It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what object I saw last night (August 8, 2013). Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey,

I saw something in the sky last night and I'm not sure what it was. When I first saw it, I didn't even think much of it. It was moving really slowly (my video recording was just really poor so it looks like it's going all over the place, but it was actually moving very smoothly) over my house and I figured it must have been some type of blimp or something because it was completely silent.

I saw this object on August 8th, 2013 at about 10:45 pm pacific time in Port McNeill, BC, Canada. I have a bit more description in the youtube links to the vids, but my video footage is very poor.

Description: It had one very bright white light at the front of it and a very dim light at the end of it. It was a very long and skinny object with a light at the front and one at the back of it. I could actually see the outline and bottom (it flew right over my house) of the entire object even though it was so dark outside. The best I can describe it as is kinda like a blimp/very long object. Do blimps have lights like this at night?

It was flying quite low, especially compared to the height that planes normally fly at around here. It was flying much lower than the average plane, but I don't think I'd be able to give a rough estimate of its elevation.

Based on my description, do you have any guesses as to what it could have been?

I took 2 quick vids which both turned out really poorly, but I will include the vids as well. They are both very short. One is 6 seconds long and the the other vid only has footage of the object for the first 19 seconds (don't waste time watching the rest of it), but the footage is pretty bad because I zoomed in as much as I could in the hopes that I could capture the actual shape of the object.

Camera used: Nikon Coolpix L110

The one weird thing to me is that I originally posted about this in the Quebec ufo thread last night and then a few minutes later another forum member (Deniro) from Kelowna BC also posted about seeing an object in the sky that seemed to have a similar description to the object that I saw. This kind of surprised me because when I saw the object going over my house it was going very slowly and there is no way for it to have gotten to Kelowna in that amount of time at that speed unless it decided to speed up after it was out of my view. Either that or it could have been a completely different object that may have just looked similar.

In the next post, I'm going to paste all of the posts that Deniro and I had in that Quebec ufo thread. Deniro also has footage of this object and I will post that as well. Deniro didn't post a thread because he said he doesn't have enough posts yet to post a thread. Since there was such an eerie timing that we both had in posting about the objects that we saw (not sure if the same or just similar), I still wanted to include his info.

When I look at the first two posts that we had, it honestly kinda looks like we were just rephrasing the same thing, but I promise I do not know this forum user Deniro and I'm not trying to pull some dumb prank. I'm honestly just wondering if you may be able to throw out some guesses as to what type of object I may have seen in the sky based on my brief description. I apologize again for my poor video footage because I know it's pretty much useless in trying to help identify the object.

My 2 vids: First vid is only a few seconds long. 2nd vid only has footage of the object for the first 19 seconds (don't bother with the rest of the vid. I was trying to run to the other side of my house to get more footage of it after it went over my house and the roof was blocking my view). I give a more detailed description in the youtube links if wanted to read it.

Deniro's vid from Kelowna BC:

edit on 10-8-2013 by phoenixlights321 because: added videos

Deniro, if you I have misquoted anything or if you believe we actually saw 2 different objects based on my further info, please let me know. I figured I might as well make a thread on it.
edit on 10-8-2013 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Posts that Deniro and I made in the Quebec thread last night:

Originally posted by phoenixlights321
Hey guys,

I'm not trying to derail this thread, but I didn't think my question deserved a new thread.

I was just outside looking at the sky and noticed an object moving. It had a bright light at the front of it and a dimmer/faint light at the end of it. It looked pretty long and the best way I can describe it is probably a blimp shape. It was totally silent in the sky and travelling pretty slowly. There were only 2 lights on it, but even with just those 2 lights I could kind of see the outline of the object. (I just saw it at about 10:45 pm pacific time). It wasn't too high up. I'm from a small town on vancouver island and I've never seen something like that in the night's sky before.

My question: Do you think it was a blimp? I'm not sure how blimps are lit up at night. I tried googling them and the entire thing seemed to be lit up in those pics.

What do you think? I was just actually outside to see if i could catch any meteors and this thing decides to fly by. I was watching it for as long as i could and then i thought i should grab a camera. i didn't think of grabbing one quicker because I know my camera would suck at recording at night, but I think I have at least a few seconds of it near the end, but really shaky and only one light is visible. (If it's not terrible, i'll upload it tomorrow morning)

Do you think it was a blimp? It was really big.

Originally posted by Deniro
Cool video I just filmed a UFO sighting here in Kelowna Canada.It was definitely something weird that I have never seen.It was approximately 11:00 pm and the sky was clear and full of stars.Got the whole thing on video but it is on my cell phone camera and wont be super quality.my phone has 8 megapixel camera.My 10 year old daughter was with me and we were walking around the block.We saw the same UFO like an hour earlier and I didn't not manage to video the encounter and later we went for walk and what do you know..the same UFO was coming right at us and above our heads.It was one bigger one and brighter on the front and a tiny one behind it which let out a glow and faded out again.I managed to capture that on video it was awesome.There was no sound what soever coming from this thing and it just kept going until it disappeared.

I'm sorry I don't want to hijack this thread but i'm just super exited,Cant post yet as I don't have enough post to make my own.

Cool video I just filmed a UFO sighting here in Kelowna Canada.It was definitely something weird that I have never seen.It was approximately 11:00 pm and the sky was clear and full of stars.Got the whole thing on video but it is on my cell phone camera and wont be super quality.my phone has 8 megapixel camera.My 10 year old daughter was with me and we were walking around the block.We saw the same UFO like an hour earlier and I didn't not manage to video the encounter and later we went for walk and what do you know..the same UFO was coming right at us and above our heads.It was one bigger one and brighter on the front and a tiny one behind it which let out a glow and faded out again.I managed to capture that on video it was awesome.There was no sound what soever coming from this thing and it just kept going until it disappeared.

I'm sorry I don't want to hijack this thread but i'm just super exited,Cant post yet as I don't have enough post to make my own.

Woah! I'm on vancouver island. Did you see the post right above yours?! It sounds like we may have seen a similar object. :S Also, are you on CDC?
edit on 9-8-2013 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

either that or are you just mocking my post?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Posts from Deniro and I continued from Quebec thread:

reply to post by phoenixlights321

I swear i didnt even see your post but this is what I and my daughter witnessed tonight.Truly exciting!

I just read your post and we did see the same thing indeed.When i was filming the dimmer light let out a burst and then went back to the way it was.I got it all on video.I cant believe this thing was all the way on V|ancouver Island as I am all the way in Kelowna that's like what..3-4 hours away.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Deniro because: (no reason given)

I swear i didnt even see your post but this is what I and my daughter witnessed tonight.Truly exciting!

I just read your post and we did see the same thing indeed.When i was filming the dimmer light let out a burst and then went back to the way it was.I got it all on video.I cant believe this thing was all the way on V|ancouver Island as I am all the way in Kelowna that's like what..3-4 hours away.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Deniro because: (no reason given)

Yeah and I'm on the north tip of Vancouver Island which makes it even further. It was going so damn slow too! Maybe there's more than 1? Either that or it must have just taken off after it was out of my view.

Again, apologies for bringing this up in a dif thread. This is really eerie to me.

I'll wait until there is a thread made about this, but I'm glad I at least have a little documentation about it.

Yeah me to Ill just wait until I get enough post count and then will post the video.But the video doesn't do justice to what my own eyes saw tonight.

Ok will do im just a bit embarrassed or the foul language I used during the course of making the video.And I know I was next to my 10 year old daughter its just something that came out of me and I usually don't use strong language like that around kids.
Will post this on YouTube and then if the OP wont mind Ill post the link here.

Here is the video I recorded and please try to ignore the bad commentary lol.I edited some f bombs that came out of my mout due to being excited.

Ufo in Kelowna

reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

That could very well be possible however in this case I see planes go by every day and there is significant noise coming from them.This object was quiet no noise at all and where I live its fairly small city. But its always common to have people try to associate something like this to something like a Cessna or hot air balloons and other stuff.If you scroll up you will see there is another poster who witness the same UFO and he is 5-6 hours away from where I live so either it was more than one of this things or this thing was moving really fast .

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Would love to believe these are UFO videos...but it really makes it difficult to see what the objects do in the footage when the camera is bobbing and weaving all over the place.

I do find it interesting that your report is similar to that of a Quebecois [and fellow Kelownian]. It is not unusual that UFOs have been seen in Canadian skies. Maybe more skywatchers will come forth with same experience in next few days as well. I too will keep a eye out in the sky for ya too!

edit on 10-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yeah, I apologize for the 2 terrible vids/shaking and realize no one would be able to figure out anything from them.

I'm just hoping that some other users can suggest some possible man-made objects that may match my short description (long object with one bright white light (did not flash) at the front and a very dim light at the back of it and moving silently).

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yeah, I apologize for the 2 terrible vids/shaking and realize no one would be able to figure out anything from them.

I'm just hoping that some other users can suggest some possible man-made objects that may match my short description (long object with one bright white light at the front and a very dim light at the back of it).

I have been there trying to capture objects in the sky at night, and even tried during the day. There were days my camera would shake like that especially if I tried zooming in on what I saw...so, I finally figured out the best way to zoom and capture without much shaking was to lie on my back and lock my elbows together somehow. Was better than standing for sure.

A couple of days ago I did see a bright object move from west to east in the sky at night(probably around 10pm?). It was pretty bright and bigger than a normal star. I didn't think much of it. It didn't move THAT fast. I would say slower than a satellite in space but appeared a little bit larger than one.

If I wasn't lazy to get my phone camera I could have taken a video of it. Like I said, I thought to myself it could have been a weird satellite. But I would be dumbfounded to find out there this could have been a UFO! I would be like damnit!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Tips to reduce or eliminate the shaking (when you don't have a tripod handy) is to place the side of the camera against a fixed structure (pole, wall, tree trunk) and hold it steady there while watching the viewfinder. Doing this, you can concentrate on keeping the subject in the frame, and not be worrying about keeping it steady (which makes it shake more actually).

From the description, it seems like some sort of lighter than air craft (blimp, dirigible, personal aircraft) that is not following the standard flight rules regarding proper lighting (red/green navigation lights). Odd that the navigation lights were not visible to you at all. Could be a hoaxer trying to make the news too if that's the case.

Try to find others in your area that may have seen it as well to compare notes on direction speed, sound, etc... to get a better idea of what it could have been.

(Sounds like the need for a product that contains both a personal radar gun and laser range finder, folks could carry with them to check these things on-the-spot).

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for posting we have time and date what direction to the object and what direction was it traveling

I posted this thread a while back with an old photography trick for keeping the camera steady and it's easy to keep it with the camera at all times.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
you as you already know are filming a star
while moving the camera around
do you really have nothing better to do
i pity your sad life

edit on 10-8-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
i pity your sad life

Given the camera he was using and shooting video NO I wasn't a star.
I pity your lack of knowledge

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

i pity your sad life

i never said you were a star

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey just found this thread and I will describe the whole encounter as accurate as possible.

My Daughter and I decided to go to the park so she can play a little and this was approximately like 10:00 pm give or take.
There was 2 kids in the park there already and my Daughter started to play with them and knows them from school.Id say 10-15 minutes later those kids were living and the boy started to call and tell me to come and check something out in the sky.I ran there and to my surprise there was this object flying in a straight line from SE to NW. I can clearly see a outline of some sort and was certain this was one object with one bright light on the front and one small barely visible light in the back and this object seem kinda long.
I watched it for a minute before it went behind some trees.I tried to film it with my phone camera but messed up and only managed to get video couple of seconds long.
So I decided to go home and around 11:00 pm my Daughter started to bug me about going out for a walk around the block so we did.As we came around the block on Sutherland av I saw this star like light coming toward us from the West and it seemed like it was really far but it only took the light to come close like a minute or two I guess.As it came closer I noticed another smaller and less brighter light behind the bigger and brighter one.Right away I knew this is the same object i saw an hour earlier.This time I made sure I got the phone camera working and started to film this thing.It literally passed right over our heads and before it did the smaller light lit up really bright and went back to the way it was before. I managed to get that on video and it can be seen in the beginning .As this thing was passing over us it was just gliding and no sound or anything could be heard coming from it.I kept the camera on it as it got smaller and finally disappeared towards the North.
All I can say is i wish I had a better video camera but it is what it is.I know what we saw was not any kind of plane or blimp.This thing was long and odd looking for sure.

I also had an encounter like 10 years ago here in Kelowna as well and ever since that encounter I started to look at the sky more often so I can see whats flying up there.I'm glad I did this time or I would have missed this thing.I hope other people saw this object and come forward.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Deniro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deniro

Hi Thanks for that going by the description most likely a light aircraft.

.As we came around the block on Sutherland av I saw this star like light coming toward us from the West and it seemed like it was really far but it only took the light to come close like a minute or two I guess.As it came closer I noticed another smaller and less brighter light behind the bigger and brighter one.Right away I knew this is the same object i saw an hour earlier.This time I made sure I got the phone camera working and started to film this thing.It literally passed right over our heads and before it did the smaller light lit up really bright and went back to the way it was before. I managed to get that on video and it can be seen in the beginning .As this thing was passing over us it was just gliding and no sound or anything could be heard coming from it.I kept the camera on it as it got smaller and finally disappeared towards the North.

The marker bottom left Sutherland Ave the airport is to the North of that location.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Hmm I don't know I see aircraft every day and night this was not for sure.What kind of Aircraft flies with no sound?This thing had no blinking lights at all which I am sure are required for any kind of aircraft.The smaller light lit up only once and then stayed dimly lit for the rest of the video.Now I knew that people would not believe what I have seen and they always lean towards the aircraft explanation but in this case I'm not sure I can agree with that.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Deniro

What you have to consider is VIDEO QUALITY, you have know idea of the distance it is, you have no idea of the size and then the quality of the device recording the light yet in that direction lies an airport so what is more likely

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

i pity your sad life

i never said you were a star

never noticed that it wasn't a star !!!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thanks for posting we have time and date what direction to the object and what direction was it traveling

I posted this thread a while back with an old photography trick for keeping the camera steady and it's easy to keep it with the camera at all times.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link...checked it out and left a question for you there.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey, I was hiking with two friends in Strathcona Park on Vancouver Island in early August, I believe it was on the 8th, and we saw a similar object pass over twice in the same night. One bright light in the front and one dim one in the back, and flying at what height? We couldn't tell because, like you guys described, there was no noise. Funny we were hoping to see a ufo, but we heard that they don't usually fly in a linear direction. We were trying to call them using Dr Steven Greer's CE-5 meditation exercises, but we are not sure if what we saw was alien, but possibly could have been, and definitely worth sharing. The object didn't appear to have wings, there were a lot of stars out, and although we couldn't see the shape of the object, when it flew by other stars we couldn't see the outline of the wings. If it had been any kind of plane there definitely would have been noise, especially where we were where there was just pure silence. Also for it to be a very high flying plane it would have to have been kilometres long and exponentially longer to be a solid object in space. But it was no plane either a small plane or large jet at that size and distance would have made a lot of noise.

top topics

join