It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Power Goes To Your Head, It May Shut Out Your Heart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So a friend recently sent me this article over Skype and I thought it was a rather interesting article certainly worth sharing. I wasn't too sure which forum to put it in so I figured Philosophy would be the best. Here is a small snippet to get y'all started

Even the smallest dose of power can change a person. You've probably seen it. Someone gets a promotion or a bit of fame and then, suddenly, they're a little less friendly to the people beneath them.

www.npr.org...

Personally this would explain for the amount of times that we see politicians and quite a few other high ranking officials certainly losing their morals and anything else they were brought up on. All promises seem to be broken when they reach that state of having the power. What would everyone else's thoughts be on this? Also I searched for it and did not find it so I'm sorry if this is a double post.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

I would feel bad if you tripped and fell while bringing me a cup of coffee. Does that count?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Lol not really but gave me a chuckle

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

If this is true they would need to differentiate between being less friendly due to being a less kind person (dont care anymore/personality change/were only nice before because of xyz), versus more responsibility and therefore less time and more stressed.

I know I'm a nice person and try very hard to be consistent in my time and attention to others but when busy I tend to become less available and not as careful of others feelings sometimes - but always return and apologize because ill think of it during down time.

If a person is truly kind and caring it will shine through regardless. But they need to have time to reflect. I'm guessing many in power have others justifying their bad behavior (because they are in power), and therefore don't reflect at all. Or they never had it to begin with (a heart), and were superficial from the get go.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Hmm interesting that you say that and makes sense. Most of the time the people in high power always have attorneys or something that deal with matters for them and I'm not too sure if it's more about publicity or that they cannot find it in themselves to apologize. Either way what you said makes sense and I would say applies to all in the workforce, when we are pushed for time we rather have the time to be as courteous as our parents have taught us but will try to make up for it if possible ( I know I do ).

new topics

top topics

join