It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those AGAINST GMO - VS - Those For

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is so much publicity regarding the GMO labelling, and all the altercations between. Its obviously a sensitive topic to many as we are humans naturally born on this planet, most of us appreaciate REAL food that biologically supports the body we experience life in.

There are those totally against the modification of natural food organisms, and those who seem not to care at all.
Everytime there is a thread regarding Monsanto or GMO topic; it gets pretty heated.

That is not what this thread is about. I want to create a Poll amongst the ATS community, to compare those who are against GMO and those who are for it.

I dont want any debating or arguing, I dont want to see links or bashing of other members. This is a POLL not an argument.

Its as simple as a one liner. Just state if you are for or against. With a "2nd line" or something simular as to follow the posting rules of AtS.

I also would appreciate if Mods and Owners of the site could join the Poll. Im curious what side of the fence many of you are on regarding this GMO subject.

This is more of an examination or 'survey' using the ATS members as a collective model. Most members here are intelligent peoples, who are more aware of GMO and its. .. "problems" then the average person. Which is why I think this would be a good, honest poll.

With that said; I will start the poll myself:

I am 100% against genetic modifcation of natural foods being fed to any living species.

1-0 for AGAINST.

I hope we get enough participation and keep this poll on track; we could have a good understanding where most people stand in terms of the subject at hand.
edit on Thu Aug 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
100% Against.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
100% against GMO.

GMO
GMO
GMO

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
so you just want the world to be black and white to suit you?
Well there are good points and bad points to most things .Its Rarly ever a black and white .
If by putting a fish jen into corn makes it so you dont need to use Poluting fertlizers that could be a benfite.
If puttiung a jen from a edibal planet that has a natural insect repelint in corn and that makes it so you no longer need to use cemical pestasides that could be a benfit as well.
No more bees being killed from cemicals .
Now I am not saying any of these things would work out but untill we try it and find out which works and which doesnt it would be foolish to just say no to genitic engienering.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm not against GMO's in general, but against the companies that abuse them. We need certain GMO's such as drought and disease resistant crops, especially in countries like Australia.

So I say yes to GMO's, but no to Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Biased poll is biased.

What you're doing is like asking people at a football game if they like or dislike football.

All you're going to get is confirmation bias.

edit on 8-8-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
AGAINST

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
4-2 - for AGAINST.

This is not baised.. How can a poll be biased? The members are the ones participating via there free will and, I do not control how they feel or think of GMO.

Stop whining and stick to the poll

4-2

edit on 8-8-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

AGAINST.

And against the murderous genocidal traitors perpetrating it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

A little bit of education for you: a poll can absolutely be biased. It's all in the wording of the question. You can manipulate the results of the poll.

As far as the poll, I'm all for GMO. It's making me a lot of money.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

How can a poll be biased?

Good lord!

How you ask?

Step 1. Go to a conspiracy site
Step 2. Ask the members of said conspiracy site, a question that will yield a predictable result.
Step 3. Bask in all the bias that it brings.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

You are interfering with our right to opinion

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

100% Against.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
100% against and torch everything

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Speaking of wording and bias, the title of this thread is also an indication of the bias:

ATS Poll: Those AGAINST GMO - VS - Those For

Against in all caps.

argumentum ad populum

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Right. But the OP (and possibly some cronies) has an agenda. GMO bad, all who oppose say aye. All who say nay are to be bound, dragged, the later shot dead by blow darts.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

AGAINST 100%AGAINST

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Biased poll is biased.

What you're doing is like asking people at a football game if they like or dislike football.

All you're going to get is confirmation bias.

edit on 8-8-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

I've been to a number of football games, but I hate football. I was just dragged along by friends or family, but you're right. Most people at the game will be fans, just like most people here will be against GMO. But at least the audience here is probably slightly more intelligent than the average non-ATS user, but after reading some of the drivel posted on this site by some users, I'm starting to not believe that anymore.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Opposed to not being given the choice of what is on my plate...

A central aspect of Choice Theory is the belief that we are internally, not externally motivated.

edit on (8/8/1313 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thus far 8-3 for AGAINST

Btw - I have no agenda.. LOL wtf?!

I thought this would make a good case AFTER this thread has shown the majority.

Jsut curious, and trying to relieve some of the heat between the two sides of the fence with a simple UN-BIAS poll

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join