It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People / Creatures and Experiences + Theories (They mean no harm?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
August 19, 2013
It's been around a week since I started practicing psychokinesis again but no signs of shadow people. Could it be the location or am I not strong enough to be noticed yet? I do sometimes get paranoid when I turn off all sounds at night. I normally don't do that because noise helps me relax, however it seems as if it's more of a psychological effect based off from being uncomfortable and nothing paranormal. Perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon.

I wonder if these shadows will come?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We had shadow figures at our apartment,and I have them at work,they never seemed threatening to me,just unnerving to see them

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
We had shadow figures at our apartment,and I have them at work,they never seemed threatening to me,just unnerving to see them

Reading that, it seems to me they are attached to, or following, you. Personally.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just read an article about how to activate the third eye (I won't provide a link as it's in Czech). One of the ways was to watch yourself in a mirror in a dim light for several minutes while concentrating on the third eye. What I found interesting was that one of the readears said in the 'readers' comments' section that she started to see a shadow out of the corner of her eye after the exercise moving swiftly around the room. It makes me wonder if there is a conneciton between a somewhat activated third eye and the ability to see the shadow people?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OliGoesDown

I'd like to thank everyone first to have further contributed to this thread and it's always appreciated! Every post that is posted here is read and re-read in great detail.

As per your statement OliGoesDown, seeing "shadow people" at the corner of one's eye has been very well accepted as just a glitch in the brain since it's so close to the end of our vision. If you manage to concentrate your mind to the corner of your vision, you'll see (at least I do) darkness rippling about. I believe that this may be what people call shadow people at the corner of one's eyes.

As for the third eye-remark, I'm uncertain whether or not a third eye exists, it could just be a metaphor but I have seen auras with color from time to time, however eyes do like to play tricks. I remember when I first started to practice PK, I would think that something had moved but it didn't because my friend didn't see anything. After getting passed the first phase, I was able to do PK just fine in front of my friends but it was the fact that I really wanted to believe it right away that made me hallucinate things right off the bat. Perhaps it's the same thing with auras, maybe we can't really see them unless we trick our minds into believing they exist? Who really knows, but there might be a connection between seeing shadow people if one could see auras? If you manage to unlock your third eye, please let me know how you did it. I haven't come across any lessons to help me open it up, and mediation music on youtube isn't helping either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youtube recommended the following video for me. It's a documentary about Shadow people and even Stephen Hawking talks about the possibility about a Shadow universe, shadow galaxy, shadow planet, and even shadow people. It's interesting to watch if you have an hour and a half to kill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest Discoveries

I have yet to discover anything spectacular, however after increasing my skills in psychokinesis to the extent that I have an uncontrollable aura that moves psiwheels without thought when I am near them, and reverse psiwheels laying on tables, the shadow people are not coming.

I have been able to read my wife's thoughts and how she is feeling with pin-point accuracy. I even called her at work and told her to buy gatorade and to take medication since I thought she was having a migraine. She was shocked because she was in fact having a migraine. However, my connection with the world seems to have gotten closer but there doesn't seem to be any shadow people around. I have asked myself if it's because I can no longer sense or see them? Perhaps like the degradation of hearing with age, I can no longer see this other dimension?

But perhaps they must be powerful enough to expose themselves to our dimension. After all, there's probably a shadow world that we do not see. I'm curious to find out exactly what's going on and why this experiment isn't a beacon to get their attention. Perhaps there really is a difference between Psi and Chi? In the past when I would interact with these shadows, I was practicing both Chi and Psionics. I came to the conclusion at the time that Chi was more or less a relaxation practice and when I combined these relaxation techniques with Psychokinesis, it felt different but was probably one of the same but allowed better focus and strength. I wonder what would happen if I practiced Tai-Chi, Qigong, or Falun Dafa, if these shadow people would come back? I don't believe in Chakras or Chi in a supernatural sense, but perhaps I need to put my beliefs aside and try it for the sake of science.

I will continue to play with Psychokinesis for another two-weeks before attempting to play with eastern energy belief systems. There's also the possibility that where I live right now has very little if no Shadow people around. I will be moving out of this state by the end of the year so we'll see what happens then. Halloween is around the corner, perhaps these Shadow people will come out and play more? Here's hoping but I won't hold my breath!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I just noticed that I have a charm that is supposed to ward away evil spirits. It was given to me not too long ago by my ex as a present from Turkey. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that shadow people aren't around but it's a possibility. Another more plausible scenario, I'm not exactly miserable like I was back when I saw these shadow people. Could it be that these shadow people really feed off of negative emotions? Two little things I wanted to add to this.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Em2013 because: See edit info at the end of the post.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've drawn out what I would see when I would go out shadow hunting. Please note that not all of them had red eyes, I just wanted to illustrate where the shadow people were. Most shadow people don't have red glowing eyes from what I've seen.

Here are two perspectives. The first one is the shadow people with the darkness behind them, because "shadow hunting" would happen at night. We never went out during the day however looking back at it, it was pretty stupid going out there without a shotgun or something. So many predators...

The second picture is basically the darkness taken away so you could see more the shapes of these shadow people. It still looks pretty eerie.

I'm not really an artist so I did what I could. I'm used to doing user interfaces, not drawing out characters and such but I hope this was a good illustration.

The shadow people that I would see often would come out in a certain section from the forest, and they would gather in masses. They would be very attracted to me and my friends whom were also into psychokinesis. We all had depression at the time but would describe our experiences as the same thing, even on paper and would act similarly according to the shadows that approached us. They would often use violence against us, even steal something from us that made us tired. I don't want to say soul but if you want to put a label on it, I suppose that's one way to put it. They would throw rocks, push us, choke us, and scratch us. They were truly demons to be feared but even then, I still refuse to believe that they are demonic like Christians believe. Perhaps they are more like Yokai / Ayakashi, where they live like us but have a very long life. Perhaps their shadow form is all that we can see, perhaps only sensitive people can see. Perhaps their true form is more like us but we're unable to see through that dimension.

The reason why I am vastly interested into Shadow people is because I believe they are kind, possibly intelligent, and they are certainly out of this world. I will re-illiterate that I do think that they are misunderstood but in the event that they are not we have to understand them to know what we can go from there.

I will later describe some re-occuring dreams that I have had involving three alien species that are interdimentional and how there is a war going on and we're unfortunately forced into all of this. These dreams started after I started to see shadow people and after many years of experiencing these dreams, I came to discover that others have had similar dreams and ideas on this concept. While there is no scientific evidence to backup any claims, which I'm not making anyways -- these are mere dreams and should only be thought as such! It would be interesting to find out in the future if these dreams are actually linked to reality in one way or another. But to find all of this out, the first step is to learn how to summon them. I no longer have that ability. I could simply think of shadows in my mind and focus my energy into a location and shadows would come. This is no longer the case and in some ways I suppose I'm thankful for that. However I now want to learn more about them, study them, and even use tools to examine them but it seems that I've lost connection with this world somehow. I have said before that there's a possibility that you have to be depressed in order to attract them and it may not be a mere psychic thing. Perhaps the psychic part is to be able to see them.

I hope this post has been interesting to some of you and hopefully you'll be able to sleep well tonight after seeing these images. Take care and happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Normally i'd call BS on this story, seems a bit like fantasy really but i can't help but keep reading. I've never experienced any of the things you talk about here. No sleep paralysis, no shadow nightmares, no contact with other beings/creatures. Maybe it's just me and they stay away 'cause i'm more evil

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Em2013

Normally i'd call BS on this story, seems a bit like fantasy really but i can't help but keep reading. I've never experienced any of the things you talk about here. No sleep paralysis, no shadow nightmares, no contact with other beings/creatures. Maybe it's just me and they stay away 'cause i'm more evil

Maybe stick around and you'll find out for yourself through first-hand experiences
. You say "normally" but this time around you're not calling me out. Curiosity? Open-mindedness? Excitement? I hope to get to the bottom of this so if you want to stick around, you might learn how to see them for yourself, maybe. I'm not one to believe in ghosts but there's something about Shadow people that have always caught my eyes (quite literally). I'm very scientific, practically not religious at all and was studying to become an Aeronautics engineer in college to hopefully one day work for NASA, however I have abandoned those plans when I met my lovely wife because I didn't want a long distance relationship. I decided to become a software engineer instead and my mind is simply focused on science, but I do like to keep my mind open since science is fairly new and we know virtually nothing about anything.

My goal if you haven't read it in my earlier posts is to find scientific evidence of shadow people and bridge an understanding between us and them. Hopefully they're not all evil and there's no way to prove it yet, however I hope that one day I will be able to study them properly. Right now, I'm merely setting up the foundation for it. I hope you can understand that my stories, even though they sound straight out of this world, they are my stories and there are no tangible evidence that they have existed. However with my past as wanting to become a scientist, and the knowledge and experience that I have today, I hope that evidence can be reproduced instead of just word of word of mouth / legends.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You are putting your life at risk to think these things mean you no harm!

Or doing what God intended us to do and take responsibility for our own lives, actions and beliefs.

The shadows play and feed of our fear, anger, lust and other emotions that give a physical reaction in our bodies.

To keep feeding them with what gives them strength is what can harmful either physically or mentally for an individual interacting or being followed by these shadows.

However, one can take control of their thoughts and in doing so have a stronger control over their emotions to limit too much energy being taken to feed the shadows.

One can also have a parasitic relationship with these beings, feeding of each other.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I'll see what comes up and keep reading. Definitely interested to see what's going on

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Does the following sound like a shadow figure or not:

We just moved into a different house. My hisband and i were sleeping in the livingroom on a futon. In the middle of the night i stood up and turned toward the kitchen. On the other side of the kitchen was a small laundry room with a uncovered window. The house was completely dark except for what i thought was a full moos shining in. In that light i seen a completly black figure standing in the laundry room door. Then it was morning and i woke up. I assumed this was a dream until just this weekend my daughter who was 7at the time mentioned having 3 dreams about seeing this figure in that door way.

I am freaked out. The figure had a slightly larger head, broad shoulders, skinny torso and arms that just hung next to the body. It didn't move, just stood there. I had never mentioned this before, assuming it was a dream.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trickey280
Does the following sound like a shadow figure or not:

We just moved into a different house. My hisband and i were sleeping in the livingroom on a futon. In the middle of the night i stood up and turned toward the kitchen. On the other side of the kitchen was a small laundry room with a uncovered window. The house was completely dark except for what i thought was a full moos shining in. In that light i seen a completly black figure standing in the laundry room door. Then it was morning and i woke up. I assumed this was a dream until just this weekend my daughter who was 7at the time mentioned having 3 dreams about seeing this figure in that door way.

I am freaked out. The figure had a slightly larger head, broad shoulders, skinny torso and arms that just hung next to the body. It didn't move, just stood there. I had never mentioned this before, assuming it was a dream.

No need to be freaked out.

Yes in the way you describe its seems as though your being observed, for what purpose?

This is something an individual who is experiencing this need to soul search for answers, for a purpose its happening to you or your children.

It could be something that logically will make very little sense.

Just beware that if you conclude something that would seem irrational to a rational thinking person and you have a responsibility for children or other people that delving into this and researching can lead to an unhealthy mindset where many things in your life change due to your perception of the world around drastically changing.

Stay safe be aware and sometimes know when to let things go.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We have since moved from that house and the "dreams" have ceased.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Trickey280

Could you possibly make a drawing on what you saw? I'd say it sounds very similar to a shadow person but they do come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I've never seen shadow spiders, or white shadows but I've read many reports that they exist. To me the shadow people that you have described seems more on par with what I've been seeing but whip out ms paint and show us what you saw just for clarification =D

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

"Shadow spiders"? Once in a while I wake from a "dream" in which there is a massive spider above my head floating by the ceiling. I wake up the moment it starts to approach me as if it wanted to examine my face with it's red eyes. I usually wake up with my voice and body half paralyzed and when I put the light on there never is any insect in my bed or in the bedroom that could be causing this nightmare. I have no idea why I get this recurring dream when I'm not scared of spiders (I'm not particularly fond of them either). I found it interesting that someone else mentioned spiders on here

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've seen similar things before when coming out of a dream. Sometimes I actually see people walking around my bedroom and things like that because I'm still waking up. I'm not saying that's what you saw but I'm thowing it out there as a possibility.

And because of what you said, I'm thinking about spreading data into three sections. Bed related, which is the phenomenon relating to dreams, sleep paralysis, old hag syndrome, hallucinations etc... Drug related, such as pain killers allowed the person to see these things, and the clearly conscious state when the person was clearly awake through the whole ordeal, wasn't day-dreaming and was doing their business like I am typing this right now. A clearer definition and better categories should definitively be made but I think this is a good start for categorizing these experiences at the root.

I'm not saying that what you saw was a hallucination or the real-deal, however I think that if we gather a lot of experiences, categorize them and have detailed accounts, there could be links that can be made. Maybe in the future an open database could be made for this sort of thing but the difficult part will be weeding between those that want to fake experiences and those that have experienced them. I don't really see a way that this can be properly analyzed right now but I hope we're making some progress here, which I think we are.

Any further ideas, like how to describe accounts and so on is appreciated. Perhaps we can learn more about the "shadow world" a lot better if we can have sort of a form like

Were you sleepy?
When was the last time you've slept?
Have you been taking any medications?
Any vitamin supplements?
What time of day was it specifically?
Have you ever been diagnosed with any mental or physical illnesses that you feel comfortable sharing?
Do you wear glasses or have eye problems of any kind?
Were you hungry or full at the time?
How many aperations were there?
Were you alone?
Have you experienced the shadow people phenomenon before?
Describe what you saw: for example, was it darker than black, whiter than white, an orb, bipedal like a human, sort of human shape but elongated neck, scruffy etc...
Describe the scenario leading to it, during, and what you did after:
If you weren't alone, please have your companion describe the account in their words:

I think something like this would be useful for future accounts. Any help revising all of this would be great
Maybe in the future, this could be petitioned for scholarworks on ATS.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a few years ago I had an encounter with a shadow being. I could feel a presence sometimes, but never could see it. I was sitting in my backyard in the sun, and for no reason at all I got that feeling again of being watched. I spoke out loud to them, "I know you are here. I know you are always around, I feel you everywhere. I don't know who you are but I would love to meet you". I was hoping it could possibly be a passed friend or relative. The feeling came and went and I went on with my day. Later that night I shut the bedroom door and went to sleep with my two year old child by my side. I awoke in the middle of the night because I heard my creaky door knob turning. I raised my head and shoulders just a little to see as the door pushed open. Standing in my doorway was a very tall shadow man blacker than the darkest part of the room. Strange, his head was skinny though. I didn't see any eyes or facial features, just black. As it stepped foot into my room I got a horrible feeling of fear, and the flight or fight kicked in, and I flung out of bed at this thing ready to fight. As soon as I got about an arms reach away, it disappeared. I turned on the light, and was thinking no way that just happened! Just to check, I went to the other room where family was sleeping, opened their door and they were sound asleep. So shocked, and not only did I see it, but it opened my door effecting physical matter. I look back now, and think I should have tried to talk to it, but the fear was just so great I couldn't think, just react. By talking out loud that day, I invited it to show itself to me. I'm never doing that again! I have been using a night light ever since. If you want to see one again, you could try simply speaking out loud to them. It worked for me, and I bet it will work for you too. Be safe.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Being my first post on ats I figured I should share the most paranormal moment I have experienced. I live in a rural back woods community in the midst of the "Bible Belt". You can imagine the country has many ghost stories to keep people from being bored. Well sometime in my late teens I felt a fun hobby to preoccupy my time was ghost hunting. Friends and I had all heard stories. There was a Cemetary a few miles out of town. It's existed since the turn of the 1900s. We frequented there because it was a hot spot for activity. Normal things would be small orbs, fox fire ( I believe this is the phrase for unexplained light on the ground ), you could hear children laughing in the dense woods. All in all nothing any more spectacular than any other ghost story. Keep in mind none of the people involved were hardcore believers of any thing paranormal at the time. For the most part I'd call us skeptics just trying to cure boredom.
One fateful night a group of 9 others and I decided to look for ghost in late fall. The temperature was a comfortable 70 degrees. It was a near cloudless night and on a new moon. So you can imagine the darkness. Well the ladies of course would no go in. While most the guys stayed behind my martial arts instructor ( and retired Sargent in the marine core ) and I set out to look for ghost. Around 10 minutes of walking and he started freaking out. Claiming to see eyes in the bushes. I assumed his mind was playing tricks on him in the darkness. Until he turned and sprinted from where we were. I followed quickly. When we got back he was pale claiming he seen red eyes in the bushes that surrounded this old Cemetary. I laughed of course. And then I and the 3 other guys in the group decided to go find it. While walking we found ourselves toward the far back of the Cemetary. That is when it became extremely cold. The temperature dropped to the point we could see our breath. Of course we were disturbed a bit. So I told my friends to stand back to back,if each of us face outwards we should see anything that happens was my assumption. I counted myself as the lucky one. The corner I faced was around 10 yards from a fence which had a small drive on the other side , beyond that a thick wooded area. I knew the guys behind me would have a far greater chance of seeing something. As we stood in the strange cold I remember looking slightly to the right. Then it struck me. I remember clearly thinking , " the thing is standing right there ( in relation it was the far left around 10 o'clock position ) " I convinced myself it was my imagination and once I turned my head it would be nothing there. I turned and to my amazement and horror a figure blacker than any black I had ever seen. Of course being a heavily religious person at the time I couldn't believe this. I thought I had lost it. I thought " close your eyes and it will be gone " I tried this twice each time when I opened it still stood clearly. Then I thought well it isn't moving so surely its light playing tricks. It must have had read my mind because this thing started walking. The legs were hard to make out but the upper body was clear. It's arms swayed as it walked. Height was around 6'1 a touch taller than myself. At this point I directly thought " haha someone is screwing with us!" Before I could take a step it turned its head and looked straight at me. I froze with utter fear ( which wasn't normal for me being I was a cocky, hard headed individual) the reason I was so afraid was my last hope of it being explained went away. It's eyes would best be described as brake lights in the distance. Two bright red eyes. Illuminated but not giving off light. I was speechless although screaming crossed my mind. It then turned its head toward the tree line took one step and disappeared into thin air.
I stopped for a moment. I rationalized that being all of us faced other directions no one would have seen it. And if I said or did anything they would only say I was crazy. I slowly turned to my right to see one of my friends staring directly at me. As dumbfounded looking as I bet I appeared. He said " did you see " I interrupted and said " the thing over there " he directly interrupted me again to say " the thing with red eyes !? " I directly screamed lets get the # out of here! We all ran and to this day I have not see it again. Although the normal happens still go on today. I would like to point out. We were all I would list as the " good kids " no one drank or did drugs, we did not party, this was no hallucination. Sorry for the long description but leaving out details to me is what someone does when they fabricate things in their mind. This was all too real.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Great contributions! Although please separate paragraphs, it's had to read ;_;

I was going to sleep tonight but forget that after reading the last two posts....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Em2013
Great contributions! Although please separate paragraphs, it's had to read ;_;

I was going to sleep tonight but forget that after reading the last two posts....

Hello ATS!
I am a long time lurker but have only recently decided to join the debate in a more active medium. This is my first post, be gentle.

Shadow people fascinate me and I have read an awful lot about them. Have I seen one? Maybe. The problem with my experience is that I cannot differentiate between these things and any of the other weird things we sometimes see. What I understand from so many personal accounts is that mostly always these experiences come with an extreme emotion attached such as overwhelming fear, dread or even on the other side of the spectrum, peace or tranquility. Mine had neither to be honest. I saw it (him?) and it was gone as soon as it was there. It gave me the creeps but that was it.

There's a few patterns that I can hazard a guess at though after reading so many experiences. I speak with no authority on the subject however and would love for you to challenge these ideas if you can.

They tend to come at night. They do come in the day but those that see them in daytime have often seen them before. Most first experiences happen at night. Is this because we are more relaxed, there are less external influences? Is this because this is the closest most people get to meditation where the mind is more open? I don't know.

You are more likely to see them if you believe in them. Many people report other paranormal happenings before the shadow people. Are we opening our minds to become more perceptive or are we inviting them in?

Back on to the emotion side of things. These shadow beings from what I have read tend to be predominantly unpleasant. Most people recall fear and dread and some even feel real harm being done to them in some mental or spiritual capacity if not physical. If we are more in tune to our minds when we see these things then who's to say what we feel when we see them is not just as tangible as the vision we see?

So many questions! I do love reading about them though. I can fully recommend the thread shadow people - what do they do? And will follow this thread with interest.

I hope not to much of a ramble has been inflicted upon you all!

Greysnake
edit on 9-9-2013 by greysnake because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join