It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy A Shower? Of Meoteor's That Is!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yes they seem to be zipping in from everywhere. Would be interested to hear if any other members are seeing anything from around the UK

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Oh I sure hope to see some....but it's supposed to rain tonight and I live in the 'poor' section of the map of the USA!!! Booooooo!!!! I saw a ton last year and it was so cool. We actually camped outside in our backyard and watched. Well...we set the tent up but no one slept in it
haha!

Hope you are seeing some nice ones

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I seen a few but last 15 mins seems to have gone quiet, But it will start again, I was going to go up in the hills but i thought the bogeyman might get me!..Or i might get him, Well one of them
...Hope ya see a few
......Edit.....And there is no poor section if you live in the country

edit on 12-8-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Woo hoo...

Clear skies here tonight !

I haven't been able to watch any meteor showers for the past few years due to cloud cover every bloody time.

Looking forward to sitting out back on the deck with a hot cup of Irish coffee and a warm blankey and watching the sky show. I hope there's a ton of them zipping by !

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
gonna get the scope out on the balcony and see if i can catch any through it, there is a littlle bit of a hazy atmosphere but as London skye's go it's pretty clear, should be good! usually cloudy whenever this happens,will report any strange goings on.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That sounds like a good plan to me
...Mmmm irish coffee, I knew there was something missing!!!

reply to post by highjinxhostage

Sound good to. Hope you see loads, And keep reporting i will

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's about 50/50 cloud cover up here at the moment.

I just went outside for about 5 minutes for a gander. unfortunately I didn't see anything.

I might go out again in a short while, although I don't want to get arrested for lurking

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Haha i was thinking the same. The girl at the back of my house, I can see her tv flickering...Hehe
...Ermmm anyway, Its just had a shower here, I keep having to wait for gaps in the cloud, Hopefully it will brighten up!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's cloudy here so I won't be able to see anything again.
No better way to celebrate your birthday than to go out and watch a meteor shower.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

you be careful there doc dont want to get known for being the neighbourhood perv now do you?

not managed to see any through the scope yet, speedy little rocks that they are. would be cool to be on a plane tonight though.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well Happy birthday buster. Hope you have a good day. Its clear now here but not much happening at the moment

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Lol its ok. Im hid behind my shed...What!!! That sounds even worse, I am a creepy lurker, Its official

Edit...There's some real decent ones flying in now again
edit on 12-8-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by buster2010

Well Happy birthday buster. Hope you have a good day. Its clear now here but not much happening at the moment

Well thank you. But after getting a sprained ankle and my finger trapped in the car door I'm starting to hate birthdays.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow just seen a huge one, 1255am easily lasted 4 or 5 seconds, Big white ball head and streaking tail, Ever so bright

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Went out into the back garden just before midnight for around half an hour or so. Only really saw about 3, all of which were fairly quick and sudden. I saw a few clouds coming in and It was getting quite chilly so I just came in afterwards.

Fairly uneventful all in all, for me at least. Guess I'll look forward to the next one.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The sky is incredible here now, all the stars are shining bright. But the action has stopped I would say I'm in double figures over a 3 hour period. The last one I saw was pretty amazing though. Now I have to use my phone because my internets gone down lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I got to admit its not exactly been the "fireworks in the sky" event that was being hyped on the tv earlier, which is a shame because it is definitely clear enough.
on a side note it is quite a chilly night out there tonight, would'nt have minded the humidity of last week tonight.
think i'll come in and have a coffee and go back out in half an hour or so

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yea I know, The tv always make it out to be better than it is. I got shorts and a t shirt on and yes it's definitely a bit chilly now

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

West coast US, not even dark here yet. Will be out tonight.
Meteor "showers" are not like raindrops. The show I saw said 80 to 100 per hour. Thats little more than one a minute.

Supposedly were in the "good zone".

Wanna see fireballs...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Now there's one place I would like to watch the show...... Looks like you will be getting a stiff neck tonight

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join