It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We At War in Yemen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
And let me also add That the reason Drone attacks are so high, Is because drones are the weapon of choice right now. The biggest industry going as far as strategic weapons go. Being used all over the world with many different applications. But Yemen is old news. We have been there for quite some time and we also never used to hear about secret wars in countries fought not against governments, but factions within that need to be dealt with. Big buisness war is.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Yeah no worries. I think the premise for this discussion is to ask why we are there, while also pondering why all the "official" reasons of "terrorism" were used as the reason. The article mentions the recent NSA leaks as one possible reason for the recent escalations, but then raises a deeper question of how are we supposed to believe our government when on one hand they tell us "Al Qaeda" is bad in one instance (Yemen), then props it up in another. (Syria)

I think the government is contradicting itself in terms of "motive" and people need to understand that first and foremost because it's very real.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

That's reasonable to assume, sounds logical if we assume what the govt is doing here is textbook "terrorist" hunting. To be honest, I agree that this isn't exactly new but the article states:

It is the largest US escalation of attacks on Yemen in more than a decade.

This is in the last couple weeks. Which is an escalation that is totally current.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The government can't be truthful. It would hurt them more than help them in the eyes of the people. Necessary evils have to be played out in the interest of our own securities. The fact is, The middle east has many extremist and I am here to tell you, We do not need them becoming more powerful than us on any front. Have some faith in your government and take the bad with the good. I am not saying they are perfect, No government is. But as A united states citizen, I must support government But not all their ideas.

Bottom line, We will all die one day anyways. So if someone is so upset about what is going on in the world and how it is being dealt with, Then get up and fight for your beliefs and don't worry about dying for the cause. Or you can live as a civilian, and let the government do there job.

Two choices, civil war or civil obedience. Many layers of government and making changes to different layers also changes the remaining layers. Does that make sense to you?
edit on 13-8-2013 by russ1969 because: Correcting spelling.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Have some faith in your government and take the bad with the good

I'm sorry, but I cannot blindly trust my government especially when they make these decisions without congressional approval! Hell, I can't barely even trust congress since last I checked, their approval rating was somewhere around 17%! That means 83% of the population does not approve of even congress since they are bribed so often by lobbyists! And if we can't trust congress, who we elect to make these decisions, how in the HELL can we trust the POTUS who goes against the constitution and goes to war without congressional approval anyway? Just how many people do you think are actually behind all this? This isn't some nutter conspiracy, this is how things are ran. Keep the public in the dark with this type of system and all we have is tyranny.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The " Terrorist" Are just the latest boogie man for the united states. We always have a boogie man. And events the likes of 9/11, Where planned for many years in concept and on paper. but only took a few short years to play out. Short years relative to the last 50 or so.

What makes it such a tangled weave is the fact that there are other agenda's we will never know until years from now. But this is how it always goes. Same game different decade.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Point being, there is more evidence to suggest that these drone attacks and other activities are brought to us by special financial interests then there are the interests of "national security". The government is too busy contradicting itself for me to buy that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by Wookiep

The " Terrorist" Are just the latest boogie man for the united states. We always have a boogie man. And events the likes of 9/11, Where planned for many years in concept and on paper. but only took a few short years to play out. Short years relative to the last 50 or so.

What makes it such a tangled weave is the fact that there are other agenda's we will never know until years from now. But this is how it always goes. Same game different decade.

Ok, I can't disagree with that. So if we KNOW this, then why on God's green earth would we blindly trust what the government is doing? We know they aren't looking out for anything other than special interests that have nothing to do with national security or "terrorism", so why should we support that?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well, I wont ask how old you are. But I can tell you, live a few decades and you will see the pattern. And don't worry. change always comes. A whole other subject would be technology is advancing so fast that people are to. And now we see much more than we did before. So what seems new is really just the same ole in a different package.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by Wookiep

Ok, I can't disagree with that. So if we KNOW this, then why on God's green earth would we blindly trust what the government is doing? We know they aren't looking out for anything other than special interests that have nothing to do with national security or "terrorism", so why should we support that?

We don't support that. But when people say government, They make it sound like it is just one entity. It is not. it is layers that make up a whole.We must make the many small changes to see the big picture.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I'm in my mid 30s but I'll take your word for it. There was a dramatic shift after 9/11 and things are no-where near what they were in the 80's. With that said, I guess I'm confused why you would have blind faith in your government after all this.

Edit: There are not many elements to our government we can trust anymore unlike the 80's when congress actually tried to get things done. Now they are all bribed. Who in government isn't sold out these days? If you want my opinion, we no longer have a government, they are all puppets of big banks and corporations.(Edit, can't forget the FED!) "We the people" have all but dissipated from the equation.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I'm in my mid 30s but I'll take your word for it. There was a dramatic shift after 9/11 and things are no-where near what they were in the 80's. With that said, I guess I'm confused why you would have blind faith in your government after all this.

Edit: There are not many elements to our government we can trust anymore unless the 80's congress actually tried to get things done. Now they are all bribed. Who in government isn't sold out these days? If you want my opinion, we no longer have a government, they are all puppets of big banks and corporations.

It is not blind faith. I am a working man and most things the government does, Wont affect my daily life. And most of what they do I couldn't do anything about it anyways. I can boycott gas, but traveling would be tough. I could go online and raise hell about things i don't like about my government. But then I would run the risk at saying the wrong thing and catching hell over it. Not my idea of a fun day.

I guess my point is, The older i get the less i care. You can read my old post's and see how i have changed over the last 5 years. I hadn't posted for a few years. I am back now to try and calm people and make them see the reality of some things. I don't know it all but i can give great insight. And i still can learn from others on here.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Well, I can respect that and I appreciate the discussion. After witnessing the 2012 elections and the complete corruption in the media, super pacs etc that went toward ousting the man I wanted elected (Ron Paul, author of article in the OP) I think I may have lost a few years of my life. I had never been so passionate about politics up until that point in my life
So I get it, and thanks. I guess I am trying to not be apathetic as much as possible because I know it's the main thing that will allow this nation to really go to hell unlike what we've ever seen. What we need is revolution of SOME type. I hope it happens in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I suppose we should discuss Yemen.
We must give the O.P some Yemen time. After all. this is his thread.

There is another side to this. The fact that many religious artifacts and secrets are in Yemen and Iran, etc..
So it may be possible that there are items that hold great importance and maybe some sort of power. Hey, this is A.T.S and many angles could be viewed. I just remembered a thread from 2010 talking about the ark of the covenant being in Yemen. Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

See, many angles to look at.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Oh this angle I personally find very fascinating! Indeed there are many. Yes, this IS ATS so no holds barred. Thanks for sharing because it's not an angle I had yet explored, but I will now.. I will be busy for a while now just out of sheer curiosity at the least.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Think about this for a moment...There are young children, teenagers let's say, who are witnessing these acts. How do you think they are going to view America and American's when they get older? Are they justified in their beliefs? Some would say no, others yes. I cannot tell you the reason there are terrorist groups out there who hate the US, but out of all of them, couldn't there possibly be some that are justified in their hatred? Well personally I don't think it would be "justified" hatred, but it is understandable at least.

Does anyone think the US would be carrying out attacks like this if the Yemeni military was a threat to be reckoned with? Would they carry out such attacks on Russian soil? On Chinese soil? I highly doubt it. This tells us one major thing...It is NOT that they believe their actions are justified. If this were the case, they would be willing to carry out such attacks ANYWHERE their targets were located, because they have "right" on their side. I know this point can be logically argued against, but at the very least it is something to think about.

The truth still remains that the US wouldn't do this in one of these other countries. And how come the MSM has not been talking about these strikes? Is this not BIG news? Maybe some people have gotten used to the idea of the US using military hardware to attack individuals in other countries, but it is still sickening. And what is even more sickening is that by US law this is entirely legal. THAT is a huge problem. Why are we all not in an uproar over these things? No one should be allowed to be executed without a trial, ever. At least not while we have a US Constitution that tells us what basic human rights and freedoms are. It is sad that we need such a piece of paper in the first place.

That is why the government is slowly taking away the words from that document. That way they can do whatever they want. They already do, but they have to go to certain lengths to keep it under wraps, among other things. They would love to be able to do anything to anybody, more-so than they already do. That is the truth. If you don't believe it, just look around you. And if you live in some type of bubble, just look to the media. This world, and especially this country, deserves whatever it gets. Not necessarily because we believe in what the government is doing, but because we have stood by and allowed it to happen.

The government of the US derives its powers from the consent of the governed, which is us, we the people. If the people, in unison, attempted to stand up for their rights and freedoms, the government would either be forced to back down, or would be forced to take drastic action. We the people would not only have right on our side, but we would have the law as well, if we, in unison, attempted to re-establish our government. Legally I don't see why we couldn't dismiss every single politician who has voted against Constitutional rights in some capacity, and fill their places with LAW-ABIDING politicians. Would we not have the law on our side?

Yet wouldn't those in power attempt to call us terrorists? Of course they would. In fact, they have done this in the recent past in a variety of circumstances. They give these labels in an attempt to ostracize those who are attempting to tell the truth. Just look at their policy towards whistleblowers. It is the same thing. Bradley Manning, for one, showed us some of the many illegal and Unconstitutional things the government was doing, yet he is still in prison. Why is he in prison when those who perpetrated these crimes roam free, and not only that, but are rich to boot? This country needs to change, and it needs to change now. Because if it keeps going like this, things will only get worse. Much worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

We have a heightened security threat from "terrorists" yet we are backing Al-Qaeda in Syria. These times could not be more confusing. Does anyone else have any idea what the hell is going on?

Link
edit on 12-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

What is so confusing about the elite governments playing the masses like a fiddle; setting up the orchastration for World War 3, while they run away and laugh in underground bases?

That isnt too confusing at all. At least to someone who can see patterns and doesnt hold belief that their nation 'leaders', or, controllers I should say, are doing what is best for their nation and others.

edit on 13-8-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Well, the problem is, it's not so black and white. There are some truths and half truths going on IMO, the problem is sifting through the BS. On top of that, the majority of U.S. citizens don't think the way you do. You're just a loon as far as the majorities opinion is concerned. I'm a loon too cause I don't listen to much of what our media has to say. Having very little info not provided by our govt and media aside from trying to piece it all together ourselves make for very confusing times indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
reply to post by Wookiep

I meant no offense but it is true that we are cooperating with the government. It's not as though we are at war with Yemen.

I understand that Ron Paul would have you believe we are secretly attacking every country on the planet but it's just not true.
I wonder if Yemen is a puppet we have propped up? Really asking, I don't know. If they are, that would explain why they are "asking for help".

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by benrl
Because the US empire needs to expand.

They want to conquer the middle east, if that hasn't become abundantly clear, they used lies to start the campaign and I am sure the end will be no different.

empire?? we conquered japan, did we take over japan? no.......we conquered Germany, did we take over Germany? or any other european country no. we went into south korea and over 30,000 of our soldiers died, so that south korea could remain a free country, did we take that over?, no. we went into the Slavic nations to stop the massacres of Muslims and Christians and didn't take over the countries involved. we went into panama and ousted the dictator Noriega, did we take over that country? no.....with that said, have we been perfect? absolutely not...but we have not tried to expand our so called "empire"

Actually a empire doesnt need to have direct control over a country.

Just enforceing similiar foreign policlys and alliances counts are empire building in some way as its ensureing one countrys dominance.

Its not really nessarly a bad thing, though at the moments it being used in a bad way. But it is what it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join