It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam: 'Jungle Men' Found Hiding From War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I remember when the Japanese guy was discovered living like that a few years ago. War can send some people off the deep end in which they simply don`t care anymore and just want to be left alone.

Stories like these make me more Anti-War than I already am.

A Japanese guy discovered a few years ago? Is this a new case? Wasn't it more like 30+ years ago?

In the case of Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungles, they were terrified of being captured by the Americans. They thought they had been abandoned by their outfits. They didn't know WWII was over.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Sorry but if the U.S. had conducted unrestricted B-52 strikes the war would have been over in a month.

6 minutes if we had just nuked em. The US dropped more bombs in Vietnam than all the allies did in world war II combined.

Need I remind you the idea was not to "win the war" but to stretch it out as long as possible in order to make as much money as possible. Sound familiar? Look at the middle East today. What a gravy train for the Industrial Military Complex. Endless war.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Why are humans always "rescuing" things?

My grand mother would come home every few months with a "rescued" dog. What that meant was, she took a free dog captive. It isn't like we live in the big city.

People, too. If you don't want to be a part of the society at large, you are deemed abnormal and commited for evaluation. They force you into our zoo, whether you like it or not. You are a captive of society.

I got the same impression as well.

In this video @ 1:14 the son is seen in hand cuffs.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Little green sonofabitch.....called a bamboo viper.....bout the size of a garter snake.....looks like a branch or twig till it bites you.....
Two steps...and yer dead....
No deposit, no return......just like that...................
The Two guys will be treated like freaks no doubt....the old man will croak soon, but the young fellas screwed.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I guess they had to put him in handcuffs "for his own good". It's all normal. A guy from the woods, he's not used to the rules of our society, so its only to be expected that he may need to be handcuffed from time to time... But don't you worry, by golly, we'll make him normal, or kill him in the process!
All's well!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reminds me of .. jungle book .. tarzan . will he try and escape back to the wild? would the let him go live back in the jungle or is here some law not allowing this?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I looked at the pictures in horror. Those poor men they must literally have shot from family life during the war back into some isolated pre-stone age. Well-done to Dad for keeping himself and his little son alive to reach manhood.

I do wonder if it may give some hope to Americans who lost family or friends during the war and whether they will be wondering if their loved ones are still alive and in the jungle? Someone you love dearly is thought dead, you never give up hope.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Um im sorry.

You say poor guys.

I say the dad is a fool. Or has a mental condition.

Didn't even try to get information on the condition of his country.

Subjecting his son to bark loin cloths...wtf

Is this story for real?
edit on 9-8-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

I think people who bombed his country also have a 'mental condition'.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The last Japanese soldiers surrendered in 1974, almost 30 years after the war ended.

Hiroo Onoda only surrendered to his former commander who flew to the Philippines were he had been hiding. "He turned over his sword, his Arisaka Type 99 rifle (in working order), 500 rounds of ammunition and several hand grenades, as well as the dagger his mother had given him in 1944 for protection."

I wonder how many more of these war refugees died in the jungles or may still be out there. War does terrible things, even to the survivors.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If anything just leave them a box of food and some supplies and leave.

Reminds me of the Russian family that was found after 40 years

Russian Siberian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact for 40 Years- Unaware of World War II !

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wait, is it illegal to live in the jungle? Were these guys on private property ? I'm not understanding why they need to try and integrate them into society..The poor guy is gonna end up institutionalized and have no idea why. Set them free if they aren't hurting anyone or bothering anyone

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Strange thing is he was arrested in September 2011 for shoplifting. Go figure.

UPD responded to the Hannaford on Mohawk St. for a shoplifter. He spoke with store security, who said that a male entered the store and placed several items of meat in his jacket. The man left the store without paying for them. The man was charged with the following: Arrested: Van Thanh Ho (42) Brinkerhoff Ave Utica Charges: Petit Larceny-misdemeanor

Are there shopping centers in the jungle?

Brinkerhoff Ave Utica New York City does have shopping centers.

edit on 10-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If we assume for a moment that US wartime activity is what drove him into the deep jungle to live the life he wanted to live, then why not come out in 1975? Hmm.. I'd going to guess the 2 million or so that the new Vietnamese Government killed over the years following the last American out probably had something to do with the guy deciding the fighting hadn't actually ended ...just changed nature and titles for who was who to shoot at. (twice what the Vietnam war is thought to have cost in lives lost, with combined force stats)

The poor wayward comrade must be made to see the benefits of integration and being one with The People though.

After all, places like China may have come a long way since Mao's little red book and agrarian cultures....but Vietnam sure hasn't come far, IMO. I'll bet he just wanted left alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This article is a case of creative writing. The true story is a guy living on the streets of New York City robbing grocery stores of meat and being caught. He was probably deported for being a illegal alien. When he got to his home country he did not even speak the language and ended up living in a tree in the jungle. A real survival story alright. How long was he living in the tree? He was deported after September 2011 when he was arrested in NYC. So not to many years i'm sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Sorry but if the U.S. had conducted unrestricted B-52 strikes the war would have been over in a month.

6 minutes if we had just nuked em. The US dropped more bombs in Vietnam than all the allies did in world war II combined.

Need I remind you the idea was not to "win the war" but to stretch it out as long as possible in order to make as much money as possible. Sound familiar? Look at the middle East today. What a gravy train for the Industrial Military Complex. Endless war.

For the most part I agree with your cynicism regarding the political influence of the military industrial complex during the 1960's.

I would point out that when it was all said and done the B-52's ended the war for the U.S.in 12 days...

Operation_Linebacker_II

Paris Peace Accords

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ionwind
The last Japanese soldiers surrendered in 1974, almost 30 years after the war ended.

Hiroo Onoda only surrendered to his former commander who flew to the Philippines were he had been hiding. "He turned over his sword, his Arisaka Type 99 rifle (in working order), 500 rounds of ammunition and several hand grenades, as well as the dagger his mother had given him in 1944 for protection."

I wonder how many more of these war refugees died in the jungles or may still be out there. War does terrible things, even to the survivors.

Thanks, Ionwind, for that info. 39 years ago. I heard stories that this guy (I'm pretty sure it's the same guy, Onoda) that while he was in the jungle, he regularly saw & spoke to his dead comrades.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Most would assume he had lost his mind during 29 years of solitude.
I would not be so quick to assume that.

It's entirely possible that the ghosts of these men (who had died sudden, violent, premature deaths) still haunt those jungles and kept him company -- not knowing that they were dead.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
If anything just leave them a box of food and some supplies and leave.

Reminds me of the Russian family that was found after 40 years

Russian Siberian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact for 40 Years- Unaware of World War II !

Thank you, Mugen, for posting a link to that amazing story. I missed it when it was first posted.
Amazing what humans can survive.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Um im sorry.

You say poor guys.

I say the dad is a fool. Or has a mental condition.

Didn't even try to get information on the condition of his country.

Subjecting his son to bark loin cloths...wtf

Is this story for real?
edit on 9-8-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

You would probably have a mental condition too if your Wife and kids got blown up in front of you!
Imagine how you would feel and what it may do to your mind especially with the continued sounds of bombs going off for many more weeks or months to come. Imagine the trauma they went through!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My reaction to this article is absolute awe and I think this family of father and son are fantastic. To be able to live away from civilization for such a long period of time is really impressive and admirable. These are true survivalists and we could learn many things from these folks- I applaud their ability to co-exist with nature at it's most natural and I personally find these types of survivalist skills fantastic education and knowledge to posess.
I applaud you!

Thank you for posting the article.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thoses men did not need to be rescued. If anyone took me from a situation like that to force me into this world of hypocrisy and illusion I would need more than handcuffs to go in peace.

That young man looks like he thrived. Now though, he will barely survive.

Thanks do-gooders. You saved the day again. Not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join