It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Video Proof - Obama says, Increase Energy Costs To Change behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Over the years, ATS members have speculated that Obama was involved in rising energy costs. And of course these theories were always quickly laid to rest since there was no proof. But what if I told you that I have this proof?

Here is one such "conspiracy" thread from ATS, right here:
Obamanomics: Price Of Gas +83%, Ground Beef +24%, Bacon +22%

When Obama entered the White House in January 2009, the city average price for one gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $1.79, according to the BLS. (The figures are in nominal dollars: not adjusted for inflation.) Five months later in June, unleaded gasoline was $2.26 per gallon, an increase of 26 percent. By December 2011, the price of regular unleaded gas per gallon was $3.28, an 83 percent increase from January 2009.

I really hope this wasn't purposeful. High energy costs are not something you throw at a bad economy. Anyways, here is the video.

I think it is important for us to send some price signals to change behavior, you know. If electricity goes up, people start becoming more mindful of their electricity bill.

Sept 8, 2012

Gas prices have risen despite the fact that, according to the U.S. Energy Information Association, domestic crude oil production increased from 5.0 million barrels per day in 2008 to 5.5 million barrels per day in 2010. That same year marked the first time in 13 years the country imported less than 50 percent of the oil the United States consumed, a trend continued in 2011.

Obama’s ‘Gone to Great Lengths’ to Keep Gas Prices High, Ryan Says

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's all part of the plan.

People are forgetting what Obama said, and they certainly aren't paying attention to what he is doing.

It's commie Cloward-Piven on a runaway train.

We are nearing the point of no return.

The sleight-of-hand is getting the best of us.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the New York bank are exchanging drafts of an agreement that would result in J.P. Morgan paying hundreds of millions of dollars, these people said. The fine, they said, likely will be larger than the record $435 million fine levied by FERC on Tuesday against British bank Barclays BARC.LN +0.05% PLC for its alleged manipulation of the California energy markets from 2006 to 2008. Barclays said on Wednesday that it intends to fight the matter in court.

The settlement discussions had included a possible fine of close to $1 billion, but the figure has gotten smaller as talks have progressed, these people said.

It isn't clear whether J.P. Morgan will admit wrongdoing as part of a settlement, and the discussions still could fall apart, the people close to the talks said. Spokesmen for J.P. Morgan and FERC declined to comment.

WSJ

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So what does that have to do with the high energy costs in the rest of the country?

Second wants to know what too.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Perfect example of the .... you know what...

The Marxist / Corporatist agenda.

The paid for government allows the agenda to siphon the money and only return tidbits.

It all looks good and all is forgiven.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The solution to high beef prices is to eat more chicken.

Don't expect the prices to go down on any of this stuff. Make substitutes and alternative plans instead of complaining about high prices.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
It's all part of the plan.

People are forgetting what Obama said, and they certainly aren't paying attention to what he is doing.

It's commie Cloward-Piven on a runaway train.

We are nearing the point of no return.

The sleight-of-hand is getting the best of us.

This seems all to similar to his Obamacare rates for smokers. Do you know that the smokers surcharge is $3520 per year per person? So in a 2 smoker household, the price of your health insurance goes up by $7041.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yep.

They aren't screwing around anymore.

The chickenfeed is over with.

They want thousands now for every hit.

People need to stop the train.

We are at defcon 2 on the commie scale.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by elouina

Don't expect the prices to go down on any of this stuff. Make substitutes and alternative plans instead of complaining about high prices.

The high prices don't affect me any. But they certainly affect those on limited incomes. It sounds like you welcome Obama's ideology and are pushing his agenda. "Make substitutes and alternate plans".
Not everyone has that luxury. I wonder how much thought Obama gave this while flying on his gas guzzling Airforce One for his vacations around the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by elouina

The high prices don't affect me any. But they certainly affect those on limited incomes. It sounds like you welcome Obama's ideology and are pushing his agenda. "Make substitutes and alternate plans".
Not everyone has that luxury. I wonder how much thought Obama gave this while flying on his gas guzzling Airforce One for his vacations around the world.

Let me explain some basic economics to you, since obviously you don't get it.

Definition of 'Substitution Effect' The idea that as prices rise (or incomes decrease) consumers will replace more expensive items with less costly alternatives. Conversely, as the wealth of individuals increases, the opposite tends to be true, as lower-priced or inferior commodities are eschewed for more expensive, higher-quality goods and services - this is known as the income effect.

My statement is economics based. If beef is too expensive for a person, they have two choices. Don't eat meat, or substitute with another form of meat like chicken. This has to do with dollars and cents, and common sense.

And nothing to do with Obama, you braggart troll.

Sorry, I was laughing so hard, I forgot my source: Investpedia
edit on 8/10/13 by Ameilia because: add source

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Substitution effect becomes Stockholm effect.

The commodities markets are manipulated on a worldwide scale.

They create shortages and surpluses, many of which are phony.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Ameilia

Substitution effect becomes Stockholm effect.

The commodities markets are manipulated on a worldwide scale.

They create shortages and surpluses, many of which are phony.

And we have a winner!

Glad someone was able to understand the economics behind what I said.

Many of which are phony

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Unfortunately the poor can't afford more costly substitutions. Economy 101, "How To make The Working Poor Destitute, Raise Energy Costs". Perhaps you are saying that gas, electricity and heat are luxuries only to be afforded by the rich? Perhaps the poor should just walk to work, wear a coat at home, and maybe burn some candles? All while they wait for Obama's ingenious plan to work? Are you people paid to sit at keyboards all day defending Obama? Sheez!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Ameilia

Unfortunately the poor can't afford more costly substitutions. Economy 101, "How To make The Working Poor Destitute, Raise Energy Costs". Perhaps you are saying that gas, electricity and heat are luxuries only to be afforded by the rich? Perhaps the poor should just walk to work, wear a coat at home, and maybe burn some candles? All while they wait for Obama's ingenious plan to work? Are you people paid to sit at keyboards all day defending Obama? Sheez!

If you want to post an economics based thread, beware of the people who actually understand economics. There are several on this board.

Perhaps you are saying that gas, electricity and heat are luxuries only to be afforded by the rich?

Where do you see me mention gas, electricity, or heat? You don't. You are a troll.

Perhaps the poor should just walk to work

Where do you see me mention anyone walking to work? You don't. You are a troll.

wear a coat at home, and maybe burn some candles?

Where do you see me mention wearing coats, or burning candles? You don't. You are a troll.

All while they wait for Obama's ingenious plan to work?

Where do you see me mention anything about Obama, Obama's plans, or whether they work out or don't? Once again, you don't see that, because I never mentioned it. You are a troll.

Are you people paid to sit at keyboards all day defending Obama? Sheez!

Where do you see me mention anything about Obama? You don't. You are troll.

Goodbye Troll.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Obama has been busted and your panties are in a bunch. Love it! More motivation for me to find the dirt. Not certain but I have something very unusual right now. Is catching the president in a FLAT OUT LIE a good one? A big big lie... And a very obvious lie. Do they impeach presidents for lying?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You know, I really thought this would get much more attention. Obama flat out admitted that his strategy was increasing energy costs to control use. Never mind the troll here trying to scare you away, I want to hear what you think.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Gas prices are helping to destroy the economy. I love roadtripping. If gas was lower many people would drive more often, further, and in leisure. What do people do when they get out? They spread their money around. They get exercise and don't stay in eating and watching brain rotting shows.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
and here he furthers the agenda.....

Mar 18, 2009 - Uploaded by BattleBornPAC
Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket ...

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

unless of course, he forgot to say "not"

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by elouina

Gas prices are helping to destroy the economy. I love roadtripping. If gas was lower many people would drive more often, further, and in leisure. What do people do when they get out? They spread their money around. They get exercise and don't stay in eating and watching brain rotting shows.

Most definitely! We have assistants at work that can barely afford to buy gas. Often I have asked, "hey why aren't you eating dinner?". Their reply? "oh I had to buy gas today".... I do treat them with food and coffee at times. The other day, I blew nearly $40 on Popeyes chicken. But I seem to be the only person who does this. Pity...

Oh and we have one person that I swear has been caught eating ketchp packs! This is the new working poor.

You know in theory, yeah the idea of increasing prices to force people to use less can work. But only if there are no poor in this country. And like our "economist" said up above, use substitutes. Who needs heat, just wear 10 blankets and breath on your pipes so they don't freeze...

new topics

top topics

join