It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe it or not (I don't) Al-Qaida has developed liquid that turns CLOTHES INTO BOMBS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
actually guys, Ibrahim al-Asiri is a bomb making mater mind.

He was the guy responsible for making the underwear bomb and the printer bombs he really is the hollywood terrorist bomb maker and that includes him experimenting with liquid explosives. Another of his nice little inventions was using explosives packed into a bomber's rectum.

I would not put this past him.

He is arguably one of the most dangerous terrorists on the face of the earth today just because he is so good at making bombs that are effective and innovative enough to defeat modern countermeasures.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

well it seems you Brits got the idea to make Ink that goes boom when it dries www.innovateus.net... from the link

The British Defense Ministry under its commercial attachment Qinetiq has patented an ink-jet cartridge having explosive ink as its content recently. The explosive ink mixture consists of aluminum particles with each having 1 micrometer diameter, copper oxide particles having width of 5 micrometer, alcohol and epoxy varnish. Now you may feel that such a mixture is not ideal for paper printing. That's not the case! This explosive ink is in the form of stable liquid as most of the inks are and can be used for printing on the regular paper as well. The only difference between other inks and explosive ink is that it turns into a fuse once it dries. When wet it is stable and when dried it can act as an explosive if a current is passed through the metal strip.
9 volt bat would work, now tell us why and for what use was this made?? to sell to the Al CIA AId ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Actually he didn't use that he used PETN as he does with most of his bombs.

You can bet that he is probably the hand behind these recent threats

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That guy is so sly!!! Why is it that people cannot face their true enemy. I think it is too big for them to digest. I know I got real sick after I figured it out.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Seriously, you guys got to keep this stuff on the down low. Next thing you know you will be sitting in the Moscow airport. And it wont be on a layover.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Seriously, you guys got to keep this stuff on the down low. Next thing you know you will be sitting in the Moscow airport. And it wont be on a layover.

Can you please elaborate on this, I dont know what you mean or if your being sarcastic.
edit on 7-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I cannot even believe that this thread is still here. It belongs in the crap bin, or at least sent off to where it belongs in skunk works.

edit on 7-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The sad thing is, most people (like 80-90%) will believe it.

Good lord, I can't even take a jar of peanut butter on a plane anymore. Case in point:

TSA: You can't take this on the plane. The bread is fine, but you can't take liquids

Me: It's not a liquid though, it's food!

TSA: Sorry, no liquids allowed

Me: Look, it's food and it's not a liquid. It's an emulsification of a solid.

TSA: *angry look*

Me: Fine, take my jar of Jiff

That is a true story. I wanted to make sandwiches while I was traveling to save money. Airport and airline food is getting crazy expensive!
edit on 7-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I bet for the Al-Beba-Banana-Rama Lab (Note I'm mocking the Western naming of "cells" and not Arab names) who've been working diligently in their high tech cave laboratories, this was more like the discovery of gun cotton.

I can picture old man Fatwah working late into the evening and he accidentally put his big slurp KFC cup (a guilty pleasure of his) into his latest creation and shazaam! Accidentally created exploding clothing.

Yep, history books be ready!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why wouldn't we believe it OP? I mean if were going down the road that Al Qaida was created and ran by the CIA then it plausible that this is very true.
edit on 7-8-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kulkulkan

So it looks like it is possible to make exploding clothing but, the tough part would be to stabilize the compound so that the thing doesn't blow up as soon as it dries or while on the way to the target.

Maybe he did it and maybe he didn't. It still seems like something like this would be easy to spot from the smell or stiffness of the clothing. You also have to wonder if chemically treated clothes wouldn't give the wearer chemical burns which would be another tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Sounds like premise of the film Live Wire (1992)

In the film, terrorists have developed a liquid explosive which is activated within the human body.

I guess they are now mining Hollywood for ideas on news stories involving spectacular terrorist plots.

edit on 7-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Interesting you brought this old flick up.

It is a really crazy one! I remember seeing it as a kid and being truly disturbed by it's content.

That is really cool because it is very similar to the topic being discussed by the OP, thanks for reminding everyone.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Ok for something to explode it has to be chemically unstable and the resulting instability has to cause a massive change reaction that results in a lot of energy being released. So, according to the government, the terrorists have invented a fluid that causes the chemically stable bonds in fabric (which fabrics? Cotton? Silk? Polyester? Synthetic?) to become unstable and therefore explode. This would make more sense if just the fluid was chemically unstable, but that would be silly because we already have that. It's called nitroglycerin.

I'm going to go ahead and call shenanigans on the government. All one needs is a high school chemistry's knowledge to call out this idiocy.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

nitroglycerin is also in sprays for people who suffer with Angina. Are they going to ban them?
Source
edit on 8/7/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Aside from the fear mongering this story is causing...look up Gun Cotton...theres the chemistry mastermind in Yemen and I bet the exploding clothes thing is a twist on an old invention

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The term "Explosive" isn't being well used here, but I think it still applies. As others have already pointed out a type of this chemical was shown to be visually spectacular on an episode of "MythBusters". Since the compound that is being talked about in the article states that it isn't detectible using current methods, it would lead me to think that it's just a refined chemical variant of the "MythBusters" mystery fertilizer.

It doesn't have to explode in a fantastic fashion to have a massive impact. Let my explain:

Imagine you've boarded a plane for that vacation you've been planning. The kids, spouse, and maybe some friends are with you.

The plane levels off at 10.000 ft. Time to relax and enjoy the flight...

FOOMM!!! A guy coming back from the restroom bursts into flames and tries to rush the cockpit. In shock the passengers panic. The whole event gets put on the internet.

The guy gets taken down and put out, and outside of a few burns and cuts from this guy, no body else is physically harmed. Upon landing the flame guy is taken into custody, and everyone goes on their marry way.

A week later your vacation is over, and it's time to fly back home.

* What fear will bob up to the surface while boarding the flight?
* How many nightmares will you have over seeing a guy burst into flames while flying?
* How many times will you have to relive "THAT MOMENT" while watching TV and seeing it replayed over and over again on the news?

This is how terrorism works. It doesn't matter if anybody dies from a suicide bomber, what matters is that people don't feel safe in a place where they felt safe before. When a guy bursts into flames on a plane flight, or at some public event does it really matter if anyone else is hurt physically or not? No it doesn't since the damage is done psychologically, and those injuries don't heal over time.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The future of this nonsense:

TSA Agent: "Here's your drafty hospital gown, please remove all clothing and store it in the waste receptacle before boarding the plane."

Airline officials " Due to the need for all clothing to be chemically tested, your luggage will be shipped at your expense via a follow on aircraft. We project that your luggage will arrive two days after your own arrival. Feel free to stop at our new clothing stores found in every concourse upon arrival. Many credit card, debit cards and reward cards are welcome."

M.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

From the Rippley's Beleive it or Not files, the government has come out with its latest wild claim to keep us in fear of those wiley "terrorists" who are out to get us.

Report: Al-Qaida developed liquid that turns clothes into explosives

An Al-Qaida affiliate has developed a new generation of liquid explosive that U.S. officials fear could be used in a future attack, ABC News reported Monday.

Two senior U.S. government sources who have been briefed on the terror threat that prompted the U.S. to close embassies across the Mideast and North Africa this week, told the network that clothes dipped in the liquid become explosive devices when dry.

One of the U.S. officials described the new generation explosive as "ingenious," while another said it would be undetectable under current security processes.

The liquid explosive is believed to be the brainchild of the Yemen-based affiliate Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the officials told ABC News. This affiliate is home to Ibrahim al-Asiri, a master bombmaker, who was on the 25 "most wanted terrorist" list published by the Yemeni government.

Haaretz

Their claim about what the "terrorists" can do are getting wilder every day. I think if this were possible, The US or Russia would have developed it during the Cold War or some other brilliant scientist out there would have figured out how to do it long ago. Some guy hunkered down in a secret bunker, hiding from the drones somewhere having the time and resources to develop something like this just doesn't seem believable.

Buy hey, whatever wild stories they can spin to keep the public afraid and wanting to be spied on works I guess. If enough people buy into this one, we'll all have to get nekkid if we want to travel in the near future.

I predict beef burgers will be next to go on the danger list.
I had a few the other day and dropped a few lethal bombs
later that evening.

what a crock of steaming horse #e! everything now coming from the msm
is to be taken with a pound of salt.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Exploding pants...where have we heard that old chestnut...mines might ignite at the very least but i doubt you would get much of a bang out of them....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They might next say that spontaneous human combustion is the result of a terrorist attack just to instil fear in people omg lol

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great........

Now the TSA will want us to travel naked......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join