It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

When President Barack Obama goes on holiday to the seaside things can get complicated.

Not for him.

Rooms have to be found for dozens of Secret Service agents, someone has to carry a selection of presidential basketballs, and of course the family dog needs his own state-of-the-art aircraft.

What ?

Dog Eat One ?

Arriving in the idyllic coastal retreat of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, Mr Obama left behind him in Washington DC high profile debates over the budget, government surveillance and his health care reforms. Instead, he will spend the next eight days playing golf, going to the beach, and buying books from the Bunch of Grapes bookstore.

BO BO BO BOBO.

I tell ya I am so glad our president doesn't over work himself after the daily grinds of ignoring the economy, and those 'phony' scandals sure takes their tolls.

And after jet setting to the west coast after the 'exhausting' Jay Leno interview earlier in the week, and giving the evil GOP their come uppins about that super duper wonderful healthcare bill( corporate product), and straightening out how the current administration is 'only' spying on those people who 'deserve' it.

I'm even more ecstatic that our wonderful savior of the republic will not be without his best friend Bo.

Aw this really just warms my heart all the kings men, all the kings time will be spent in 'Martha's Vineyard's' after that tough job he has.

Are you KIDDING me ?

Golf clap for our part time Potus ?

edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Is he not allowed to have time off? The stress that any American president endures has to be relieved somehow, if golf helps him refresh and re-focus then so be it. He really is attacked for anything on this site.

Attack his policys, not his activitys while on holiday for god sake.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well this stands to reason.

It's a precautionary measure.

If an unfortunate accident were to happen to both at the same time, how would the nation react ?

How would they be able to conduct the nation's business ?

Not to mention the insurance paperwork !!

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Tell me how many Americans get to take multiple vacations throughout the year ?

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

When most people don't have jobs or work part time.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Please, download Firefox and use it's built in spell check function. Now, on to the meat of your little post. For starters, do you know how many people are unemployed in the United States? How many live on government hand-outs? You should, you're a member here.

And what exactly, has Obama done to warrant this time off? Nothing. Last time I checked, our economy was still going down the drain, our deficit? How about "toughing it out" (which I would call doing your job for any other president) and do some damn work?

If Obama was a diligent president, doing his job, I would warmly welcome him taking time off. It's like vacation inception, his whole presidency has been a vacation which he now is taking another vacation from.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

Really? Congress is taking 5 weeks off, and the Supreme Court is recessed until October.

Congress will get 239 "vacation days" in 2013.
www.policymic.com...

The Congressional calendar for this coming year consists of 126 days, leaving members of Congress 239 days to perhaps tour our great nation, toy with the idea of running for higher office, and maybe visit a natural disaster or two. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor's calendar releases rather embarrassing scheduling without a single 5-day work week or weekend.

If you are already feeling riled up about this, I would not suggest looking at the month of August.
bostonherald.com...

—14: Number of vacation trips taken by Obama since he took office in January 2009.
—92: Number of days, all or in part, Obama has spent on vacation.
—57: Number of vacation trips taken by Bush at this same point in his presidency.
—50: Number of visits Bush made to his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
—323: Number of days, all or in part, Bush spent at the ranch.
—7: Number of trips Bush made to his family's compound in Kennebunkport, Maine.
—26: Number of days, all or in part, Bush spent in Maine.
bostonherald.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Really? Congress is taking 5 weeks off, and the Supreme Court is recessed until October.

Nice deflection for the record I hold just as much contempt for congress.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Is he not allowed to have time off? The stress that any American president endures has to be relieved somehow, if golf helps him refresh and re-focus then so be it. He really is attacked for anything on this site.

He's had enough time off. He just got back from his vacation in Africa. I'm pretty sure that not all of that was spent working. The Obama's are always vacationing. I have not taken a vacation in 7 years. I wonder if Mr. President knows what that feels like. He needs to work like I have to.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

How many Americans have the pressure of the nation and probably the world on their shoulders? Yes, many Americans can't afford to have a holiday, but on the flip side many can.

Too bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Actually no he is not allowed time off. I don't get any time off, why should he? I work over 40 hours a week, I work double shifts, I work over time, I work 6 days a week....and I do it all to just barely scrape by! So if I can not get any time off, why the hell should he? Lord knows he is making WAY more money than I am. He is not worried about the lights being turned off for lack of payment. He is not worried about paying rent.

So the answer to your question is NO!! NO he can not get time off. He can take a break and get time off when the Americans who pay his freakin salary can get some time off. This clown has had more time off this year than I have had in the last 10 years!! I can not even tell you the last time I was able to take a vacation (holiday).
edit on 11-8-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

How many Americans have the pressure of the nation and probably the world on their shoulders? Yes, many Americans can't afford to have a holiday, but on the flip side many can.

Well they say can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

He wanted the job, he got it.

edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So he takes a vacation (again). Do we have to pay to airlift the dog on a separate aircraft? The dog couldn't fly with them?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Too bad.

ALL 300+ million Americans have the pressure !!!

Just look at the economic policies and failures that affect the majority of citizens.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's kinda what wealthy people do. You honestly expect the POTUS to be a 'common' man?

I love how, when we have such a 'high' unemployment rate, some of you expect the president to walk around in jeans and a t-shirt. The rest of the multi-millionaires are free to keep spending whatever amount on whatever they want all while cutting employee hours so they can continue to spend at those levels.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What is so hard to understand about Obama's dog needing a second aircraft just to travel to MV, at taxpayer expense.
Second Aircraft. For a dog. At taxpayer expense. Nero fiddles....

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Nice deflection for the record I hold just as much contempt for congress.

Lol right??

I'm in favor of them taking maybe 335 days of vacation every year.

Let's give them 30 days a in Washington.

Think how wonderful things would be if they weren't there making laws and bouncing checks.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

Too bad.

The POTUS is a figurehead... The POTUS is told what to say to the public. He doesn't even write his own speeches. The most stress he has to go through would getting heckled during one of his speeches or the general public hating him for what they think he's doing (realistically not doing; his cronies do everything) in office. . Hell, he is probably told when to give an executive order, one of the few real powers the President holds.
edit on 11-8-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok, let's just drop out the "oh he deserves time off too" argument and assume you're right. All the vacations he and the missus have taken aren't sufficient.

The DOG took a separate plane. Do you have any idea the cost to fly out an MV-22 Osprey to deliver the family dog? I don't either, but it ain't pennies. It's not the first time either. July 2010, Maine: Maine July 2010

Or how about December 2010 when Michelle couldn't wait for Barack to finish up business and flew separately on our dime? December 2010

Or August 2011, when Michelle couldn't wait a couple hours to start her vacay: August 2011

So, why the anger? Because my hard working husband has been forced onto furlough, cutting our family's income by 20%, while these wanna be aristocrats fly their darn DOG in a separate plane on their vacation. Vacation? We haven't had one of those in years, but we're just part of the chattering class I guess. And I would be yelling just as loud if it were a darn Republican doing this while we're taking the sequester hit.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Actually no he is not allowed time off. I don't get any time off, why should he? I work over 40 hours a week, I work double shifts, I work over time, I work 6 days a week....and I do it all to just barely scrape by! So if I can not get any time off, why the hell should he? Lord knows he is making WAY more money than I am. He is not worried about the lights being turned off for lack of payment. He is not worried about paying rent.

So the answer to your question is NO!! NO he can not get time off. He can take a break and get time off when the Americans who pay his freakin salary can get some time off. This clown has had more time off this year than I have had in the last 10 years!! I can not even tell you the last time I was able to take a vacation (holiday).
edit on 11-8-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Elections are not that far away you should run for POTUS.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Text

Too bad

The country falling apart and he wants a vacation every other week. Yea berry when the going gets tough run and hide. But on the other hand dubya was just as bad. All in all different player same game. They know the job and what it entails, bunch of jack wagons. They don't represent US they represent them selves.
edit on 11-8-2013 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join