It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy A Shower? Of Meoteor's That Is!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So monday night/ Early tuesday morning in the UK is expected to be good viewing for the perseid meteor shower. More HERE

And the big bonus is that the skies are meant to be clear tonight, So viewing will be good. Ain't that right Dave
....So i will be out tonight in the back garden in my warm coat, And binoculers looking at natures free show. And just hope that the girl at the back house does not open her bedroom curtains!! Yikes!!!
Imagine how that would look. So who else will be tuning in to watch?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Done for work at 5, should be done with everything else I have to do for around 7 or 8 and that leaves me with just enough time to chill in the back garden, see day properly turn into night, and then hopefully I'll be gifted with a lovely sky show to see in my birthday.

Thanks for the heads up about this as well btw, I forgot this was happening. I'll be sure to watch out for it tonight, no doubt. I really love this kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well early happy birthday btw, And i hope the show is good where you are. It should be good up here as long as the weather men have got the forecast right!!!. And you know what they are like

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Does anybody know if the meoteor's will be visible from the southern hemisphere?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Well i found this snippet off a space website

The Perseids are primarily visible in the northern hemisphere due to the path of Swift-Tuttle's orbit. Meteor enthusiasts in the southern hemisphere will have the chance to observe the shower, although it will not be as vivid.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I seen the picture of David Cameron and instantly thought "Meteor Tax" or that it was heading straight for his house, but I could only dream for the latter to happen.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be having my bed time woogie at about 10-11 so i'll be watching that for sure

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yea i woulden't put it past him to try and tax meteors lol...Yea i only heard about it this morning, So i will be prepared, Well kind of !

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I was watching last night, blessed with completely clear skies at sunset, watched for an hour or two then got bored and went to bed lol Great way to end my vacation though, was rather nature oriented and this fit right in. i only wish I was on Grand Manan island to see it tonight

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We have clouds...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Hey that sounded good, Hope you got to see a few

reply to post by abeverage

....Yes its cloudy here at the moment, Mind you its only 4.30pm there's time for the clouds to shift yet. And if they don't i will just throw insults at the tv weather men!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thanks Doc I'd forgotten about this

As this is my first night without scotch in 23 years there's a good chance I'll be up to see it

Cody

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sitting out the meteor shower this year Doc.
It's too beautiful and romantic to watch alone.
Ah well, better luck next time I guess!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It sure is to beautiful to watch alone. Unfortunately i will be to. So maybe we could be lonely meteor watchers together!!!..You watch your end and il watch mine

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Okay....get the equipment ready Doc. We should record this for posterity methinks.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this...as I was thinking about doing just that...but kept putting it off....here's a US map for tonight.....if anyone is lucky enough to have clear skies.

Saw a few last year...it was quite impressive.

www.accuweather.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That's a good map, I like it. Well i just went out, Its starting to go dark here now, And there's a fair bit of cloud hanging around grrrrrrrrr. Hopefully its on its way to scotland!!!!! (Only joking of course:lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ironically the skies have cleared somewhat here

Sent it all up north

Cody

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh you have changed since you quit drinking!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Update, Im outside its cloudy in parts, And theres a good show on now, Just seen 3 in the last few minuites from all directions woooooooooo. We are so inferior in this universe

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

so. doesn't matter, north, south, east or west in your sky

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join