It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing 'Where God Led Us'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing

www.npr.org

A leap of faith that sent an Arizona family bound for the South Pacific in a sailboat has returned them in an airplane after a harrowing ordeal at sea that saw them adrift and nearly out of food in one of the remotest stretches of ocean on the planet.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, and her husband, Sean, 30, were fed up with abortion, homosexuality, taxes and the "state-controlled church" and so "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us," she told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. With them were Sean's father and the couple's two daughters, one 3 years old and the
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Aug 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: needed complete source title

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Perhaps the Gastonguay family misinterpreted Gods message. I wonder if taking a 3 year old and an infant on a sailboat on an extended voyage in the Pacific could be construed as child abuse? I'm glad they were rescued but that adventure seemed ill advised to say the least.

I also wonder how God sent the message to embark in a sailboat rather than buying tickets with an international airline carrier. I sometimes call into question "messages sent from supernatural entities" whether they be aliens, dead relatives, Ghosts, Ouija spirits or Gods.

www.npr.org
edit on 11-8-2013 by olaru12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Dang, God just told me those people that rescued them messed with his plan!

They were on the right track, straight to heaven.

Now we'll have to deal with them breeding more.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What is ATS becoming? Fox News?

What is "alternative" or "conspirational" about this story? A family sailed away unprepared. They were rescued. End of story.

I don't care if this is a story somewhere. Perhaps it ought to be a story in their hometown newspaper, maybe a snippet of human interest on a low budget news show. That's fine. No big deal.

But WHAT does this have to do with Above Top Secret???? Are we supposed to report EVERYTHING that happens here now?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

everything on ats has to be over sensationalized for post count padding, as much "woowoo" b.s. ufo, 911 theories, bigfoot sightings, pseudo crap, homeopathy, astral, psychics, etc pick any of those topics then in your post make crazy amazing claims and extra flags if you give it a political slant, then you have the perfect ATS thread.

while threads about smoking pot, or trying out psychedelics are banned...

talk about irony

course the only way to read ats is when high, then it's better than saturday morning cartoons

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

What is "alternative" or "conspirational" about this story? A family sailed away unprepared. They were rescued. End of story.

To me it was the irony of God telling the family to sail away to a new beginning but abandoning them to the weather and harsh elements. But it was MAN that saved their bacon and made for the happy ending.

Well ATS has certainly attracted the Right Wing like Fox!

edit on 11-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I would put this in the wird news catagory. And as such deserving of a thread for those who wish to discuss it.

My question is, where did they get the money to do this? Boats ain't cheap.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I would put this in the wird news catagory. And as such deserving of a thread for those who wish to discuss it.

My question is, where did they get the money to do this? Boats ain't cheap.

God must've given them a lend, he's got tons of cash

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
They probably didn’t believe in buying insurance for the boat either obviously they didn’t believe in buying a good radio to call for help.

Freaking mouth breathers.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Its good to see some people still have the spirit to embark on journeys.
That trip would give more knowledge to the kids than 3 years in a classroom and hopefully the crew will have gained some experience
They will try again i presume or is their god angry at the attempted breakout?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Typical of the religious right. I feel sorry for the kids. But maybe they will "see the light" and won't be so stupid in the future.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
To me it was the irony of God telling the family to sail away to a new beginning but abandoning them to the weather and harsh elements. But it was MAN that saved their bacon and made for the happy ending.

How profound. But if the family had been running from the NWO/ Illuminati conspiracy, what then?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing

www.npr.org

A leap of faith that sent an Arizona family bound for the South Pacific in a sailboat has returned them in an airplane after a harrowing ordeal at sea that saw them adrift and nearly out of food in one of the remotest stretches of ocean on the planet.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, and her husband, Sean, 30, were fed up with abortion, homosexuality, taxes and the "state-controlled church" and so "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us," she told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. With them were Sean's father and the couple's two daughters, one 3 years old and the

edit on Sun Aug 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: needed complete source title

Ahh excellent..one more family being shown the lie of god as man see's him..finally enabled now, if they so choose, to examine what god might actually be, through the aid of man as gods sees him...Good stuff..glad their safely home.

Ro

edit on 11-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
One has to ask in a world where every corner of the globe has been mapped and is already inhabited, where on earth they thought God was going to take them.

If ever there were an argument in the rather silly suggestion that fundamental religious nuttery be classified as mental illness, this would be it.....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow, look at how bitter and insulting the atheists have been on this topic, and on the comments of the OP's article. I thought atheists were of higher standards than that.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAre0ne
Wow, look at how bitter and insulting the atheists have been on this topic, and on the comments of the OP's article. I thought atheists were of higher standards than that.

Let me ask you one simple question then; Who is going to pick up the tab for the cost of finding and rescuing this family who put it all on the line in the name of absurd religious belief? God?

I'm no atheist but I know better than to put God to the test like that. Even Jesus when tempted by Satan in the desert after forty days of fasting knew not to test God .......

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

I thought atheists were of higher standards than that.

What in god's name gave you that idea?

Hell no as an athiest you are free to offend as you see fit. Any religion is fair game even satanism! The Jews are the most fun to pick on but they're used to being abused.

On topic - The parents are obviously morons. It makes you wonder what "god" thought when he saw those people floating around in the ocean.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

If you would have read the article, you would have found that they were actually hoping to find / live on a Polynesian island. Their boat was damaged on the way, which was out of their control. Accidents happen. Who cares who is going to pay for it? Is that all atheists are worried about these days? Materialistic much?

Luckily they were found and rescued. It is unfortunate they didn't have a radio to call the Coast Guard, which, I'm sure before they left Arizona they help pay for with taxes.

FYI, did you know Christopher Columbus believed God led him to try to sail westward from Europe to reach the Indies? Without that, he would have never "discovered" America. It's funny how many things were accomplished because of a belief in God.

When people say, "Let's see where God takes us", it is normally more of a figure of speech mixed in with a little bit of faith. You people read the article and assume they were being 100% literal, and just aimlessly sailed off into the vast ocean. They didn't do that, they had vague direction they wanted to go, but their boat was damaged on the way. But since you people are so quick to argue about religion, you turned this into a God bashing thread.
edit on 12-8-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Yeah I know, atheists are lawless, Godless, rebels, ruled by nothing but their animal instincts.

But they often proclaim to be of higher morals, and standards, and intelligence, then they turn around and mock people who don't share their non-existent beliefs, or should I say willful ignorance of that which one can't understand.
edit on 12-8-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Well we do not have a rulebook that says we should ridicule certain groups like say homosexuals.

Most dislike all religion equally but some have a warm spot for Buddhism I think because of the lack of deity’s.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join