It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a tree falls and the BIG LIE.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" is a philosophical thought experiment that raises questions regarding observation and knowledge of reality.

THE BIG LIE.

The most accepted theory is that it all cames from from a big bang.

Bang:
A loud sudden noise/explosion.

Sound travels through air, but not in a void or vacuum. So with no medium or atmosphere to travel through by vibrating molecules, and no one there to hear it, how was there a big "bang" 

Man we have got it so twisted its unreal. Unreal=fake.

These guys are supposed to be pro, and call the cause and effect, something it was not, if they are innocent they, must think we are stupid. If this was done on purpose, they must think we are stupid.

The void is omnipresent and is there by "default". It is the state it goes to when ALL faults are removed. 
edit on 10-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Are you being serious? no offense, i honestly don't know.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

About what?

It's a simple observation of a misuse of words.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Maybe drunk like me?
day off=drunk

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think you might be taking the word "Bang" a little to literally..

"Bang" is supposed to signify(albeit in a very simplified manner) the explosion that is theorized to have occurred and given rise to our universe.

Obviously it's much more complex than that...

But if a tree does fall and no one is there to hear it, then no it absolutely does not make a noise...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"If a man posts on ATS, and no one bothers to read it, did he say anything?"

Sorry, my bad. I could not help myself.

Seriously, in the early phase of the Big Bang (if it happened that way), there would be continuous gas and plasma, so sound might well have propagated, right? If the expansion were supersonic, it might not...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

How can you be sure it never made a sound? Would that imply that it never fell? Or wasn't even there?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by CesarO

Maybe drunk like me?
day off=drunk

Lol. But no.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There was no bang. The proof of this is that no matter where you are in the universe, everything is moving away from you. This indicates that there is no specific point of movement initiation, and that means that there was no initiation of that movement in the manner that would suggest such a detonation or single-point expansion of any kind.

The guy who invented the Big Bang was a Catholic priest, and just because no one's imagined a better scenario doesn't mean that the priest figured it all out. The fact of how everything that exists as material within our universe is actually moving away from everything else in our universe should be enough evidence that the Big Bang never happened at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The fact of how everything that exists as material within our universe is actually moving away from everything else in our universe should be enough evidence that the Big Bang never happened at all.

Well within the limits of our observation anyway. There could be many "Big Bangs" occurring occurring "out there" as we speak.

How dense does a black hole get before it just can't take it anymore?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It's a simple observation of a misuse of words.

I get that. Another one...

The sun "rises". No it doesn't, the Earth turns.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

in space, nobody can hear you scream,
or go bang.
sound is vibration
and where there's matter...

try another

that said, I'm more partial to the fiat nox hypothesis [immanentization out of the Void]
as opposed to the fiat lux hypothesis [big bang/"let there be light"]
edit on 10-8-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

I think you might be taking the word "Bang" a little to literally..

"Bang" is supposed to signify(albeit in a very simplified manner) the explosion that is theorized to have occurred and given rise to our universe.

Obviously it's much more complex than that...

But if a tree does fall and no one is there to hear it, then no it absolutely does not make a noise...

I would say, without a witness, there is no tree.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

How can you be sure it never made a sound? Would that imply that it never fell? Or wasn't even there?

Sound travels as a wave and requires a medium (like air/water) and most importantly a receiver, such as an eardrum, to process that wave into a noise.

Without a receiver, the wave just passes through as a soundless disturbance... a mere puff of air
edit on 10-8-2013 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The "Big Bang" is a gross exaggeration.
It was actually a large pop.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by NorEaster

The fact of how everything that exists as material within our universe is actually moving away from everything else in our universe should be enough evidence that the Big Bang never happened at all.

Well within the limits of our observation anyway. There could be many "Big Bangs" occurring occurring "out there" as we speak.

How dense does a black hole get before it just can't take it anymore?

I suppose that if there were a lot of bangs, then the Big Bang is bullsh*t anyway. If you're just going to make up stuff, then why bother with bangs? Just invent a god to snap it all into existence?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

I would say, without a witness it, there is no tree.

Seems like a fair assessment

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
actually i think you misunderstand the idea of the question. The question is about perception, not about sound.

The notion is simple. Does one perceive things they do not perceive? Is the sound of a tree falling simply something to perceive by those who are there to perceive the tree falling. If you see the fallen tree, you ASSUME it was once standing, but for you, it was never standing - you perceived a fallen tree.

The question is about perceiving of things and is there anything to perceive if there is no one to perceive the thing. The answer cannot be proven, only known to those who seek to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by Garkiniss

I would say, without a witness it, there is no tree.

Seems like a fair assessment

hmmm...I don't know just how valid that notion actually is. Maybe in a freshman philosophy classroom it can keep its head above water, but it's pretty much dismissed by serious thinkers.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

The term Big Bang was sarcastically coined by Fred Hoyle, an opponent of this theory. Fred Hoyle

top topics

<<   2 >>

join