It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco and the Health Fascists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I wonder if advanced aliens smoke ?

Depends, if you use petrol or methylated spirits. Metho is cleaner, whereas petrol smokes more.

So if you use petrol they'll likely smoke more.. And if you then cover them in saw dust, they will smolder. Loads of smoke. But why would you want to do this to a poor advanced alien, who has obviously come such a long way to visit us earthlings?

Ohhhh go on, it's a thread about a guy having a sook about ciggies and saying they're healthy.. or something I couldn't follow the gist of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
reply to post by thedeadtruth

So you end up not getting any respect back. Like I said your attitude causes more problems than it will ever solve.
Who are you or any other non smoker that I need you permission to smoke?
Grow up mate.

This is why I get into arguments where security is needed to keep the peace.

you smoke near me while I'm eating and you're going to have to buy more smokes...

lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
they also fail to mention that native americans used tobacco as a medicine to cure some illnesses in addition to ceremonial use.

find it amusing alot of us japanese smoke heavily and we outlive nearly everyone on the planet ..
*fires up cigarette wanders off *

You also eat nuclear waste for breakfast, you guys are seriously godzilla...

Smoke inhalation, of any sort, is not healthy. What ever chemical is introduced into your body, is not the point. You're inhaling particles into your lungs that are not supposed to be in there. Now you can argue till you're blue in the face that it gives you a larger penis and your brain farts banana scented gas from smoking, you're only making yourself sound crazy.

It's absolutely your choice, I'm all for that. Hell, I have done far more damage to my own self and I still rally for freedom of choice. But I'm not deluding myself that "smoking cures cancer" and utter drivel like this...

edit on 12-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Seeing that you have such strong opinions on my manners I would suggest that you look in the mirror & stop trying to tell other what they can or can not do.
Like I said to you twice before who are you?
Just some self opinionated selfish individual that wants to impose upon others.
What I do is my choice & if you don't like move away. I will not change what I do because you don't like it.
Accept the fact that we all contribute to the problems we have created.
My smoking wont cause you harm. You driving your vehicle will cause me harm.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm a former smoker quit because the price got to high, no other reason. I don't have a problem with someone else smoking around me, what's more is that smelling someone else smoking doesn't make me miss it, nor does it offend me. There are far more serious issues to deal with in life, and for you judgemental non smokers who think you have the right to tell other people not to smoke around you,Get over yourselves

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

what exactly are the benefits of smoking? Please clear that up for me, being a smoker who is in the midst of quitting, again, I'd really like to see your list of benefits.

If it's merely an expression of your rights, I'm with you. I believe you have every right to stuff whatever you want into your body, as long as it doesn't impact me.

Smoking does, second hand smoke, while being demonized well beyond it's capabilities, is bad, very very bad, and you don't have the right to shave days of my life to express your freedom.

And maybe I'm going to different doctors.... Cause every doctor I've gone to has shamed me for any medical conditions within my control. When I was overweight, I was told to get it under control, you don't have to be 500 pounds to end up with diabetes. A slight change in activity and diet can have a huge impact on your health.

Just like smoking can have a huge detrimental impact on your life.

Don't get me wrong, I was the first to complain when they passed the no smoking bi-laws making all bars smoke free. I still think it should be up to the bar owner. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend they are making tobacco seem worse than it is.

The very companies producing and selling the garbage have known, since the 50s, how dangerous it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

There are far more serious issues to deal with in life, and for you judgemental non smokers who think you have the right to tell other people not to smoke around you,Get over yourselves

Then you'd have no problem with me sitting beside you while you eat pumping carbon monoxide into your face? Of course you would.

And, before you have a hissy fit, I'm a smoker, I'm trying to quit. but I sure as hell am not going to pretend the stuff is healthy. Only an idiot would do that.
edit on 12-8-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

My smoking wont cause you harm. You driving your vehicle will cause me harm.

If the carcinogens you put into the air do no harm, then your friends car will be doing no harm either.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'll never be that douche who would walk up and say "cough cough... do you mind?" But I'm sure as hell in full support of non smoking in public enclosed areas.

Who are they to tell you what to do? Who the hell are you to demand the right to poison them?
edit on 12-8-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's not the tobacco itself that's soo bad for us, it's the additives in the tobacco. There are a few good threads on here that discuss it. One of them throws up a linky that states "80% of lung cancer victims are non-smokers".

I grow my own tobacco and I'm transitioning to smokeless. This way I know exactly what is going in my body. All organic.

ETA: Here's the old search engine for ATS. ask.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-8-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
they also fail to mention that native americans used tobacco as a medicine to cure some illnesses in addition to ceremonial use.

find it amusing alot of us japanese smoke heavily and we outlive nearly everyone on the planet ..
*fires up cigarette wanders off *

Very interesting observation.
Is there something in the Japanese culture or diet, that could be correlated with some sort of
offset- yin & yang type thing ?

To a previous poster, who was all about his or her right to smoke where and when they liked ...

Reformed smoker here - 12 yrs. Can not even stand the smell now !

Yet, to each their own. But please, do not impose your exhaust on me.

You have a right to smoke. ( I do understand as a previous smoker
.. lol )

You do not however; have a right to impose yourself on others rights to clean air.

Also a lobby for cigarette taxes to be ploughed back into healthcare - would be a backhanded positive.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Timely because: context

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

We've had such non-smoking bylaws passed here as well applying to bars, restaurants, cafes, public transport and some other places where people congregate in high density like transport hubs etc. Being a reformed smoker myself I find it refreshingly different when in those places or passing through on foot compared to how it used to be at peak times. Smokers do have areas within the city assigned for them and I can understand the feeling of being a social outcast but it's certainly an improvement. Smokers are entitled to the right to smoke but those who don't also have the right to not be subjected to it so segregation is the best answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Actually I don't have a problem with smoking in designated areas. I believe that smoking is harmful & expensive but I wont accept that smoking is the only thing that harms the air that we breathe.
To blame a smoker for other peoples health problems is unfair as the factors that caused that person's (whoever it may be) health issues need to be considered.
I don't know of any place (in the UK) where we are allowed to smoke amongst non smokers except the streets maybe & that's where the vehicle pollution is.
Concessions have been made for non smokers & I am happy to respect that.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm afraid I think my rights not to be poisoned by your deadly smoke mixture of carcinogens and chemicals trumps your right to kill yourself in public.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You Sir, are not a pathologist. But you may well be a pathological liar.

Smoker's lungs are suitable for transplant. Are you really going to try to convince us that doctors are transplanting black lungs into the pristine bodies of non-smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
When it comes to the second hand smoke issue touted by the 'smoking is killing everybody crowd',
check out this article:

Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger

".....Propaganda Trumps Science

The 1992 EPA report is an example of the use of epidemiology to promote belief in an epidemic instead of to investigate one. It has damaged the credibility of EPA and has tainted the fields of epidemiology and public health.

In addition, influential anti-tobacco activists, including prominent academics, have unethically attacked the research of eminent scientists in order to further their ideological and political agendas.

The abuse of scientific integrity and the generation of faulty "scientific" outcomes (through the use of pseudoscience) have led to the deception of the American public on a grand scale and to draconian government overregulation and the squandering of public money.

Millions of dollars have been spent promoting belief in SHS as a killer, and more millions of dollars have been spent by businesses in order to comply with thousands of highly restrictive bans, while personal choice and freedom have been denied to millions of smokers. Finally, and perhaps most tragically, all this has diverted resources away from discovering the true cause(s) of lung cancer in nonsmokers......"

See whole article here:
news.heartland.org...
edit on 12-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Please explain to me where your right not to be subjected to air pollutants is enshrined? Its certainly not the constitution.

You do have the right, to choose to have your own private property smoke-free and to choose not to enter the private property of other people who choose to allow smoking.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Tobacco is dangerous to the health, but still people without thinking chew, smoke, and do many thing, but everyone has freedom to do what they want, but please don't regret the time it comes.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Smoker's lungs are suitable for transplant. Are you really going to try to convince us that doctors are transplanting black lungs into the pristine bodies of non-smokers?

Smokers lungs are only used in transplants as a last resort,usually when the recipient has one or two years left to live.....they are not ideal by any stretch.

You really are just trying to convince yourself that smoking is harmless aren't you?.........

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I do not need to lie or be delusional to get my point across.

This is what I find amusing...

First day in school. They tell you....

" in case of a fire, get on the ground and get out. The smoke will kill you before the fire"\

This is standard issue advice for all 5 year old's and up.

Most 5 year olds get it. Most.... for some it is too complicated a concept.

Smokers... Some of you are anti-social a-holes. This is the reason people are giving you a hard time. Not because you are going to die early. Or second hand smoke will effect us. It is your attitude that sucks, not just your self entitled face.

Remember, you only started to look cool. It did not work. You are still a try hard.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It was a play on the OPs name... AlienView.

I wonder what an alien would think of the OP smoking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join