It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don’t Have a Domestic Spying Program'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And here's the President of the United States giving a geography lesson.

not once but twice

the other night and on July 25th....

1st half is with Leno.
The 2nd half shows Obama on July 25th - looking sooo desperately for the missing tele-prompter.....

"Tonight Show Not The First Time President Obama Made 'Gulf' 'Gaffe'"

and to boot, somebody tried to cover the gaffe....
the "(and in)" was inserted !!!!

Bynum's AP story, as carried at the Charlotte Observer and WSAV in Savannah (but oddly not present at the AP's national site), covered up the gaffe by putting words Obama didn't say into his mouth

"If we don't deepen our ports all along the Gulf — (and in) places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. — if we don't do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we'll lose jobs," Obama said.

AP's Russ Bynum Covers Up Obama's 'Gulf Ports' Gaffe

Well Obama DID say he was going to "Fundamentally Transform America"

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
"The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

Dollars spent on anti-terror + anti-terror wars = 5 trillion (? cant seem to find a reliable source, most seem to be around this figure)

Dollars spent on car safety + road safety = nothing - improvements made by car manufacturers only

Chance of dieing in a car accident in the USA: 30,000 - 40,000 a year out of 350 million = 1:11,666 - 1:8750 - average: 1:10,208

Chance of dieing in a terrorist attack in the USA: 3,000 (which includes the 2759 from the WT center) = 1:117,000

Ten times more likely to be in a car crash: 5 trillion times more money spend on preventing terror deaths.

Im not saying its all a waste of money, but its far more than the threat/chance factor demands. Really does make you think that all the things being done for terrorist prevention are all things the military couldn't justify any other way to get what it wants.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear Lord, could you imagine how crazy the media would be going if a Republican POTUS thought those areas were on the gulf coast?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama has just told a big fat lie. So is he implying that all the information Snowden released fake? US leaders are very brave when they lie. I guess that old saying that if you tell the same big lie enough times people will start to believe it holds some truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
The one thing I have learned about Obama in the five years he's been prez is whatever he says, believe just the opposite. He said this would be THE most transparent administration ever, and look what we have now! As far as the Domestic Spying Program goes, I can almost guarantee (based on what the IRS has done) that if Obama's people wanted to know what some influential Republicans are discussing and where they might be getting donations, they would NOT hesitate to find an excuse to listen in.

It's not just the Obama presidency. The act of "say one thing, do the exact opposite" streches back for decades, regardless of which party holds the majority. The faster we understand that they are all in cahoots with one another, the better off we will be.

I honestly believe that the answer to all that plagues the political system now is for everyone to understand that the right and the left do not exist, and that this is the false paradigm that has allowed them not only to maintain their positions of power, but to increase it, all with the consent of the voting public.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by neo96

Obama has just told a big fat lie. So is he implying that all the information Snowden released fake? US leaders are very brave when they lie. I guess that old saying that if you tell the same big lie enough times people will start to believe it holds some truth.

Not so fast. I don't think anyone other than the drones believe anything Obama says anymore. And most of them are Communists who don't care that he is a pathological liar because the ends justify the means.
edit on 9-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems to me that closing embassies around the world is one way to intensify the "Climate of Fear," and that telling those over whom you preside a thumpingly great obvious lie, to emphasise their inability to do anything about it -- is another.

The underlying message here is surely one of total contempt.
What could be more insulting, or more demeaning for a citizen, than to be in a position where truth is, in the final analysis, not something they understand, but whatever is agreed by lawyers?

How better to demonstrate power without the appearance of despotism, than to pretend reassurance with such palpable falsity? In the same breath,he plays "nice cop"to the faithful, and "nasty cop" to any dissenters.

The effect will surely be to reinforce the apathy of the majority, and make the opposition more visible.
Maybe also more numerous.

Nowhere to duck -- no cover.
That will be a major factor in the emotional lives of many, and will affect them in ways not immediately apparent.
Social control has come a long way.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu
Spycraft is the essence of deception and it is a covert war against citizens as potential enemies of the state - - so what do you expect him to say?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have a cute little idea. When a president takes the oath of office, a portion of that oath should state that "during any verbal or written communications with the American public or their representatives, you will hereby be considered UNDER OATH and responsible for the truthfulness of all your declarations". So...then if a president lies, he is lying under oath and immediately impeachable under the law.

THAT would solve a lot of problems. And with that...lets make that the oath for all politicians. And as stupid as some my think this sounds...why shouldn't our paid politicians have to take an oath that they can't lie to us, and if they do...they can and will be fired?

I'm liking this idea more and more as I proof this post! How do we propose or demand this type of change???

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
WeAreAWAKE asks a reasonable question which affects us all.

"I'm liking this idea more and more as I proof this post! How do we propose or demand this type of change?"

The answer to your question is "by exercising your democratic right to vote."

Not much of an answer -- is it?

mistersmith

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama has set the stage for the take over and the spy game goes on. the whole world is a stage and nothing is what it seems. Obama it being use a front man doing what he is told. He will never finish his term, the spy program is set and uncle Sam see YOU. The take over of America is at hand.Its the 1222 hour no more delay.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join