It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is everyone oblivious to whats above us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
why is so many people oblivious to anything but what we know?

i mean everyone i know just lives day to day and never has a thought about anything beyond our earth even tho we,r a spec in the universe.i bet 90% or even higher of the people i know don,t even look at night sky and think what else is out there.i know that cause most people like my best m8 who i,ve tried to speak to about it is like don,t be daft,not interested,nothing out there and thats it.

i look up every night and think how many planets round that star or is that star i,m looking at have planets with life who may be looking back?

think what i,m trying to say is that its sad that everyone is pretty oblivious to whats above us and is cocooned to just what happens on planet earth and never gives a thought of whats beyond.

does anyone else feel the frustration when you try to discuss it with people and its like a conversation thats over in seconds cause no1s interested.

this maybe in wrong forum cause i,m now thinking it should be in rant,please feel free to move lol

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So should we quit our jobs and go up the highest hill and ponder life's great questions for the rest of our lives?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I thought about that stuff when I was ten years old. I know there is life out there but even communication with them is out of our reach. Maybe through a mind link it may be possible but not with a radio. So I'll worry about that when we can do something about it. We have a hard enough time trying to peacefully communicate with other humans on the planet, doing something about that is more important.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im with you buddy, yer NOT the LONE RANGER, my friend.
Those of us who do what you do........well we learned to be circumspect early it seems....
But goddamn nice to get a few of us all into a converse sometimes....
As far as finding others who share these thoughts....well, cherish them when you do...............

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

no i,m not saying that i,m just saying i think its quite sad that most people just live in this cocoon and don,t look beyond to what else maybe out there,think everybody should be aware.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
are you wanting aliens to take you away and probe you sparky you do know that's what they do
no fun run round the block with those greys or ky gel just the missing time
and sore botty joking bud .

i know where you are coming from years ago i was out with the dog looking up at the sky one night when a woman i knew past me and asked what i was looking at when i told her the planets she walked away and said to her friend what a weird guy

i bet patrick moore never got that or maybe the telescope was for looking into birds bedrooms
you just never know where you from in scotland fellow jock

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey Sparky,
I hear you! I'm always looking up at the sky and wondering what exactly is going on out there, lol.

When I was younger and busier, I didn't think about it as much. When I hurt my back and had to quit working, I suddenly found myself pondering more and more. Which eventually led me to this site.

I think it's great to be curious! (Unless you're a cat. You know, because curiosity killed the....*sigh*)

Anyways...don't be too hard on the busy people...it's not really their fault. Maybe not even their time yet.
You will find a lot of people on here who share your views. (And a lot who will try to shred them, too.)
Makes for great reading, lol.
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Exploration of space and the universe is the ultimate conclusion to how our race evolves. I don't understand why people wont make the effort now since we are going to end up there eventually anyway. It should be priority number one, but alas, won't be until there is a better reason for it.

Instead we will occupy ourselves by killing each other over flags (territories and resources) for the next couple hundred years instead.

War brings innovation, not the will to move beyond the planet.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That was over the top. Maybe not watch so much TV and you may not make obtuse statements like this?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

no i,m not saying that i,m just saying i think its quite sad that most people just live in this cocoon and don,t look beyond to what else maybe out there,think everybody should be aware.

Yes we are such a small minority. The topic of this thread has brought up something that is happening to me at the moment. My 14 year old daughter is very much like me. And after years of watching me on ats and my obsession with watching the doc channels, shes just become seriously interested in the world of mysteries, ufos etc. Sometimes shes feels frustratred because she cant understand something, things or sometimes something upsets her. Sometimes, i feeli havent been a responsible parent for doing this to her. . I just feel its so important for her to know the truth.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

does anyone else feel the frustration when you try to discuss it with people and its like a conversation thats over in seconds cause no1s interested.

Not frustrated. Learned thru my experiences
to present LIGHT in sparks to SOME as to not BURN their consciousness and lose their patience -focuses/attention with shares of beyond...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Before even thinking to go to the stars, which I did since many years, we should think about ending the madness happening here on earth. After the clean up of the mess would be done, then it would be a great idea.

Going to the stars right now I see it as intelligence lacking wisdom of what is happening right now.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I enjoy looking into space and contemplating the vastness and complexity. I look up aften
I also enjoy Geology, so I look down often, at the rocks beneath my feet.

This sometimes gives me a form of slow motion whiplash. and I am not kidding.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think to a lot of people the idea that we aren't alone scares them. What we see in the night sky is nothing compared to what's really out there and that alone is scary to many so they choose to not even think about how much of a peon we all really are.

Historically there were groups of people who didn't go into the forests alone because of the unknown and fear that something out there would get them. Stories that the devil lived in the woods fueled this. Maybe this is similar to what's going on now with space. Space is the newest forest in which people are afraid to look into because now Aliens, the new devil, may get them... or maybe it's just pure disinterest in their surroundings.

I love looking up into space and know if I do die and become untethered from this planet I'm leaving this blue ball to see what else is out there.
edit on 10-8-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
So should we quit our jobs and go up the highest hill and ponder life's great questions for the rest of our lives?

Don't be patronizing/
What you here for?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
One of my mates didn't even know our sun was a star...

I told him it was a star just like the other ones you see in the sky, he was like WOW! I never knew that...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Looking up at the stars is something i always do. Wondering whats up there. I also like to look up when im thinking of something, Or someone. Get a quiet hill and watch the stars go by

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Most people are still rather primitive at heart, like our cave man ancestors.Their biggest aspirations in life are,eating,drinking,pooping and sex, if they get those 4 things on a regular basis they don`t care about anything else.Much like our ancient ancestors, once those 4 needs are met most people would be perfectly happy to sit and stare at a cave wall while picking their nose.
Even with all the modern technology most people are still basically cave men at heart, take away all the modern technology and most people will revert to their primitive nature.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I enjoy looking into space and contemplating the vastness and complexity. I look up aften
I also enjoy Geology, so I look down often, at the rocks beneath my feet.

This sometimes gives me a form of slow motion whiplash. and I am not kidding.

Thats funny
And just so not to get a offtopic ban, i love watching the stars as well. Now be careful of your neck.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Before even thinking to go to the stars, which I did since many years, we should think about ending the madness happening here on earth. After the clean up of the mess would be done, then it would be a great idea.

Going to the stars right now I see it as intelligence lacking wisdom of what is happening right now.

Thruthseek3r

I agree, we are much too primitive in nature to even be thinking about going into space, mankind would be the turd in the punchbowl of the comos.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join