It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl disaster now a safe haven for wildlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
over the past 27 years Chernobyl has been reclaimed by wild life plants and trees,once endangered species are now growing in huge numbers,and the radiation seems to have little to non effect on them, all the animals look very healthy,yesterday i watched this documentary and it was probably one of the best i have seen in a long time,i was shocked to see how well life can flourish in an highly radioactive environment,and it has given me hope that in the event of ww3 life could definitely continue.

edit on 10-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Nature sure doesn't take long to reclaim what's hers, does she? Perhaps they ought to make the exclusion zone a perm. thing and totally secondary to what threat levels indicate into the future. Leave it for all time as a decaying monument to man's arrogance...even if it hadn't been enough to teach us all, by itself.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

chnoble should be human free for around 1000 or so years and no hunters go near it becouse of the contamination and the radiation has also been beneficial for some species they seem to breed more ,fukushima will most likely become a wild life safe haven too.

join