It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah' to Martin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by OneManArmy

You do have a point about freedom, but there are other points to consider. If we live on a finite planet with finite resources where does it end? Do we want to be overrun with idiots or do we want to encourage the best and brightest to populate the earth?

There is room for all of them. There has to be, who else is going to do all the manual labour for the "entitled" intellectuals that arent built for getting their hands dirty.
People have different strengths and weakness.
There are those that create work, and those that do work.
As long as each gets their fair share, then all is good in the world.
And the larger the gene pool then the better chance of finding a cure to some theoretical virus that might wipe us out in future.
Where do you stop the eugenics campaign once you start it?
You start killing off the idiots then what next?
Disabled people?
The elderly, and the critically ill?
And then whats considered elderly? 80, 70 , 60?....50.

eugenics is evil, it allows evil men to commit mass murder.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I knew a man named Messias, pronounced the same way, just with an 's' at the end. It was a family name- he was named after his uncle, so it's not like this is really anything new. He said he gets lots of questions about his unusual name, but it's never caused him any problems in life. If anything, I would imagine it would be a conversation starter. Parents should be able to name their children whatever they want. If it's a terrible name, the kid can always go by a nickname and change it when they grow up. And besides- that baby is already 7 months old, and must recognize his own name by now.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Who said anything about Eugenics? I'm not advocating killing anyone, and particularly not any certain race, religion or creed. I'm just saying that if you need a license to drive a car, why shouldn't you need a license to grow a human being? Why should anyone with the appropriate hole be able to spit out a kid regardless of how well they will be cared for?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

So whose the grand decider on who can have children, what are the qualifications for this license?
Because some highly educated people do some very stupid things.
Idiocy doesnt discriminate its a human trait, its classless.

So where are the lines?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You seriously think the government should be in charge of who get a license to reproduce? And you think that has nothing to do with eugenics??

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The judge says the name is a title I will agree with that but there were and are many people with a title for the first name. To name one would be Duke Elington, another would of been Prince befroe he changed to to formaly name Prince. So this does not hold water in my opinion. and it will be struck down.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You disagree with my parent licensing plan, and I understand and agree that you make very valid and reasonable points.

I'm not saying I have all the idiosyncrasies of the idea worked out. I'm discussing it. Obviously all systems have flaws. Including the driver's licensing system. There are plenty of people who have a drivers license who probably shouldn't. Like people with multiple DUI's. But somehow people's rights to a driver's license are deemed more important in some instances than public safety. But, as they say living in a free society isn't safe, and liberty isn't free. So I guess the price of freedom is living with dangerous drivers and a largely expanding group of people who couldn't tell you the price of butter.

BUT I'm straying off topic. I apologize, OP and Mods, and everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Offensiveness, in and of itself, is not a criminal act, but rather a perspective.

This judge should be released from her duties if she continues judging via her opinion and not the law.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join