It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of gods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just another reminder asking you to consider the silliness of gods. Of this list of gods, doesn't it became embarrassingly apparent that they are all man-made? ALL of them!

George Carlin skit added, so profanity obviously.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Agnostic here, leaning toward atheist, but do believe, know, that there is something beyond us.....sometimes it just takes the experience.

No one can beat Carlin, he was the best.

BTW, do love your sig.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well, that oughta convert a few "silly" believers to atheism. Do you feel better now?

Indeed, if God is to be the all--God would have quite a few names. Oh well, haters gonna hate

edit on 7-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Well, that oughta convert a few silly believers to atheism. Do you feel better now?

Indeed, if God is to be the all--God would have quite a few names. Oh well, haters gonna hate

Ahhhh! So, they were ALL real? But, wait! I thought the only way to the father was through Jesus? It's not hate of gods, but hate of ignorance. Hey! There's an invisible mushroom on my pizza telling me to worship all fungi. Do you believe me?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Agnostic here, leaning toward atheist, but do believe, know, that there is something beyond us.....sometimes it just takes the experience.

I KNOW there is something that is still beyond our comprehension. But, being beyond our comprehension means that no one can put a name or a purpose to it. We can list thousands of arguments on why the biblical gods are illogical, but for someone (anyone) to claim they know of a god, well, they're just plain old-fashion lying.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My recommendation is to eat this invisible talking mushroom....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A lot of those Gods are the same though, but just stem from different cultures, and therefore given slightly different names. I'm still more of a believer that they are just advanced beings from another realm/dimension/planet(s) and put religion in place to control.

I agree though which is why I will not WORSHIP anything and instead I try to live life to the fullest and treat one and all with care and respect. Occasionally I might look up to the heavens and ask why or maybe even for some help but I won't worship any God.
edit on 8-8-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Just another reminder asking you to consider the silliness of gods. Of this list of gods, doesn't it became embarrassingly apparent that they are all man-made? ALL of them!

Or maybe they are all real?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My god doesn't ask for worship, nor does He even ask for your belief.

My God simply wants you to be a compassionate human soul. Everything else is superfluous. I think the reason there is so much convolution in biblical text, and also why there are so many different Gods, is simply that humans try to explain what it inexplicable so that other people can also understand this basic tenet. Even so-called "nature gods" are there so that people remember to take care of their environment. Regardless of whether these Gods came from the minds of humans or from divine inspiration, their purpose is singular and unifying (at least within the cultures from which they arose.)

The fact that there continues to be a war between different religions and between religion and atheism is all due to man's inability to grasp the simplicity of the concept of God. My God doesn't want your worship. He wants you to love everything you've been given. Even if it hurts. Even if it means the inability to accept that there is a "God" type entity out there. The whole point is to love life and accept death.

If God wanted your worship, He would become flesh and be your king. If God wanted to control you, He would make you His slave. This bickering about whether it is foolish to believe in a God or not is pointless. It's foolish to not love your fellow humans for who they are. Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, we all come from the same planet, with the same basic genome. We may as well be as brothers and sisters, because we come from the same Mother, Earth.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

All the mountains of the world have names that have been invented by men.
That is enough, I take it, to prove that mountains don't exist..
We live on a completely flat earth.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I never understand why theist and atheist post derogatory OP's toward each other.

The only "enlightened" view is that no one knows jack and squat about the world we inhabit, from string theroy to holographic universe.

Truly its the Agnostic who is wisest when lacking definitive proof.
edit on 8-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree completely, which is why it makes sense to me that if there is a God, he wouldn't punish someone simply for having too much sense to believe in something that he can't prove. I'm equally disheartened by Christians who say Jesus is the only way as I am by atheists who say that God is just a fairy tale.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The oldest civilization was Sumer. This is where the religions began and guess what stories they had in their beliefs?

The flood, the garden of Eden, a serpent "god" of Earth.
A female 'love" god (later called The Whore of Babylon in Bible)

They are all the same beings, just different names and the stories seem to change over time and different cultures too.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Names are man-made but isn't 'man' also a concept?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Your list omits Alom, a Mayan sky God, one of the 7 gods who assisted in the creation of the world, one of my previous lives.

edit on 8-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How is this anything other than a troll thread?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Your list omits Alom, a Mayan sky God, one of the 7 gods who assisted in the creation of the world, one of my previous lives.

edit on 8-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

In one of my previous lives I was a catfish.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How is this anything other than a troll post?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You don't know my memories. I distinctly remember swimming about on the bottom of a little South Carolina farm pond.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You don't know my memories. I distinctly remember swimming about on the bottom of a little South Carolina farm pond.

Was there a sign at the bottom of the lake identifying it as a little South Carolina farm pond? Did you look in a mirror at the bottom of the pond and see your catfish characteristics in the reflection?

It is interesting that you seem to believe in reincarnation, though. I admit that's not something a typical Christian believes in. Kudos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join