It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic masks for protection on public transport and in high density environments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bio Mask

# Please note that I have no professional or financial ties to the companies at the above link. I neither work for Amazon or the SPS services who sell these masks. This is purely for folks attention.

I was searching for a face mask to wear on a long haul flight that crosses the middle east and into the far east in November, as I have no desire to catch anything that's going to ruin my holidays. I needed it light and comfortable with the best possible protection, and my good friend (a Nurse) showed me a face mask she got from the USA she uses when in and out of Africa working.

In a nutshell, it kills viruses and bacteria on contact - to a 99.99% efficiency rating. So I took a gamble and brought a box. I am extremely happy with the purchase and here is why - I have a big skull, 64 cm cranium and most face masks are too small to cover me up. These fit nice and snug, breath really well, and are superbly comfortable.

They come in individual sealed sachets - great for throwing five in a case for the return home flights, and the sealant is tough as is the plastic of the sachet material.

So there you have it, my personal post for peoples attention for what I feel is a great piece of personal protective gear for the coming winter.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Doesn't say anything about the particulate rating though...like these:

www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_sim_sbs_beauty_3

Usually, you want N95 for most things (this would keep you from breathing in radioactive particles, for example, in a nuclear disaster).

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Doesn't say anything about the particulate rating though...like these:

www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_sim_sbs_beauty_3

Usually, you want N95 for most things (this would keep you from breathing in radioactive particles, for example, in a nuclear disaster).

Well, if its nuclear disaster you are planning for, a full face mask with CRBN cans is the way to go. I linked these up for their ability to cope with a sustained 12 hr plus exposure to viruses and bacterial threats and kill them. Normally, a mask without an active layer is a potential disease vector in itself as it become saturated and quickly loses efficiency, and has a surface covered in nasties that will be transferable if anyone picks it up or you touch it with your hands absentmindedly.

All in all, I 100% agree that a nuclear mask it is not, but then, if I am caught in a nuke event, I will be throwing on my escape hood and getting the hell out of dodge.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
CE certified: FFP2 NR, EN149:2001+ A1:2009 / FFP2 NR & EN14683, Type IIR

So FFP2 rating for particulates - greater than 94%. Not too shabby.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Awesome, didn't see that in the link. Looks like a good buy then.

reply to post by Astr0

Well, if its nuclear disaster you are planning for, a full face mask with CRBN cans is the way to go

A bit much to carry though. You have the right idea though, getting out of the area is the best thing you can do.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
CE certified: FFP2 NR, EN149:2001+ A1:2009 / FFP2 NR & EN14683, Type IIR

So FFP2 rating for particulates - greater than 94%. Not too shabby.

Those who are fanatical about not inhaling viruses must wear the above masks when outside of the home.

new topics

top topics

join