It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This Symbol?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I just sent an URGENT message to his cell phone. Hopefully, he will get my messages before I have to leave for work. Sigh...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Are these highly speculative interpretations really causing you such concern?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You don't know the full story behind ALL the dreams he has shared with me, not just this one.

Yes, I'm very concerned.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
perhaps some light could be shed?
helps chase away the dark areas...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You don't know the full story behind ALL the dreams he has shared with me, not just this one. Yes, I'm very concerned.

It would be nice if you shared the FULL story then. It would give us more to work with.
edit on 11-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That would be up to him. These "dreams", or what I call an astral journey vision, are all about him and something to come. Very personal info for him. It's not up to me to share other's personal messages.

I have to leave for work in about an hour. I hope he gets my message, but it may be later tonight after I'm gone.

I'll post in the morning, or as soon as I hear from him, if I have permission.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

That would be up to him. These "dreams", or what I call an astral journey vision, are all about him and something to come. Very personal info for him. It's not up to me to share other's personal messages.

I have to leave for work in about an hour. I hope he gets my message, but it may be later tonight after I'm gone.

I'll post in the morning, or as soon as I hear from him, if I have permission.

Now it makes sense to me. Your freinds dreams are true. Crazy times.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sorry folks. Still no word from my dreamer. Maybe tonight, or tomorrow night.

Just keep checking back.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So you want us to assist you in interpreting a data set by sharing only a few spare values from that data set? Please tell me you are joking. I think it would have been a better decision if you have waited to procure permission to post the whole story instead of tossing a teaser into the forum and asking that we make sense of a story we've only seen a couple seconds of footage from.

Seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well, because it was symbolism and a symbol she was asking about originally, I don't think there is a problem with it, but that is just my opinion.

Taken in context with the rest of the dream however, it could give a bigger more exact meaning of the symbol.
I don't think she originally intended for the entire dream to be known.
It could be helpful though.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The solution is get off the booze.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I just sent an URGENT message to his cell phone. Hopefully, he will get my messages before I have to leave for work. Sigh...

I received a message that my urgent message didn't go through. ARRRRGGGGHHH!

He must have changed his cell number because it worked the last time I used it. Sigh... we'll just have to wait.
I've been sending thoughts to him to check his e-mail. That's all I can do for now.

AfterInfinity, I'm sooo sorry for the tease. I didn't mean it that way when the thread started. I was only looking for the meaning of the dot, dot, dot and a line in the sign. I was ready to let the thread die once I found out in the first few posts it was the number 8.
But then Lone12 came on, and... things progressed from there.

I hate when people tease me. It is terrible to have someone give you a nibble that makes you want more, but don't get it.

I apologize.

I will post the entire dream if possible. If he says no, then It's out of my hands.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It would also give us an idea of how decisive and clear the dream was, instead of examining a potentially random set of factors that could easily represent any number of ideas originating within or without the dreamer's subconscious.

This is the problem with dream interpretation. There's books and guides to translating symbolism in dreams, yet the most obvious translator would be the person whose psyche generated those symbols. After all, it's their symbolism they're working with, right? A language compiled by their own subconscious. Just because the book says a purple horse smoking a cigar means one thing, doesn't mean it doesn't have a completely different sort of significance in the recesses of the dreamer's mind.

In short, there's really no telling. The results of such an investigation are most heavily determined by what the investigator chooses to believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
The solution is get off the booze.

Comments like this are really useless, and do not help Sled in my humble opinion, unless you meant it as a joke. In that case, I'm sorry, and -haha.

I'm still eagerly awaiting to see whether we get to know the contents of the whole dream. I don't see a problem with you sharing it, because we don't know who he is, and never will, he will remain anonymous. It would make it easier for us to help you.
Help us help you.

If the dream is really personal and he is adamant about not sharing, then I think there is nothing more we can do but guess.

Cheerio,

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

If the dream is really personal and he is adamant about not sharing, then I think there is nothing more we can do but guess.

What's the point in that? I'm flabbergasted you would even suggest it. I didn't know this site was about guessing. Let's guess what the government is planning. Let's guess if that attack was part of something larger and more nefarious. Let's guess if that food is low-quality and potentially hazardous for consumption. Let's guess if that politician is telling the truth or not.

If we're down to guessing, then it's a pointless exercise. Then again, we did start out with trying to identify scattered symbolry from a simple description of a vague dream that's been withheld from our knowledge. What did we really expect would happen?
edit on 12-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What's the point in that? I'm flabbergasted you would even suggest it. I didn't know this site was about guessing. Let's guess what the government is planning. Let's guess if that attack was part of something larger and more nefarious. Let's guess if that food is low-quality and potentially hazardous for consumption. Let's guess if that politician is telling the truth or not.

If we're down to guessing, then it's a pointless exercise. That's my opinion in the matter.
edit on 12-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

To: AfterInfinity:
I should've added -end sarcasm- at the end of that sentence.

I'm well aware what this site is about, I do not need a lecture. I thought my tone of writing was enough to convey my sarcasm, but I "guess" it wasn't for you.
And on a personal note- Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning?
Cheer up, and relax.
We are only trying to help with a dream, and not solve world hunger problems on this thread.
Sheesh

edit on 12-8-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I have a problem with pointless exercises.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you on that.

I will check back later to see if there is any progress.

Take care AI

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't believe it is pointless if it exercises the mind and intuition, but that is just me.

If you feel these things are pointless, then why participate at all?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Update: Still no reply from my friend.

I've noticed that he messages me a lot of times on Tuesday, so maybe he'll see it today. I just hope it's before I have to leave for work.
Sigh... my ESP must be on the blink. I was sending out thoughts to him all day yesterday to check his mail.

Sorry for the delay.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join