It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hatred towards Pagans?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Pagan religions practised Human Sacrifice, of that there is no doubt.

You think Christianity is any different. Look at all the accounts of sacrafice in the bible.. God even sacarficed his own son on a cross.. No different..

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Pagan-Christian. I derive from both. Nature-Cosmos. Divine Mother-Divine Father. Shaman-Priest. It's time to blend them and become whole, integration and healing.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Schillinger

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Pagans are failed Satanists.

And failed christens

Your such an uneducated numpty, I am a Pagan, and I have never been either a Satanist nor a Christian.
Maybe you should get out more and maybe put down the bible and read other books that teach real tolerance.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

you don't get it. Sad. Get on your knees and pray, God will hear you.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Your such an uneducated numpty, I am a Pagan, and I have never been either a Satanist nor a Christian.
Maybe you should get out more and maybe put down the bible and read other books that teach real tolerance.

Your quite right I should broaden my knowledge of Paganism. Now I have a copy of JW bible around here somewhere. Jehovah!!!!!!!! Paganism here I come.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm in England.
The Romans brought us a God that looks down on us from the sky.

We had a world where God was in everything, the rocks, animals, trees, all was divine.
A cat, was the divine being a cat.
Your brother was the divine, being your brother.
All was sacred. To search for God would be like a whale searching for the ocean.

Christians live in a world tarnished by sin, Pagans live in Heaven.

A little jealousy is surely understandable.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

There are no human or animal sacrifices made by those who live without a believe.
What is the point of sacrifice, the only point is survival, do what is necessary to survive which means labor, to grow food and build houses, make clothes and so on.

That is the point i want to get across, what believers do is up to them, a pagan is not a satanist.
If they are not christian (or muslim and so on) it does not mean they dance with the devil who does not even exists.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

What do you do when you are attacked?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Christianity is like the younger idiot brother of Paganism - He got so jealous that his older bro had a good thing going that he took most of his idea's then added his own logic to them them before claiming his religious path was more enlightened.

Modern paganism is about love, connecting to the world around you, being at peace etc And your fundie christian hates that because they dont actually understand what love is as a whole. All they know is "One man, one woman" and any other type of love is lesser and unimportant.

Not a surprise to hear that christianity is declining in the west and paganism is on the rise

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
I'll admit, I haven't done all that much research on the various Pagan religions, but given that I have done my homework on Christianity, I'm just curious as to why? The vibe that I get, based on the history and modern hatred, is that of some sort of ancient propaganda scheme that somehow continues to exist. And my honest opinion is that Christianity, as world spread as it is, is nothing but a successful attempt of a dieing empire to achieve immortality. I know that sounds odd, even insane, but hear me out.

The reason I got out of "popular Christianity" is due to tolerance, even practice of pagan traditions.

Simply speaking, I'm not a Christian anymore by how Christians are popularly understood.

Pagan religions does not only include "New Age" or "Wicca" etc. It actually includes Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, ancient religions, Catholicism, and even Christianity.

It's with us since the beginning!! Paganism and all Religions are one and the same!! They may appear different but they all have underlying common symbolisms/theme!!

Whichever path you choose, you are deceived to worship demons!! None of these popular religions teach eradication of poverty and wars through selflessness and great sacrifice of one's own pleasures!

What they teach will ultimately result to great portion of the world living in poverty. You may read it in their "holy texts" but they don't follow it!

They never make it a goal to eliminate poverty through denying of oneself! Is that really love?? Is that a sign of enlightenment??

Have you really gone to the "next level" if you neglect others and simply find meaningful ways to worship yourself??

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

People Hate pagans? I like 'em. It's just too cute the way they get all serious when making claims that they have somehow reconstructed ancient dead religions that they just don't have the information to reconstruct so that they have to fill in the gaps with pure flights of fancy... and some of them are almost ALL gaps, yet they have their cute little adherents who think they've got it hammered out.

Perhaps it's the unfortunate choice of terminology they use to describe themselves. I don't believe any actual pagans ever described themselves as such. The term seems chosen specifically to provoke negative connotations in some minds. So one chooses a word to describe himself that another group has always used as a pejorative, then is upset when that other group they've purposefully tried to piss off doesn't like them?

That right there is just another sign of their too-cute lack of grasp.

Then again, you didn't start the thread as an actual quest for an answer on this question, did you? One paragraph on pagans and the rest attacking yet another group of religionists seems to betray an ulterior motive to the thread having not much at all to do with pagans.

It IS sort of cute, however, how you used the term "Abrahamic religions" to try and appear to be so very inclusive in your disdain, yet specified "2000 years" as the time frame for the Abrahamic religions, when in reality that is only the time frame for ONE of them.

I think you may need to work a bit more on your guile if you're going to attempt to appear inclusive when trying to trash a specific religion in a veiled manner.

edit on 2013/8/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok sorry, lets get one thing cleared up right now.... Stop with all the Bohemian Grove "Pagan God Moloch" crap... its a LIE. Moloch was a "Deity" worshiped by Canaanites and later by the people of Phoenicia. Neither of which were Pagan groups. And even if you traced some blood line from these groups to a pagan coven you would have to go really far back BECAUSE IT WAS 2000-1500 BC when these "child sacrifices" were taking place.

Lets take a look at other religious groups around that same time: Egyptian, Assyrian and the Mesopotamian were the big cultures at the time... does anyone really want to comment on the sacrificing going on by these groups?

And if anyone is wants to argue Christianity as a shield against bad things happening to followers of a religion go back and do some research on christian cannibal rituals, mass under age orgies and lets not forget the burning of who?... oh that right PAGANS.

And for the people that want to throw up the flag of "He is a christian hating Pagan!" this is coming from an ex christian, and i now follow Buddhism.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
reply to post by GargIndia

There are no human or animal sacrifices made by those who live without a believe.
What is the point of sacrifice, the only point is survival, do what is necessary to survive which means labor, to grow food and build houses, make clothes and so on.

That is the point i want to get across, what believers do is up to them, a pagan is not a satanist.
If they are not christian (or muslim and so on) it does not mean they dance with the devil who does not even exists.

You may have a point but generally paganism degenerates into satanism.

When you are on a slippery slope, there is nothing to stop your fall.

Religions like Christianity and Buddhism have some good points, but these fall by the wayside as the methods to purify the soul and the social structure to support truth and justice do not exist.

It takes courage and sacrifice to take the correct road, the road that leads to spirituality. However people do not want to give up their illusions and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
pagans are dumb. There's only 1 god

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

So true! Great Post!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Because Pagans do not live in guilt and fear as most Christians, Muslims and to some extent the Jews do. We believe that we are here to enjoy Creation in all it's forms (that it harm none). The Abrahamic religions demand self sacrifice and a very narrow range of allowed behaviors. Pagans do not follow those rules, we look for joy and bounty and we gratefully share what we have with others without judgment.

Our joy and the sharing of it without thought of pissing off a petty, vengeful, war god is what disturbs others. They are jealous, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is no God there is just what is around us. Deal with it religious people.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There's really no point in trying to understand it or open a dialogue. Pagans will always be wrong to a majority of those who worship the nailed god. Most of them will just quote inane bible verses that don't even make sense to the situation.

I've found it's better to just ignore them. Keep on keepin on with whatever beliefs you have, with whatever Gods you worship and let the nailed ones keep killin each other.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Case in point, and sheer brilliance in display

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

Originally posted by spartacus699

Case in point, and sheer brilliance in display
what was it this jesus said the kingdom of god is inside you if you read a 500 year older religion called buddhism you will notice it has been lifted from there and in the cisteen chapel on the ceiling god is inside a side view of a head he was saying god is in your head ? or what did you think don henly was on about in the boys of summer dead head sticker on a cadillac ? focus on the reptilian bit in your brain and all will become clear

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join