It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels meeting with Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Tough would be going in and taking Snowden back.

Keep on dreaming.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There is a lot of issues which are causing friction between Obama and Putin. Snowden is not the only one. I saw this same news in our news and this is the picture they had in there.

Doesn´t obama look mean? He looks in this exactly like someone i wouldn´t go near. What an mistake US made selecting him as a POTUS again, now Obama is showing his true colors as this will be his last ( if there wil be no dictature ) round as a POTUS.

Prior Snowden asylum in May, Putin warned Obama about Syngenta and Monsanto

"The shocking minutes relating to President Putin’s meeting this past week with US Secretary of State John Kerry reveal the Russian leaders “extreme outrage” over the Obama regimes continued protection of global seed and plant bio-genetic giants Syngenta and Monsanto in the face of a growing “bee apocalypse” that the Kremlin warns “will most certainly” lead to world war."

Obama didn´t give a rats behind,

Obama is upset that Russia supports Syria goverment. They also disagree how the nuclear program issue in Iran should be handled.

Those guys doesn´t like each other .. a bit. Don´t expect them to shake hands anytime soon...
edit on 7-8-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Hmmmm what happened to all of the flexibility?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And does Putin give any rats @ss about it? Lmao

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I'm guessing that his next step will be to announce a boycott of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

If I were on the olympic team and Obama declared a boycott ... I'd say .. 'screw you' and go under a different flag. I think I remember back when one of the other boycotts happened, the athletes showed up carrying a blank flag or something .....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if Russia would take some kind of trade.

We could give them Obama, Holder, Rangel, Pelosi and even throw in Al Sharpton as a free bonus.
And we could get Putin. We'd give them five for their one.
Seriously ... I wish Putn was an American. He'd make an awesome cowboy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fly the confedrate flag

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Hmmmm what happened to all of the flexibility?

He's flexible...he just wants everyone else to do the bending over!

I don’t blame Obama for being pissed because this is another example of how Putin is always on the wrong side of every issue. He seems to have a bromance with every two-bit thug in the ME.

Even though Obama is pissed about Snowden there’s no excuse for snubbing world leaders. He did it many times to BiBi already and Lord knows who else. It truly has been amateur hour in the White House since 08’. We need a real leader to represent US….not a cry baby who gets his feelings hurt. Too bad Rahm isn’t there to mail Putin a dead fish!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Greenwald nails it:

President Obama today canceled a long-scheduled summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in part because the US president is upset that Russia defied his personal directive to hand over Edward Snowden despite the lack of an extradition treaty between the two nations. That means that US media outlets will spend the next 24 hours or so channeling the government's views (excuse the redundancy) by denouncing the Russian evil of refusing extradition. When doing so, very few, if any, establishment media accounts will mention any of these cases:

U.S. to refuse Italian request for extradition of CIA agents
February 28, 2007

Panama releases former CIA operative wanted by Italy
July 19, 2013

America's refusal to extradite Bolivia's ex-president to face genocide charges
Sunday 9 September 2012

Luis Posada Carriles won't be extradited to Venezuela
12/30/2010

The US constantly refuses requests to extradite - even where (unlike Russia) they have an extradition treaty with the requesting country and even where (unlike Snowden) the request involves actual, serious crimes, such as genocide, kidnapping, and terrorism. Maybe those facts should be part of whatever media commentary there is on Putin's refusal to extradite Snowden and Obama's rather extreme reaction to it.

On Obama's cancellation of summit with Putin and extradition

edit on 7-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I must confess, Putin sure has shaken hands with some real scumbags....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hey, I'm just glad he keeps his shirt on when he does it….at least when the cameras are present.

Maybe that's what Obama was worried about!

edit on 7-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by seabag

Obama is one of the most unprofessional presidents in history.

I'm guessing that his next step will be to announce a boycott of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

It's a possibility, along with a lot of other countries.

Depends how stupid Russia is going to be about GLBT athletes.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm confused by this thread, people WANTED Obama to go ahead with the meeting?

May I ask why?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

...Hahaha i just have a picture in my head now of putin in red speedo's waiting for obama. In that case...OBAMA IS RIGHT TO CANCEL

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Depends how stupid Russia is going to be about GLBT athletes.

If it happens, do you really think it has to do with GLBT?

I don't...very few people care about that. Cuba, China and other countries are guilty of far worse human rights violations than just a little discrimination yet nobody boycotts their involvement.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
From his Leno visit...

Obama : If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah, Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida — if we don’t do that, those ships are going to go someplace else .

Hint* All on the Atlantic coast

Maybe he does not know where Russia is on a map ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I wonder if Russia would take some kind of trade.

We could give them Obama, Holder, Rangel, Pelosi and even throw in Al Sharpton as a free bonus.
And we could get Putin. We'd give them five for their one.
Seriously ... I wish Putn was an American. He'd make an awesome cowboy.

Really?

Do you really know who Putin is? Or does your hate for liberals just run that deep?

What is it that is attractive to you about Putin? Do you support the policies that he supports?

Do you like that he had laws changed so he could be President longer? Do you like that it is fairly widely accepted that he fixed elections? Do you like that he is ex-KGB? Do you like that he has made laws to make it illegal to be homosexual in Russia?

Honestly, this is one of the silliest comments I have ever read.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Having read this, I just assumed it was tit for tat. But it may just really be a face saving effort disguised as a po'd President. Who to rally around? 0bama or Putin? Ok were Americans, were supposed to rally around our own......right.
Some of us are not that easily persuaded that our country is being prudent in trying to force the issue. Vladamir seems to understand the implications and the good fortune dropped in his lap with Snowdens being granted asylum. It's a grand bomb for a rainy day, or whenever Vladamir needs some leverage to persuade a little compliance. Snowden's considerable amount of information is 'Gold' as a bargaining chip. It would also be very likely that Snowden had also made arrangements with an accomplice so that in the event he was taken down or captured, he could force his release upon threat of disclosure of all the remaining info. Putin has Snowden in his back yard, and I'm sure he is certainly being watched, just a routine safeguard.
I don't honestly think 0bama really wants Snowden back on US soil......... to spill the beans so to speak. He would prefer him conveniently dead instead, and somehow made to look like the US had nothing to do with it, an honest accident. We all know thats not going to happen though. Maybe something plausible, but even that wouldn't fly, not with the time frame of all this affair.
The country is divided as to whether Snowden is a Patriot, or a malcontent. A couple years ago a whistle blower was something to be regarded as a truth seeking, corruption exposing hero, but once it gets too close to home and the boys club starts getting tagged, well that has to stop..... at any cost, or any lie. Just as the US has the best and brightest working on how to bring Snowden down or eliminate him, I'm sure Snowden has a following pro-bono coming to his legal aid. You can only get away with just so much until luck runs out and your exposed for what you are really up to, and we got caught. Should we have been doing it in the first place?
Just because someone says 'they all do it' really does not make it right. Our Shining Night in Armor image seems to have become tarnished as of late.

link   

I have only just seen this news, and I think the Russians are really pleased Obama has canceled as Russia are not really close to Muslim Brotherhood like Obama is, so they have little in common.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Alternative4u because: Toned it down after seeing Sky News tonight.

link   
Double

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join