It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 16 year old found, 40 year old abducter killed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I heard about the disappearance a few days ago, even shared it on my facebook; the heartbreak of a child missing is too much.

I have had many thoughts about this. What this actually a case of abduction?

Is this 16 year old child a victim of Stockholm Syndrome?

Or is this a much more macabre situation? Did she have any part in the deaths of her mother and brother? I seriously hope not.
Thoughts, please.

[url=http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hannah-anderson-after-dramatic-idaho-rescue-teen-doing-ok-20130810,0,3588407.story]www.latimes.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nukeleer

It seems she went away to Hollywood with him recently and he brought her back early because she was showing little interest in being with him. It gave me the impression that her parents might have given their consent for that trip, but who knows really? Maybe that trip caused her mother to fight with him and it might be the reason for killing her and her little boy. It's all pathetic. She was uneasy about being with him, so why would her father not step in and protect her?

However, I'm happy that she is reunited with her family and will be able to mourn and resume her life.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Did anybody look to see if the 16 year old has a Facebook/Twitter? Chances are pretty high that she did/does?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It appears she is purely a victim but this is America. If for nothing else people should reserve final judgements until all of the facts of the case come out - to at least exercise the idea that rights still exist. I'm sure the police will be looking at this possibility since she is not a 5 year old (it would be more clear in that case). I believe they were looking at discrepancies of her saying she was uncomfortable but then going to Hollywood for a week with him and something else I can't recall at this time. Something her friend said about them giving each other a look but then both dismissing it later. It was discrepancies in stories from friends is all I know. Oh yes - the horseback rider who described chatting with them and her appearing normal. This one can be explained by Stockholm syndrome or other psyc processes but not entirely rule out the question mark for them.

It's either as the media portrays it - he was obsessed, she was innocent, and he called the whole family over to his house, took her brother into the detached garage to separate him, killed or knocked out the mom, burned both buildings with a child, dog, and mom inside (not sure if former two were knocked out or dead when burned), and then took Hannah. I personally think this is the most likely.

We know she was last seen at cheer leading practice so who picked her up? It could be he did and had her at his house in advance or that she just went straight home and them the whole family went to dimaggios house. If so he must have had a good plan to overtake 3 people and keep someone from dialing a phone or running out of the house screaming. That's possible but does leave enough doubt to make a police investigation necessary.

Or she was complicit. It's not unheard of from people who are " in love" (obsessed or addicted is a better descriptor in these rare cases), and feed off each other. She looks well cared for, and as if she had a well rounded life. But to go by appearances - that would be irresponsible investigating. I think of the murdering couple Patricia Columbo and her older pharmacist lover. She was 17 i believe. She had a loving family and all appeared idealstic to onlookers until police began to dig. There are plenty of stories of young people murdering their parent(s).

Sadly people are quick to judge and lash out on the police for even thinking in these terms. I know i would want a thorough investigation of a murder in my neighborhood - by default. It shouldnt be done only when things dont make sense to us. It should be standard. Media may be right but it should not form locked opinions before police have had a chance to finish their job.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
He was found near where I live, in Idaho, in the middle of wild-land. Speculation over in these parts is that there was a drone used to find him.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So another murder by American police when any other police force from around the world could've dealt with it without lethal force

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And we know nothing about why or how this guy killed the mother and brother. Why? Because the police executed him without trial. I don't care how much of a scumbag you are, you deserve a trial in America. And honestly, whats with the constant mentioning of the age of this girl? She's a 16 year old "child", in 2 years she would have been an 18 year old "adult".

Yet another case, void of facts or motive. I'm surprised they didn't burn the cabin again.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
And honestly, whats with the constant mentioning of the age of this girl? She's a 16 year old "child", in 2 years she would have been an 18 year old "adult".

Yet another case, void of facts or motive. I'm surprised they didn't burn the cabin again.

You can't be dismissive of her age by saying that in so many years she would be an adult. You want facts, and yet you are ready to throw away the one fact we do know, that she is under age, period. There was an amber alert about her being kidnapped, taken without parental permission to embark on a cross country trip.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Originally posted by Schillinger
And honestly, whats with the constant mentioning of the age of this girl? She's a 16 year old "child", in 2 years she would have been an 18 year old "adult".

You can't be dismissive of her age by saying that in so many years she would be an adult. You want facts, and yet you are ready to throw away the one fact we do know, that she is under age, period. There was an amber alert about her being kidnapped, taken without parental permission to embark on a cross country trip.

Right, and in 2 years the world apparently opens, sea gulls squawk, and she becomes an adult. As if so much changes in 2 years that it's even worth mentioning.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
So another murder by American police when any other police force from around the world could've dealt with it without lethal force

Maybe the criminal shouldn't have killed 2 people and then kidnapped another but lets not mean to people that do bad things...

Wait I know..no proof ..he wasn't a bad person.. blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Now just imagine if they find the weapons, and it has the girls fingerprints all over them?

Wouldn't that throw a spin into the whole story?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Now just imagine if they find the weapons, and it has the girls fingerprints all over them?

Especially since the police basically executed this guy without trial.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

I agree.

No one will really no what happened. They have to take the word of a teenager.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Good Job FBI! That's the way murderers and child abductors should be dealt with. No use having them in prison for the rest of their lives at $50K a year cost to the taxpayers. Instead of a regular funeral this man's body should be thrown into wilderness and have animals finish him off.

Again well done Law Enforcement. Same treatment to given to Castro who kidnapped and raped girls for 10 years.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Good Job FBI! That's the way murderers and child abductors should be dealt with. No use having them in prison for the rest of their lives at $50K a year cost to the taxpayers. Instead of a regular funeral this man's body should be thrown into wilderness and have animals finish him off.

Again well done Law Enforcement. Same treatment to given to Castro who kidnapped and raped girls for 10 years.

No no.

In ATS world it's a possibility that the girl killed her mother and brother , lit the guys house on fire then abducted him to wilderness. Please be nice to the criminal he probably only smoked a little weed in his life and is noble person because he was slightly crazy..

One person is responsible for 3 deaths and at least 2 families ruined and that is James DiMaggio.

The inability and refusal to blame criminals by some on this site never fails to amaze.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I believe the guy did it. but........

Patty Hearst, The Mason Family, and a few child soldiers just claiming they "followed orders" or were "brainwashed" might disagree with you.

Those things do happen too, not to say this was the case though. Im sure we will hear about what happened in the next several weeks, if not sooner.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Interesting what the horseback rider who ran into them said

Just as he and the others were getting ready to go, Hannah said something that made little sense at the time. "She said, 'Looks like we're all in trouble now,' or 'We're in real trouble now,'" said John. "I thought it extremely strange.

www.cnn.com...

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by opethPA

I believe the guy did it. but........

Patty Hearst, The Mason Family, and a few child soldiers just claiming they "followed orders" or were "brainwashed" might disagree with you.

Those things do happen too, not to say this was the case though. Im sure we will hear about what happened in the next several weeks, if not sooner.

While I don't disagree with that I prefer to go with Occam's Razor until their is some reason to think otherwise.

Also I see yet another person (not you Sonnny) , who wasn't on the ground and wasn't involved with the operation passed judgement on the people that were there. .Yup, sounds about right for this place.
edit on 11-8-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think it's entirely possible that the girl & him had a sexual relationship going on. Just because you tell someone you don't want to be alone with another doesn't mean it's a tip-off to teh creepeh. She could very well have said that to her friend to cover her arse, knowing what kind of trouble boinking could bring them. That's a great way to deflect suspicion there.
I also think it's entirely possible that mom found out, had words with the girl, then had words with the guy that escalated. The brother was probably a witness, wrong place, wrong time (poor boy
)
Judging from what witnesses have said about her behavior & words, I'm not convinced at ALL that she was anything but willing to run off with him. That's not how an unwilling captive acts.

Then again, she could have plotted with him to kill her mom for insurance money. Did the mom have life insurance? That'd be a way to run off in to the sunset. Mom's dead, collect the $, play the somber, sad daughter bit, then skip town with full pockets with your older lover. Like no one has ever tried to kill someone for insurance money before.

Hey don't write those off just yet. All of the above hypothetical scenarios are just as likely as they are unlikely.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join