It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those AGAINST GMO - VS - Those For

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

What is/was interpreted natural WORLD has changed think pollutions/weather changes/changed world affecting crops growth and what is called livestock so the FAUNA / FLORA exposed to pollutions changing world conditions etc.. being ingested may require treatments, unfortunately to sustain... If only a more advanced way to consume process energy existed.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm more fearful of monopolies in food production and too few people controlling the food supply than I will ever be of GMO's.

That's pretty much SOP now with family farms yielding to the Corporate giants. I'm getting offers on my cotton and onion land that is very attractive from the big boys. I guess they need more land to be subsidised by the taxpayres. Farming like Energy production is heavily subsidised. Free market my ass....

familyfarmingahap.weebly.com...

www.heritage.org...

edit on 8-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Why do you feel the need to be so rude in your reply?

I have an education, that's how I know that food crops have been manipulated and changed to fit our needs.

And how our methods have changed as our knowledge and technology change.

GM is the next logical step really.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
18-5 for AGAINST

I appreaciate your participation thus far members, thank you

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i guess it depends. if you only read sensationalist negative stories about GM then you will be against it.
but if you know what GM is, and its intention, then you will be for it.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

edit: for the poll, i am 'for'

edit on 8-8-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Alphahawk; thats enough - you have posted on every page a couple of times, all I wanted was your opinion, not your obstruction to the thread..

I have listed you in the FOR catagory, that is all this thread needed from you. You have freedom to post whatever - but I wish you would refrain yourself from posting in this thread again, your opinion has already been stated on page 1.

Im not trying to be rude or single oyu out; this is a POLL-ATS-Style, you are listed on the 'Poll', nothing else is needed from you. Tahnk you for your participation

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Against poison in all food.
Against human and animal GMO consumption.

AGAINST!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

My apologies, I thought this was a place for discussion, where all of us able to speak freely on any subject providing they are within the T&C's of ATS.

I did not know you have re-written them to include you having executive powers over who posts what.

I yield to the mighty dictator covertpanther, who claims I'm obstructing the thread, yet is the one demanding I cease from participating in it.

Who really is obstructing here, oh mighty dictator?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
100% AGAINST.
Also count my fiance here, we are walking out the door and he doesn't have time to log into his ATS account.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think it's fine, until there is scientific proof it's bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
100% against GMO's.

100% FOR labeling.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
100% Against.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

The topic of the thread is whether you are for or against GMO's with a simple yes or no. He specifically asked for a simple yes or no with no bickering.

You not abiding by the topic of the thread is against T&C I would believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
100 % against g m o in food how is a vegetarian supposed to know that pepsi/campbells soup use aborted male featal tissue for taste

i grow all my own veg and get eggs and chicken from people i know do not use anything not natural

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Definitely against.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
edit on 8-8-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

My apologies, I thought this was a place for discussion, where all of us able to speak freely on any subject providing they are within the T&C's of ATS.

I did not know you have re-written them to include you having executive powers over who posts what.

I yield to the mighty dictator covertpanther, who claims I'm obstructing the thread, yet is the one demanding I cease from participating in it.

Who really is obstructing here, oh mighty dictator?

Dont use that immature psychology BS with me.. Im not a child and I dont play games.

I have ZERO authority over this website, forum. Everyone posting including myself knows this. Trying to twist my words around and stirring the pot so maybe a Mod/owner notices and gives me a bad image here, is not constructive to the purpose of this thread. Nor does it have anything to do with it.

Your just upset because you are of the minority and an obvious shill who doesnt want anyone AGAINST, posting in this thread. With 40+ replies, it puts a smile on my face that enough members in this community care to participate.

Im sure you are bigger then the way you are behaving here.. I understand this is a sensitive topic to many, as I said in the OP. There are 100's of other GMO threads you can go rant or argue with. This is not a debate or argument as that is off topic in regards to the OP.

Mods - Im sure you can see Im not trying to 'override' your authority. You can see the childish game this guy is trying to play, its a clear obstruction to the thread's purpose. I apologize if I have 'broken the rules', this thread was done with positive intentions and honesty. Let me know if I stepped outta line

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know how to explain this. I don't have very much interest in the topic of the thread, but I am fascinated by the thread itself.

Start with the question, for or against GMO's. Surely that's too vague to be answered definitely. Is one against all study of GMOs for possible benefits? Is every GMO equally risky? In some situations is the risk of immediate starvation greater than the long-term risk of a stomach ailment?

I don't understand how anyone can be 100% for or against, given the manner in which the question was phrased.

I agree with covertpanther that this is, indeed, a poll. But a fair, scientific, unbiased one? No one with any experience or education in the subject would claim that. Sure it's a lot of fun, but that's all it is. For example, come onto a conspiracy website and ask if the members think there is a conspiracy to gain more power and control over the world, eventually leading to a one world government. It's safe to say you'd get a much higher per centage believing that than in the world at large. The results will not be representative of the population.

A further problem is that the respondents are self-selected, only those who find the thread and care enough to post will be considered.

Besides, what is the purpose of the poll? I can assure the OP that the final number will be something like 200,000 to 5. So what? It has no particular validity, any more than a poll of the subscribers to Natural News.

But as I said, it's the thread that's interesting. Comments like:

You are interfering with our right to opinion
Brings up questions like "Somebody is interfering with you right to have an opinion?" And "Didn't you just express your opinion?"

The topic of the thread is whether you are for or against GMO's with a simple yes or no. He specifically asked for a simple yes or no with no bickering.

You not abiding by the topic of the thread is against T&C I would believe.
But he (I assume alphahawk) is abiding by the topic of the thread. In the OP we find covertpanther calling for a good, honest poll. Surely it is within the topic to point out that this is not a good, honest, poll. He also claims to want a good understanding of where people stand, but in a question as broadly stated as this there has to be explanations and qualifications. The question asked will not find out where people stand, except in some broad, sophomoric manner.

And as for the OP's repeated assertions that alphahawk is somehow violating rules which seem to be created for just this thread, and that he should not post again in it, I have only great disdain. The threads aren't our property, they exist because of the contributions of the members. We may not like every contribution, but they have just as much right to post in a thread as we have to make those threads.

I hope alphahawk posts again, if he feels the need to.

And my answer to your "poll" is "neither for nor against."
edit on 8-8-2013 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm not trying to stop anyone from posting in here.

Post away and if I feel the need to reply to someone, I will.

It's not up to you to decide that.

And nicely said Charles.

edit on 8-8-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
100% for GMO, against labelling. The future is here, and some people are gonna have to be dragged to it kicking and screaming just like the Industrial Revolution.

In fact, I think that's a great parallel to everything that's going on in the world today. We're basically on the very edge of another technological revolution, and it's being forcefully resisted by people who buy the conditioning that the "old days" were better. There's a huge realignment of society coming soon, and it's gonna be painful, but it's necessary to reach our full potential as a species.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join