It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are they all at?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Something that has always scared me to death to think about : When these people go and dig up old tombs, pyramids, temples, etc; WHERE ARE THE GREAT BIG MOTHERLUMPING SPIDERS AND SNAKES AT?!?!?

These things have been hiding, entrenched in God knows what, for hundreds or thousands of years, and you mean to tell me there isn't a poisonous spider or snake one, to jump out and bite me at the first sign of movement? Screw you! I'm a grown man, and you can't convince me that these places have been buried since before Jesus was here, and there isn't a wild anaconda, a vicious wolf spider, or a crazed koala bear, one living in there....

One day someone is gonna screw around one day and unearth something that don't need to be unearthed; poisonous spider den, that's been infested and trapped for 1000's of years, then you're just gonna go let them out and roam free. Take flights back home to America, Europe, Canada, etc... Hell, for all they know you are taking them on a damned paid vacation to the Bahamas.

The only point left to this little rant is : What if there aren't any dangerous insects, spiders, snakes, mammals, and so forth inside of these places? How did the ancients built such structures to deter wildlife and dangers like the ones above? I've always been so fascinated by history and ancient temples, but I'm scared to death of them, because I feel like if I were ever to go inside the Great Pyramid of Giza, etc, I would come back with a spider bite that killed me before I ever even knew I'd been bit...Something that would put the likes of a Black Widow to shame...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think part of the flaw in this reasoning is the idea that insects and animals who have been extinct for a long time would survive in this sort of environment. There are no cases to support this idea to my knowledge. Most animals, like snakes, need to go above ground for food. The same is true for insects. Without a food source in the tomb they would certainly starve. While there are isolated incidents of animals surviving in stasis for a long time (i.e. the frog in the coal) I would put the probability of finding one specimen at quite unlikely and the possibility of finding a swarm or something large enough to influence the global environment at nearly impossible. Not that I'm a scientist, or even particularly intelligent.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They need air and water to survive.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Wild anaconda, a vicious wolf spider, or a crazed koala bear, one living in there....
LoL, you have to watch out for those crazed Koala bears...funny!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There's a documentary where they were looking in some caves etc that are under the gizza complex and they exited very quickly because of the spiders and snakes.
They are there, I think most of what the msm shows has been sanitized so as not to frighten the sheep.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Most had air shafts built into them....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i live in the u.k and over the years i have seen a couple of spiders that have made me scream like a girl one was behind a wall and was over 12 inches long with a tiny body but could that thing move .

my skin is crawling just thinking about it

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yeah snakes spiders scorpions centipedes, you name it.

I guess they just don't publicize that aspect very often.
However if you watch some of those history documentary shows like Digging For the Truth or the type, they do show some footage of the "perils" they encounter on their expeditions.

Historically it was far more risky but in modern times we have med kits with all the antidotes etc so it's a lot safer overall.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
We use to have birds hanging around the excavation site going after worms and insects that were uncovered as we dug in the upper layers. In Syria I visited an excavation that each morning had to gather up the Walterinnesia aegyptia who had coming into the pits at night.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Always been fascinated with the temples and such; but I'm still scared to death of anything old like that..

Sometimes I sit and think about what an irrational phobia it is...I'm alive on a planet that is billions of years old, typing at a desk, made from wood, from tree's that were many thousands of years old, when they were likely hacked down, and ran through the sawmill.

I don't know what it is, but really ancient stuff gives me the heebie jeebies....

I would love to be able to read over ancient manuscripts, visit the Great Pyramid, but I don't know; I feel like if I was ever to come into contact with these things, I would just die instantly..I get anxious as HELL...

There is something in my brain that just tells me to run the opposite direction...

Does anyone know what a fear of old things, not people would be?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There was an episode on the History Channel, in which Zahi Hawass is shown jumping over a snake path in obvious fear.

Watch Out for the Snakes

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Wild anaconda, a vicious wolf spider, or a crazed koala bear, one living in there....
LoL, you have to watch out for those crazed Koala bears...funny!

Not quite as cute when wet.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

And now my image of Koala Bears have changed forever....thank you for that!

edit on 8/9/2013 by Djayed because: Me spells fine....

top topics

join