It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds indict Obama friend Eric Whitaker’s former chief of staff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Tsk tsk... Everything that surrounds this administration is just one big scandal... In case you dont rememebr, Whitaker is the man that was accused of offering Jeremiah Wright money to shut up. Whitaker’s hospital is the same one that paid first lady Michelle Obama $316,962 a year to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center while her husband served in the U.S. Senate.

It allegedly kept flowing until October 2008, by which time Golden and Whitaker had left state government to work together at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Both Golden, who is a niece of U.S. Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.), and Whitaker joined the health department in 2003 after Rod Blagojevich became governor. Obama has said he recommended to the Blagojevich administration that Whitaker be hired.

A federal grand jury on Wednesday indicted Quinshaunta R. Golden — a onetime top aide to Dr. Eric E. Whitaker, one of President Barack Obama’s closest friends — on bribery, theft and fraud charges, accusing her of embezzling about $433,000 in state health department funds.

U.S. Attorney James A. Lewis, who oversees the Central District of Illinois, is expected to outline the charges against Golden during a Thursday morning news conference in Springfield. The seven-count indictment accuses her of bribery, theft, witness tampering, mail fraud and obstruction of justice.

edit on 11-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So... Obama knows a guy who knows a guy who got indicted???

Honestly can we just go back to saying he was born in Africa? At least that was entertaining.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How does this implicate Obama?

So an employee of a friend of Obama's, who served in the Blagojevich administration, is being indicted for embezzlement. Big surprise!

Are you going to blame Obama for Blagojevich's antics too?

edit on 11-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Honestly can we just go back to saying he was born in Africa? At least that was entertaining.

From what I understood, she was part of the Illinois hospital circuit that surrounds both Obama's, and has visited the Whitehouse. I mean think about it..

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I never said this would implicate him of anything. How would it? It looks like the feds are cracking down on the corrupt chicago politicians for a change.. And I think this is news in itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Star for the laugh Heff............

Although I think its a lot closer then that.......MHO

Those of a feather flock together............

Both Golden, who is a niece of U.S. Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.), and Whitaker joined the health department in 2003 after Rod Blagojevich became governor. Obama has said he recommended to the Blagojevich administration that Whitaker be hired.

and here is the convenient answer to many who have dealt with "Chicago Politics"........

There is no indication that Whitaker — who started working at the U. of C. in October 2007 but resigned from his job there earlier this year — knew of Golden’s alleged wrongdoing or is a target of the federal investigation.

Yeah.....I believe that like I believe in the hypocrisy of this Administration. Eric Holder has a get out of Jail free card.......... Im sure Whitaker too would get one. Who else would Obama golf with?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah and it makes you wonder if Golden is the fall guy. If so, maybe she will squawk like a bird? Or would she be afraid of getting a new pair of cement shoes?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Michelle had a 'job' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for $300,000+.

That 'job' didn't exist before or after Michelle.

Hmmm.

Word on the street is that the 'extra' money to justify the salary was found from a grant possibly 'approved' by the indictee, Ms. Golden.

That will come out in trial, if this even gets to trial.

Plea Bargains are common, especially in Chicago. It keeps the undetected guilty parties out of the picture.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I get the concept, I really do. Heck I live in a state that elected a censured and known crook as Governor - in the person of Nathan Deal.

They're all crooks and I am not excusing anything that Obama may or may not have done. I'm simply saying that if we were to exclude every politician who is not one degree removed from some sort of indictment or scandal? Washington would need a new sign that says "Welcome to Washington DC! Population 3 2."

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Draw the lines...

Whitaker, who golfed with Obama during the president's 52nd birthday celebration last weekend, left the state public health department in late 2007 to work with Michelle Obama at the University of Chicago Medicine. Golden left her state job in early 2008 and joined Whitaker at U. of C. Whitaker, who left the U. of C. this year, could not be reached for comment.

now draw a straight line to the White House.

a friend of a friend is a friend of a ........

Michelle is involved.

Chicago Tribune story

"CHICAGO My Kind Of Town - Frank Sinatra"

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But still, it is refreshing to see that someone from the chicago healthcare group doesn't have an immunity card. Plus I am interested in the upcoming trial to see where this all leads if anywhere. I am not at home, but was going to comment about her relationship to the Obama's in my next post, but you caught me off guard with your previous comment. .

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Whoa.... This just hit me!.... AUDiT! Would an audit initiated by the Feds expose the Michelle Obama job/salary scandal? Or maybe more? I never thought of this until now! Maybe some folks are getting tired of the Obama's sitting in office?

Now that I think about it, why would what was likely an immunity card suddendly change? Why would one of the "crew" suddenly get charged? Something is up here.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm simply saying that if we were to exclude every politician who is not one degree removed from some sort of indictment or scandal? Washington would need a new sign that says "Welcome to Washington DC! Population 3 2."

I'm Just tired of Chicago Politics running this Country. Vote them ALL out.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
After reading the OP and the linked articles within it, as well as all the subsequent post in this thread and awarding stars to those of which I felt deserving, I have a little something to say;

This thread is a perfect example of why ATS is defined as a "Conspiracy site." Forget about "six degrees of separation." To quote one of the posters in the thread, "just think about it" long enough and there ain't much of nothing you can't blame on Obama.

Just remember, It was that kind of endless fanatical thinking and the resulting stress that caused Andrew Breitbart's heart to blow up.

edit on 11-8-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I honestly hope not. He's a lame duck President who likely will not accomplish much in his remaining three years in office, given the landscape of the House and Senate and the fact that we'll all soon be thoroughly focused upon the 2016 elections.

An impeachment proceeding would, IMO, just be distraction theater in the vein of the Clinton impeachment. It'd waste a lot of money and resources and keep the MSM from having to cover anything that might actually matter.

Or... is that the plan.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Today's conspiracy may be tomorrows news. Just like all the "conspiracy nuts" here talked about the government reading our emails while using key words etc... Or what about the phony Benghazi scandal that we all love. The IRS scandal was here also. I always say, when there is a rumor about something, it is usually the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Whoa.... This just hit me!.... AUDiT! Would an audit initiated by the Feds expose the Michelle Obama job/salary scandal? Or maybe more? I never thought of this until now! Maybe some folks are getting tired of the Obama's sitting in office?

Now that I think about it, why would what was likely an immunity card suddendly change? Why would one of the "crew" suddenly get charged? Something is up here.

""Maybe some folks are getting tired of the Obama's sitting in office?""

OR

This could be a preemptive strike at Michelle.

There IS a possibility that She will run for public office -- like U.S. Senator perhaps ?

She may be following Hillary's footsteps, and she is 'qualified'.

Michelle is a lawyer too.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wowza... I was thinking about her running earlier todady, when I was reading another related thread. Preemptive strike could be possible also. That healthcare corruption has been going on for eternity, the sudden shift in the wind has to mean something. It just has to.. Nothing ever happens in politics without a reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I get the concept, I really do. Heck I live in a state that elected a censured and known crook as Governor - in the person of Nathan Deal.

They're all crooks and I am not excusing anything that Obama may or may not have done. I'm simply saying that if we were to exclude every politician who is not one degree removed from some sort of indictment or scandal? Washington would need a new sign that says "Welcome to Washington DC! Population 3 2."

maybe that's what we need and we could gets some people up there that's not as crooked, as the day is long.
and start getting this country in shape.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

He wasn't born in Africa?

Have to admit though, a lot of these friends of friends of friends do indeed seem to know each other, and cover for each other.. Like a good ole boys club of sorts... I think that describes this situation accurately,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join