these be my first thoughts? Ok, maybe not my exact first thought, but it did start running in my mind probably 20 minutes into watching the horror of it all. Why was this my first gut feeling?

So, like I asked in the beginning, was anyone else having those first thoughts themselves long before it grew into the conspiracy rabbit hole it has become now?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A simple question about 9/11 would be what date did this occur?

Why you felt a certain way when watching the broadcast shouldn't be in this forum unless your one of the conspirators coming to blow your whistle that you knew.

This question of yours is general chit chat or grey area to tell your story and experience and ask opinions from readers.

Now my question is, why, would a pretty well educated person like myself, that as of that point hadnt really discovered sites like ATS, have one of my first thoughts about it be, "What have we done now?"

If a pretty well educated person such as yourself cannot work out your purpose and the reason you think the way you do what makes you think anyone else in the world can?

edit on 12-8-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't trust the government as far as I could punch em in the face.
During the prohibition many well to do government employees were
receiving booze at the friggin capitol fro christs sake. They lie, cheat,
steal and declare wars like I take dumps in the morning and evening.
Clockwork.

Until the current system is dismantled and reworked out I don't even really consider myself
American. I'm just a who guy who doesn't give a #ake mushroom
about the workings of politics. I have a crappy cell phone, no TV,
no social media accounts (except this), no apps for that, I grow my own vegetables,
by regularly from farmers markets for everything else. Never been in a walmart.
I haven't eaten Mac Donalds since I was 8, I avoid GMO's at all costs. I don't read
newspapers, don't own a car, no drivers license and most importantly no debt.

Never been happier.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I suppose I did have a lot of "Whys," but my real question was:

So, like I asked in the beginning, was anyone else having those first thoughts themselves long before it grew into the conspiracy rabbit hole it has become now?

As to another of your comments on just where this thread should actually reside, I have faith in the Mods, that they shall place it where it belongs if I was incorrect.

Thank you for your input though

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
1) Your soul wouldn't be deceived in such a manner.
2) The US are pretty obvious when it comes to their 'covert' operations these days.
edit on 12-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For me, it was the media, particularly Tucker Carlson's extreme defense of the official story, that made me think it could be a conspiracy. I suppose, if the media was extremely diabolically genius, they could defend the official story, knowing people distrust them, which would make people accept the conspiracy theory. In that case, Tucker is the greatest 9/11 truther ever! But I doubt that, and at the time hardly anyone doubted the media.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I am curious as too who else may have felt the way I did on the day of the 911 attack.

I was first aware of the attack about 10 minutes after the first tower was hit because of a phone call from a friend informing me of it. So, needless to say I was watching the tv and news that day pretty much from the start of it.

While watching the news, I was also in a chat room watching and discussing the news as it broke with others and I mentioned then right from the beginning that I thought we were behind it. Of course people asked why and if I recall correctly, my thoughts pretty much ran along the lines of,

" We are one of the only countries that have the intelligence, the means, and the money to pull it off."

Why would these be my first thoughts? Ok, maybe not my exact first thought, but it did start running in my mind probably 20 minutes into watching the horror of it all. Why was this my first gut feeling?

Why was the US your first thought as culprit ? The US has no particular history of plane hi-jacking but others notoriously do :-

www.youtube.com...

Sounds to me that you must have been very anti the US administration.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I felt the same thing. I knew when NORAD failed multiple times it was an inside job somehow. Then when I saw both towers collapse any doubt whatsoever left my mind.
When the news accounts kept changing during the day and certain interviews were never seen again I also knew the media was playing a central role.
Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind one iota.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

The US has no particular history of plane hi-jacking

You forgot to put "that it will admit to". I think that's a reasonable condition to add to your claim. How many times have we believed the U.S. to be innocent or uninvolved, and then 15 years later, documentation is leaked or released that proves it was much more deeply involved than we had guessed?

The U.S. is not above inspiring terror to further its goals, I assure you. The needs of the many outweigh the rights of the few. There's also a little thing called 'projection', in which highly skilled and trained military and economic strategists compile a hypothetical scenario based on live data, by which they predict outcomes of particular courses of action. When all possible courses inevitably lead to loss of life, what do they do?

They choose the lesser of two or more evils. And they have the tools to remain legally innocent of the act.
edit on 12-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I kept an open mind until the official story came out. It was so contrived and full of obvious lies and distortions that I then knew a vast conspiracy had taken place and Americans had been sacrificed.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I felt the same thing. I knew when NORAD failed multiple times it was an inside job somehow. Then when I saw both towers collapse any doubt whatsoever left my mind.
When the news accounts kept changing during the day and certain interviews were never seen again I also knew the media was playing a central role.
Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind one iota.

Are you seriously claiming that the msm had a "central role " in mass murder but we haven't heard a squeak from anyone in 12 years ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Sounds to me that you must have been very anti the US administration.

Actually at that point and time in my life I didnt really give a hoot one way or the other about the government and what they did or didnt do.I had my own life and problems to live. I think the Kennedy assassinations were the only things I gave any real thought too about things not being what they seem.

And Yes, Asktheanimals, I concur 100% thank you for letting me know someone else felt the same way. Also, you know whats funny? People didnt think I was a nutter for thinking that nearly as much then or that day as some do now. How odd...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My first thought was this is not real , it was like a simulation, a video game , maybe that is it

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Are you seriously claiming that the msm had a "central role " in mass murder but we haven't heard a squeak from anyone in 12 years ?

Maybe , who knows ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I watched the towers fall at work, and my first thought in my head was.

"Why are they falling like that"

Mostly because I knew that even controlled demo's go bad, look up building demolition failures on you tube now to see.

So trained engineers can mess up a controlled free fall... WHO knew all you needed was a ton of jet fuel on fire...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's all just to much.

I mean on 9/11? Really? Who do you call in an emergency? Duh, 9-11.

Everything in the official story is just...I feel insulted reading it. It was such an over-the-top attack by supposed terrorists.

Saudi Arabia wanted the USA to come and put up permanent bases in the middle east to keep the Saudi royal family in power. Threats from Iraq and other neighboring countries could eventually spell the end of their reign. It's part of our deal with them. They help keep the US dollar as the world reserve via buying/selling oil in USD, and America in return keeps them in power.

It's really not that complicated when you step back and take a look at the much, much larger picture.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
1) The US/UK has played a significant part in placing people and organizations in charge of countries across the world, but in particular the Middle East (i.e., Saddam Hussein, The Shah of Iran, the Taliban, et.al.) in order to capitalize and protect massive financial interests (i.e., oil, arms, and drugs)
2) The US/UK foster a culture of warfare amongst these tribal societies in order to conduct the business under the cover of warfare. Drugs and oil are shipped under the protection of warships.
3) Nobody in the history of the world has had a better track record of setting up puppet leaders and then knocking them down when the short term objectives have been achieved than the Bush family.

We screwed Saddam Hussein out of oil field profits for fighting the war against Iran.

There is no doubt the roots of Al Qaeda and the Taliban can be found in the Mujaheddin, whom we supported in the war with the USSR in the late 70's and early 80's. The US/UK were responsible for funding/arming/training these people.

If the official story of what went down on 9/11/01 is correct, then there should be no doubt the US/UK governments were involved. It is as clear as the nose on an ugly face.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Let me tell you why op

And yo might not like the answer to this

But....

The reason you felt on 9/11 that America was behind the attacks was the result on arrogance. You like so many of your fellow countrymen thought America was invincible and could not possibly be hit. Ans when America was hit this delusion was shattered and you explained this by thinking the only ones tough enough to hit America that hard was rouge elements of America itself, and not a bunch of Arab guys from the other side of the globe.

And that is also how the seeds of "9/11 truth" were sown because a lot of people's could not face up to the truth that the mighty U.S of A could get hit so hard and so easily.
edit on 12-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Please don't post a known hoax and then say "maybe". "September Clues" has been debunked and proven a hoax. Those discussions were also moved to the HOAX bin on this and most other websites.

As far as the OP, the buildings collapsing didn't look quite right to me. And there were many-a-discussion in chat rooms and boards around the world on that very day, that the only way those buildings could've fallen was due to well-placed explosives.

Snippets of those discussions were posted here years ago, now gone and buried.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You had these thoughts because you are a negative person toward your own country and probably life in general?

Just a thought - because you asked - and it's as real and valid as what you ask by the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join