It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's 'LASSO', found guilty for poisoning (France 2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a case of a french farmer; Paul Francois, who inhaled Monsanto's 'LASSO' aka alachlor (herbicide), and in the folowing days experienced neurological problems, headaches, memory loss. Later Francois' health became so bad he was un able to do his work as a farmer.

Monsanto did not leave adequate warnings in regards to exposure of the chemical-herbicide LASSO, and the French court agreed to the claims and evidence of the case, ruling Monsanto guilty and responsible for Paul Francois' suffering.

Monsanto guilty for poisoning in France

The report goes further on to point out that the Enviromental Protection Agency (EPA) has declared alachlor (LASSO) as seriously dangerous, with such health affects such as; kidney, spleen, eyes and can lead to anemia and cancer.
In 2007, France has banned LASSO from use in the country.

What is alachlor?

Alachlor is an herbicide from the chloroacetanilide family. Its mode of action is elongaseinhibition, and inhibition of geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate (GGPP) cyclisation enzymes, part of the gibberellin pathway. It is marketed under the trade names Alanex, Bronco, Cannon, Crop Star, Intrro, Lariat, Lasso, Micro-Tech, and Partner.[1] Use of alachlor as a herbicide has been banned in the European Union. Alachlor is an herbicide from the chloroacetanilide family. Its mode of action is elongaseinhibition, and inhibition of geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate (GGPP) cyclisation enzymes, part of the gibberellin pathway. It is marketed under the trade names Alanex, Bronco, Cannon, Crop Star, Intrro, Lariat, Lasso, Micro-Tech, and Partner.[1] Use of alachlor as a herbicide has been banned in the European Union.

Wikipedia Source

No first aid available for this particular chemical, seek medical aid

source

I hope those who are FOR GMO and monsanto, love eating that chemical sh*. This is one minor case amongst many cases of Monsanto and their destruction to agriculture, farmers, and human health through ingestion. As I have stated in my previous thread, I am %110 AGAINST anything GMO.

Humans have been farming for thousands and thousands of years, with no problems. The only reason we have sick, starving, and dying people today on earth, is because corperations like Monsanto rather use millions and millions of dolars for altering nature, and forcing masses to eat fake food or die hungry.. The billion-dollar corperation could be using that money to feed the sick and sttarvingHEALTHY ORGANIC food, but that wouldnt be much of a profit or conttrol would it? The queen would rather sit in a chair made of diamonds and gold, instead of feed the people in need.

Anyone arguing that GMO is needed for more yield, for theh sick and for the 'bugs' eating the crop.. Are just making useless arguments. People have been healthy and fed for thousands of years, battling bugs and the such. We dont need more yield we need more FARMERS, organic and natural growing farms. The sick dont need fake-genetically altered food, they could use a share of those billions of dollars that goto waste on profit and control.

There is too much research to be done when it coems to GMO, which is why most people dont even care; but in the long term (more then a 90 day experiment), people wil have more and more health issues, and birth defects will raise in America and GMO-ran countries. That is a personal 'guess'.

GMO Soy linked to birth defects?

Russian biologist Alexey V. Surov and his team fed three generations of hamsters varying diets (one without soy, one with non-GM soy, one with GMO soy, and the final with higher amounts of GMO soy). By the third generation, the pups from the fourth group suffered a high mortality rate and most of the adults were infertile or sterile.

Earlier in 2010, Surov co-authored a paper in Doklady Biological Sciences, recording the incidence of hair growing in recessed pouches in the mouths of hamsters, most prominently in those of third-generation hamsters fed GM soy. “This pathology may be exacerbated by elements of the food that are absent in natural food, such as genetically modified (GM) ingredients (GM soybean or maize meal) or contaminants (pesticides, mycotoxins, heavy metals, etc.)

Just five years earlier, Irina Ermakova (also with the Russian National Academy of Sciences) noted in her study that within three weeks, over half of the babies from mother rats fed GM soy died—over five times the mortality rate in the non-GMO soy control group. The pups from the GM group were also smaller. Later, Ermakova fed all the rats in her laboratory a GM soy diet. Two months later, the infant mortality rate reached 55 percent. The testicles of male rats fed a GM diet, where once pink, turned blue.

Hear that boys?! Blue balls :O

But seriously, there are countless reasons I do not trust Monsanto or any bio-tech company. Nature is PERFECT. That is the truth. Nature CREATED YOU! Your planet, your star, your galaxy, the E-N-T-I-R-E UNIVERSE. I put more faith in that, then some greedy-profit corperation looking to control the masses via agriculture.

Fight for your right to eat natural food! GMO labels is least important; we have dumb-ass lab rats, poking needles into genetics of FOOD, because they get a nice pay cheque.. Its not worth the destruction. Anyone who oppose Monsanto, will find themselves threatend or in court. They are bullies, and want nothing more then CONTROL. They're behavior is nasty, driven by greed and cold hearts.

Those who are for GMO, go eat it
I live an organic lifestyle, Im a vegetarian, and an athelete. Im confident I will out live any of you GMO consumers. In my entire lifespan thus far, I have never been injured, never visited a doctor. I take care of my body, because it is my LIFE in this 'reality'. I wont shove just anything into it.

For those against Monsanto and GMO, Im proud you fight for what is real. We have one gift in this world; that is our bodies and mind, I take care of both. We all should

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Because of the self centered acts of organizations like Mansanto, I have lost all faith in our scientific system. People of science are spreading partial truths as truth. Partial truths are nothing but well dressed lies. I have lost faith in the scientific community because they are not challenging the misuse of evidence and and outright lies by the power hungry organizations of the world. I bet you guys know what I think about most corporate lawyers.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thankfully, I dodged that bullet. I grew up on a rice and soybean farm and from my earliest memories I recall my dad using Lasso. That was 30-35 years ago, so, it's not new by any means. I always thought it was such a cool name. And it was a pretty deep purple liquid that turned milk white when mixed with water. I've been sprayed with it as I stepped off and flagged paths for the crop dusters. I've drank water from the rice fields that have been sprayed, I've eaten berries from around those fields. Later, after I graduated high school, I went to work for that very same crop dusting company.
No one was ever told about how dangerous this stuff is. I'm sure it said something on the label, but, you know how that goes. All we knew was, if you get it on you undiluted, go rinse it off in the canal, or, pour some water from your water cooler on it and then wipe your hands on your pants. Ha.
We handled and sprayed 24-D,(245-T is Agent Orange. One molecule different than 24-D) Roundup, all kinds of pesticides, fuels, solvents, etc... I recall wearing gloves a few times.
These farmers really should look closer at what they are applying, however, at least the small guys back then, were just doing what they were told would give them a decent yield. Just trying to make it. It's like a doctor telling you that you have to take a certain drug if you want to live. Most people will just do what the doctor says without question.
Today, I am as healthy as I can be. I just had my annual physical this week and my doctor is amazed that at 46, I am on zero prescriptions and am as healthy as I am. My dad is also doing remarkably well at 76. His dad, also a farmer, died at 91 and lived every day until he died.
I'm not advocating for MonSatan, I'm just saying how thankful I am to have made it out alive.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
meh..i hate monsanto with a passion and im against gmo..but lets be realistic here..when you inhale poison im not sure what kind of reaction you expected no matter who manufactures it, herbicide, pesticide..i think the cide at the end of a word basicaly means death and none of it is safe to inhale

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Thank you for sharing your history wirefly

Yes this is not anything 'new', LASSO has been around since the 60's. The problem has been, it was not labeled hazardous or any precautions on how to handle it, thus the French government found MonSatan (thats how I always say it too
) guilty.

Im glad you are alive, and well, friend

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Of course. But as I stated above, which I missed in the OP, was that Monsanto did not have any labels saying how to handle this stuff.

Just direct people to spray it on their crops..

**Addition to OP**

I am on a tablet; this thing acts up sometimes, and that is why I was not able to post the pictures I wanted too. I also wasnt able to quote the first link (copy >quote>paste) because the website+tablet wouldnt let me copy the text.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey just a thought, but if this happened to an American Farmer,
could he sue m-o-NSA-n-t-o in America.

I'm only asking because you guys recently signed the Monsanto act which makes them exempt from being sued.
Is this only restricted to their food products or any and all products they provide?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

I'm only asking because you guys recently signed the Monsanto act which makes them exempt from being sued.

You have fallen prey to a lie. The "Monsanto act". Does no such thing.

Section 735 refers to section 411 of The Plant Protection Act. The Plant Protection Act does not govern food safety. It governs "plant pests."
Here is section 735:

SEC. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated us made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s
authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.933:

Here is section 411

SEC. 411. REGULATION OF MOVEMENT OF PLANT PESTS.

What is a plant pest?

(14) PLANT PEST
.—The term ‘‘plant pest’’ means any living stage of any of the following that can directly or indirectly injure, cause damage to, or cause disease in any plant or plant product:
(A) A protozoan.
(B) A nonhuman animal.
(C) A parasitic plant.
(D) A bacterium.
(E) A fungus.
(F) A virus or viroid.
(G) An infectious agent or other pathogen.
(H) Any article similar to or allied with any of the
articles specified in the preceding subparagraphs.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

Now, can you point out how this prevents Monsanto from being sued?
How do you feel about being lied to by those you support?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Of course. But as I stated above, which I missed in the OP, was that Monsanto did not have any labels saying how to handle this stuff.

Really? I don't see that in the OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You would of seen it in the link if you read it. .

I said i MISSED it in the OP, but stated in the above post.

Something wrong Phage? I guess that GMO is getting to your brain huh?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think something that is overlooked is that Lasso is just a brand name of an herbicide that is made by many different companies, not just Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"How do you feel about being lied to by those you support?"

And how do you feel about not being told the truth about what you seem to be constantly defending?
In many posts I see you defending this company & its products. You keep claiming that we the people are being lied to about this company but there is scientific evidence that claims their products are harmful.
There are people who have become sick because of that companies products ( as the French court found).
You still keep trying to promote this company as a gift from god on a site like this.
Most of us don't like or want this company to feed us, can you not see this from the posts on any thread related to this company.
So I ask you again, how do you feel about not being told the truth about what you seem to be constantly defending?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I really dont care what you think. You behave like a brat on every thread I see you on.
What you think, and the REALITY that is going on outside of your 'superhans' mind - are completely different.

The reality is; there is a cold-hearted corperation who wants to control every aspect of food in not just America, but the World. They will use whatever is in their power (which is a lot as you probably know) to make that happen.

If you ate the organics, worked out, got exercise, and used your brain for more things then argue; you might really see why Monsanto and GMO are E-V-I-L.

Humans are intutive beings. It doesnt take scientific proof to know what is not good for the body and its well being.

People miss the biggest FACT; what you eat doesnt just affect your body, it affects your mind. Your mind is more then a means to think, remember and 'photocopy' information. Its your 'tool' of awarness in this 'reality'. Putting dense food, chemicals and such inside your body, affects the mind as well. Affecting how you think, behave, and percieve.

Monsanto and the governments know exactly that. Which is the purpose of GMO. Give the body un-natural and altered genetical food, lower the mind, gain control of the dumb sheep. Its barely for profit, as these corperations have more then enough wealth. Its about control over the people.

Which is why I am not on the 'mainstream diet'. I havent had a soda or carbonated drink since 2009. I dont touch mainstream food, nor do I touch meat (fish included) because of the parasites within the meat that make their way into your body. This becomes WORMS, that people dont even realize are living in the intestines. Most people do not even know parasites exist inside them, and are living off their ingestion.

G-row
M-ore
O-rganics

Woohooo!

edit on 9-8-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
reply to post by vonclod

Just direct people to spray it on their crops..

**Addition to OP**

I am on a tablet; this thing acts up sometimes, and that is why I was not able to post the pictures I wanted too. I also wasnt able to quote the first link (copy >quote>paste) because the website+tablet wouldnt let me copy the text.

i totally agree with you on the labeling thing..not sure how they could bring in that product without proper labeling and warnings
cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Once again, nothing besides personal attacks and long winded rants...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You would of seen it in the link if you read it. .

I read the link. It doesn't say that there were no labels about handling. It says the French court considered the warnings to be inadequate.

You grossly misstated what the article says.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

So I ask you again, how do you feel about not being told the truth about what you seem to be constantly defending?

I don't like being lied to by anyone.
Who am I "constantly defending"?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by supamoto

I don't like being lied to by anyone.
Who am I "constantly defending"?

Oh you gone done it now, man the harpoons...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The EXACT same thing is going to happen with Glyphosate and all the other CRAP Monsatan sells.

Watch and see!!!!!

The worst part about this all is that this stuff ends up in the Atmosphere, air supply, ground water, food supply, lungs, blood.......

All in the name of Profit.......Poison the World, Kill the People!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Here's the MSDS on Lasso. Published in 1996

Warning Statements:
RESTRICTED USE PESTICIDE due to oncogenicity. For retail sale to and use only by Certified Applicators or persons under their direct supervision and only for those uses covered by the Certified Applicator's certification.

CORROSIVE. CAUSES IRRE
VERSIBLE EYE DAMAGE.
CAUSES SKIN IRRITATION.
MAY CAUSE RESPIRATORY TRACT IRRITATION.
HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.
MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC SKIN REACTION.
COMBUSTIBLE.

sinat.semarnat.gob.mx...

Doesn't really sound like "just spray it". Sounds more like, you have to know what you're doing and be careful around this stuff.

edit on 8/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join