It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive water overruns Fukushima barrier - TEPCO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Just a final note for awhile on this, as a fellow follower of the story from the start.

I think we're beyond generic "someone" references and it may irritate the Japanese to hear an American say it, but it's not MY nation being killed by this first. It's theirs. As much as folks complain that Americans do nothing to solve our problems? Japan's bugaboo is causing immediate destruction on never before seen levels within the environment, as only one factor.

The Japanese people need to find that spark and zeal that made them one of the most powerful societies in history, less than a century ago. No need for the worst parts, of course...but no one outside the Japanese themselves can stop TEPCO and the Tokyo regime which is and has allowed this from the start.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I don't see it happening anytime soon until maybe forced with the reality of relocation, if that ever is considered. Japan has been in a terrible economic state for a long time, which isn't getting better, and is mostly funded by the Japanese people buying into government bonds and other intra-country expenditures.

No one knows that state of the fuel in the reactors to my knowledge. No one really knows where the fuel is because cameras cannot get that close. In reality there is the reality that there is a hotspot melting through the Earth, next to the Pacific ocean, and has no way of stopping. This could mean a 200km evacuation zone around the contaminated reactors, which includes Tokyo.

It is very significant for tepco to now openly admit it has problems, but how long will it take for the Japanese government to admit it and react to the situation appropriately?

If Japan has to evacuate, what nearby nation would take them in?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

When the law dont work you take the law into your own hands. When the system is broken you tear it down and start again. Most Americans dont know about Japan because its not in the MSM.
The ones that do know about it dont care because we are half a world away.....how can it effect us here mentality.

We have all the power of the world combined, if only people would wake up to this fact and unite for a greater good.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's a nice example of anarchocapitalism, at any rate. Right up there with fracking.

Those who own the means of destruction of the planet are free to do so.

Where is that guy, anyway? The just let us do whatever-we-want school guy, with the private prisons dream and the fire departments that let pets die because they didn't send the fire store a check in time?

# 36

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Given your name and mini-profile location, I imagine you know better than I how complex a question evacuation would become. I know it's hard for some out there to imagine at all, and even friends I show headlines too don't really 'get it', but Japan caused DEEP and hard feelings from World War II. Feelings that still drive some nation's policies, at least in part.

It's not fair...it's not right. Japan's refusal to fully detail some areas of history or not as a factor, it's just too long to hold it against them.

Still, some sure do ..and so, where indeed? If they had to evacuate? The U.S. may be the better options to other Asian nations. Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This reminds me of when you buy something you don't need for a bunch of money, and when asked by your significant other how much it costs you tell them it cost half what it actually did....Whatever number they say can probably be at least doubled. This is terrible news....not that it's news to anyone on this board...I doubt most people can even grasp what the implications of this are.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
something as completely dire and planet threatening as this is utterly non-existent on the news on any level and that is what scares me because it leads me to believe that this issue is so enormous that no one is saying anything because there's nothing anyone can do and like their reason for not admitting aliens exist, they don't want to create mass panic and we're all screwed.

i realize in the big picture it's still early but i'm still surprised that mutations and death tolls aren't staggering and it's that reason, i think, is why the world isn't freaking out like it actually should be.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Wow, they really crapped in the punch bowl this time, it might only be a little turd to some people but it`s a turd that`s going to be in the punch bowl for a very very long time. combine this turd with all the other ones and the punch bowl is really starting to smell and look like a toilet.

A great analogy!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Around 300 tons of highly radioactive water has been flooding into the pacific ocean on a daily basis for the last 2 years... Tepco only admitted that last week. I am still trying to make sense of that information, the blatant cover up and the almost suicidal lack of action on the part of the Japanese government.
Do you think its suicidal ? that would imply they know how to stop it but just won't for some reason.

The way I see it is nuke power plants have been built all over the world with "NO" contingency to fix or stop something like this at all............................No one has a clue what to do.

Now that would imply that the "idiots" that are building these plants have "suicidal tendency's" in that they would rather fill there pockets then consider the consequences of a melt down with no idea of how to stop it.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Japan will have to be evacuated soon. I feel for the people there, poisoned by the greedy hands of corporatist pigs.

These men are a plague upon the earth that must be wiped out sooner than later or we'll all be finished.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't think it's true that no-one cares, it's simply that they are helpless to do anything about it.
The planet is run by a bunch of criminal cartels who really don't give a flying f*ck about what the future looks like, so long as they can get mega rich in their own lifetimes. There's nobody to turn to to put things right, because the whole show is corrupt.

It's a power company - not a "criminal cartel." Why do folks have to exaggerate to the n'th degree any time something bad happens? No one has any personal responsibility. No one complains about all the nice power they have - they want the benefits, but are ready to ravage a company if something bad happens. How many U.S. plants have you actively raised support against to try and reduce or remove nuclear power? I'd wager none. Like almost everyone else. No one has a problem with them.. until there is a problem.

I'm not even saying TEPCO handled this very well. They didn't - and their government didn't, and the UN hasn't either. But stop acting as if the mob purposely is trying to poison the planet. They were hit by a huge EQ and ensuing tsunami - it's not as if companies are prepared for that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Japan will have to be evacuated soon. I feel for the people there, poisoned by the greedy hands of corporatist pigs.

These men are a plague upon the earth that must be wiped out sooner than later or we'll all be finished.
Its already to late........they have killed us first.

Second

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This video was posted yesterday and shows a projected model of the northern hemisphere basin "with cesium reaching US in coming years. This is based off of initial cesium numbers, not the new ones."
[yvid]

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I assume they are in favor of the most cost effective means of clean up, in this case, the anarchocapitalist default mode. Just let it bleed out to sea. Thank God there's an ocean right there at their disposal.

If they could build a pipeline to jet the radioactivity far out to sea, they would. They would lose face though.

There is nothing worse than being a man without a face, in Japan. Makes no difference to me.

I'm a beach girl, at heart.

Wonder what the P.O.W. is in Japan. There's no listing. It used to be a part of their storied culture. But it makes you 'sing like a bird'. It makes you discern great beauty, where there may, in fact, be little or none. I heard that some users look at their face, under it's influence, and get twisted. So maybe it's better this way. cough.

Yes, let the twisted decide our fate. Influence our outcome, shape our being.

If only by 'default'. What could possibly go wrong?

# 37 no reason
edit on 10-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

First of all,I Love your avatar-All things serve The Beam

On topic I have been avoiding canned tuna,I only use fish from the Atlantic off the Southern African coast,or from Mozambique,a neighbouring country close by.
The hubby was'nt convinced but has stopped buying tuna for himself I see-maybe all my digs about his hot isotope sandwiches are working:-)

Seriously I don't have an idea what to say about this nightmare-we are leaving for our children and our descendants a dark legacy.Future generations will curse us one day-seeing I believe in reincarnation-i could say we will one day curse ourselves.I have a feeling Fukushima is not going to be the last nuclear catastrophe.Please may I be wrong about that!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Philippines

Given your name and mini-profile location, I imagine you know better than I how complex a question evacuation would become. I know it's hard for some out there to imagine at all, and even friends I show headlines too don't really 'get it', but Japan caused DEEP and hard feelings from World War II. Feelings that still drive some nation's policies, at least in part.

It's not fair...it's not right. Japan's refusal to fully detail some areas of history or not as a factor, it's just too long to hold it against them.

Still, some sure do ..and so, where indeed? If they had to evacuate? The U.S. may be the better options to other Asian nations. Just my two cents.

a very god point. pretty much EVERY OTHER COUNTRY in Asia is still PO'D at Japan over ww2 and the atrocities Japan performed on them during the war. in a way i suspect that the Jews still have similar feelings towards the Germans, and i rather suspect that in the end the Germans were "nice guys" compared to the Japanese.

in all honesty the Japanese tourists have not helped things either as they are generally arrogant and act superior to everyone else when i see them out and about the Philippines. they are even worse than the "UGLY AMERICAN stereotype from what i have seen as they strut about like they still own the place. nope there is no 'love lost" when it comes to how well "liked" the Japanese are by their neighbors.

hmm how about Australia? don't they have a lot of empty land just sitting around, like deserts that the Japanese could settle on? or how about Siberia (oops sorry the Russians may hate the Japanese even more and for longer than most of Asia
, i actually wonder who they hate/distrust more after ww2 the Germans or the Japanese
). personally i don't want them in Canada even in someplace like the Arctic. oh how about Antarctica, lots of space there, just be sure to tell them that no mining, industry, or NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS allowed.

yeah i would say they are screwed when it comes to relocation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Kamikaze and contaminated water
Posted by Mochizuki on August 10th, 2013

fukushima-diary.com...

Tepco’s planning to “bypass” the groundwater to the sea, which is supposed to be the last hope, but it is anticipated that it would gather additional groundwater from surrounding areas.

Fukushima nuclear plant is surrounded by the mountain and the sea. 1,000 tones of groundwater comes from the mountain to the plant, and is changed to be the contaminated water when it flows to the sea.

Tepco was stating they are going to pump up the water before it’s contaminated upstream of the plant buildings, and discharge it to the sea.

Probably the pumped water would be already contaminated. However, it was almost their last hope.

According to their simulation, due to the lessen pressure of groundwater, additional 600 tones of groundwater would flow to the plant even if they bypass it.

After all, the volume of water to flow into the plant and the sea would not be decreased.

The “bypass project” would end up being just a “performance” for the international world.

Arnold Gundersen, founder and president of Fairewinds Associates, suggested to the Voice of Russia on August 7, 2013 that radioactive material spilling from the Fukushima nuclear plant will continue to spill into the Pacific Ocean for 20 to 30 years. “This water is the most radioactive water I’ve ever experienced,” said Gundersen

Scientists developed and applied a mathematical model that estimates contaminated water could reach the US west coast in as little as three to five years.

eponline.com...

fairewinds.org...

“Japan Gov’t in Chaos”: Completely out of control at Fukushima — Melted reactor cores contaminating Pacific with full range of radioactive material (VIDEO)

It’s very likely that some of the radioactive material — the melted cores — have moved into the earth.

So it’s beyond containment right now.

I think that’s the tragedy that we see unfolding as Fukushima’s radioactive water crisis is only beginning

enenews.com...

edit on 10-8-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

Originally posted by Atzil321
Around 300 tons of highly radioactive water has been flooding into the pacific ocean on a daily basis for the last 2 years... Tepco only admitted that last week. I am still trying to make sense of that information, the blatant cover up and the almost suicidal lack of action on the part of the Japanese government.

Yes, and with today's news, it appears Tepco only brought this back to the table last week, because they anticipated today's developments - the implications of which are likely so grave, that they will be unable to further conceal the situation's reality.
edit on 10-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

I really dislike saying this (practising elimanating the word "hate" from my vocabulary - it's hard - LOL) but it may be a good thing in the long history of suffering cause by atomic/nuclear weapons and power. I don't think we've ever really heard the truth - perhaps now (when it's too late????) we will and will turn our GLOBAL efforts away from war to actually saving ourselves and all life on this planet.

Thank you MariaLida for keeping up with this!!!

edit on 10-8-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

I don't think it's true that no-one cares, it's simply that they are helpless to do anything about it.
The planet is run by a bunch of criminal cartels who really don't give a flying f*ck about what the future looks like, so long as they can get mega rich in their own lifetimes. There's nobody to turn to to put things right, because the whole show is corrupt.

It's a power company - not a "criminal cartel." Why do folks have to exaggerate to the n'th degree any time something bad happens? No one has any personal responsibility. No one complains about all the nice power they have - they want the benefits, but are ready to ravage a company if something bad happens. How many U.S. plants have you actively raised support against to try and reduce or remove nuclear power? I'd wager none. Like almost everyone else. No one has a problem with them.. until there is a problem.

I'm not even saying TEPCO handled this very well. They didn't - and their government didn't, and the UN hasn't either. But stop acting as if the mob purposely is trying to poison the planet. They were hit by a huge EQ and ensuing tsunami - it's not as if companies are prepared for that sort of thing.

In this case, I believe, hyperbole, is appropriate.

It is all our responsilbity. I know people don't like that idea but it's the only one that can save us - we all have a part to play in the solution. But in order to be part of the solution, one's needs to accept responsibility for the propblem.

Especially those of us in the US. Though I believe this 'technology' would have come about regardless, we pursued it with a passion, used it on civilans (talk about terrorism) and were instramental in sparking the "cold war". We succomed to the "Nazi Meme" and became a threat to the entire world.

I'm not excusing other peoples part in this, nor am I necessarily saying that it wasn't a necessary action at the time. But, to continue and sell 'atomic' powere as the hope of the future after seeing the horror is unconscionable. We are responsible for that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
People have their heads buried in the sand. This will not change until the cancer numbers go off the hook. Make no mistake Fuku is affecting all life on this planet. Whether it is directly from exposure or indirectly through the food chain.

I said it when it happened, Fukushima is an ELE event. It just may take decades to exact it's final price. Food wars are gonna be huge once people realize that 80% of the worlds fish are or soon will be contaminated.

They are already finding high amounts of radiation off California's coasts and in quite a few Pacific fish species. The cows and land mammals eat the grass, we eat them because we can't/don't want to eat the fish.....

We humans are screwed and quite honestly, we don't deserve any better.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWhiteKnight
It's a nice example of anarchocapitalism, at any rate. Right up there with fracking.

Those who own the means of destruction of the planet are free to do so.

Where is that guy, anyway? The just let us do whatever-we-want school guy, with the private prisons dream and the fire departments that let pets die because they didn't send the fire store a check in time?

# 36

Terrific term "Anarcho-Capitalism". May I use it???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join