It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe it or not (I don't) Al-Qaida has developed liquid that turns CLOTHES INTO BOMBS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

From the Rippley's Beleive it or Not files, the government has come out with its latest wild claim to keep us in fear of those wiley "terrorists" who are out to get us.

Report: Al-Qaida developed liquid that turns clothes into explosives

An Al-Qaida affiliate has developed a new generation of liquid explosive that U.S. officials fear could be used in a future attack, ABC News reported Monday.

Two senior U.S. government sources who have been briefed on the terror threat that prompted the U.S. to close embassies across the Mideast and North Africa this week, told the network that clothes dipped in the liquid become explosive devices when dry.

One of the U.S. officials described the new generation explosive as "ingenious," while another said it would be undetectable under current security processes.

The liquid explosive is believed to be the brainchild of the Yemen-based affiliate Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the officials told ABC News. This affiliate is home to Ibrahim al-Asiri, a master bombmaker, who was on the 25 "most wanted terrorist" list published by the Yemeni government.

Haaretz

Their claim about what the "terrorists" can do are getting wilder every day. I think if this were possible, The US or Russia would have developed it during the Cold War or some other brilliant scientist out there would have figured out how to do it long ago. Some guy hunkered down in a secret bunker, hiding from the drones somewhere having the time and resources to develop something like this just doesn't seem believable.

Buy hey, whatever wild stories they can spin to keep the public afraid and wanting to be spied on works I guess. If enough people buy into this one, we'll all have to get nekkid if we want to travel in the near future.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Al-CIA-dUHHHH?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sounds like premise of the film Live Wire (1992)

In the film, terrorists have developed a liquid explosive which is activated within the human body.

I guess they are now mining Hollywood for ideas on news stories involving spectacular terrorist plots.

edit on 7-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
If enough people buy into this one, we'll all have to get nekkid if we want to travel in the near future.

That was my first thought.
No clothes allowed on planes from this point onward!!!

P.S. I'll never fly again.

edit on 7-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And there are a bunch of cheetos eating Americans that will swear to gawd that it is true.

My head hurts.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Some of the reports I heard about this so far are saying it's safe while in a liquid state but when it dries it goes off. I don't even see how this would be a new problem. Is it really that hard to stop anyone that's trying to pull off the wet look?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I always get a chuckle at the latest James Bond-esque dastardly plots they come up with.

Seriously, anyone with real intent to bring real fear to the masses can do so without having to Martyr themselves in the process and cause damage and mass death on a very large scale, very easily. The idea that some evil terrorist geniuses are hard at work trying to come up with ever more bizarre ways to sow Jihadist inspired destruction on us all is laughable. Why not just hit the soft targets - airport terminals, rail networks, road bridges etc, and make a clean getaway, instead of the doomed-to-fail BS we get waved at us?

Seriously, it'd even make crappy novels and films that go straight to DVD.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The lie can't be small. It has to be big, and repeated endlessly.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I saw this on the TV news yesterday morning. If it's true, then the terrorist chemists have done something that our own chemists haven't been able to do. Considering the conditions these terrorists work in, that's pretty impressive.

ETA .. apparently some folks here didn't get that I was being sarcastic. So here I am .. making sure that people know that I was being sarcastic ...
edit on 8/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I said the day the TSA was created that the inevitable course set that day would have all travelers being strapped in nude to planes and boats slave ship transport style.

If clothes are bombs then I guess they'll have to start doing just that. You know, to keep us safe.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Maybe they found some way to enhance or combine something with Nitrogen Triiodide. I hope they dont ban Betadine now.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

LOL.
Were you being serious?? You think those "muzzies" over there in them caves that have to rely upon black market arms dealers; they invented something??

Seriously, we are in a whole lot of trouble.

People, on even this forum, where we are attempting to deny ignorance, fall for anything you tell them.

There truly is no hope.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's true, It's true!!!!!

OMG!!111!!!

What a maroon. As Bugs Bunny would say.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Were you being serious?? You think those "muzzies" over there in them caves that have to rely upon black market arms dealers; they invented something??

Um ... no. I wasn't being serious. I thought the sarcasm was evident.
However, next time I'll be sure to put '(sarcasm)' just to make sure everyone understands that.

edit on 8/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If they really did make this stuff I wonder how big a boom it causes when it goes off? I still don't see it as a threat since their plan could be foiled by a rainy day or a garden hose.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That post seemed like it was for real. I am glad you cleared that up. I was starting to worry about you FlyersFan

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok for something to explode it has to be chemically unstable and the resulting instability has to cause a massive change reaction that results in a lot of energy being released. So, according to the government, the terrorists have invented a fluid that causes the chemically stable bonds in fabric (which fabrics? Cotton? Silk? Polyester? Synthetic?) to become unstable and therefore explode. This would make more sense if just the fluid was chemically unstable, but that would be silly because we already have that. It's called nitroglycerin.

I'm going to go ahead and call shenanigans on the government. All one needs is a high school chemistry's knowledge to call out this idiocy.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

It is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of in my life. I swear to gawd, they sit up there on the hill and make this stuff up and crack themselves up.

But, there are a lot of suckers that will believe it. That is why we are so screwed.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Well notice the last sentence of my post, you need a high school chemistry's knowledge to call this out. Just think about how many people in this country that do not have this aforementioned knowledge. And that's not even talking about the people who DO have the knowledge but not the critical thinking skills to apply it to this situation. I realized this was idiocy based on an old Mythbuster's episode I saw about an exploding pants myth. So actually check that about what I said about chemistry, all you have to do is watch the Discovery channel and you can call this out for what it is. Male cow manure.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Ha ha ha. Al qaeda is getting all the goods from the Discovery channel.

You want to know what "al qaeda" is doing?? The "administration" of "al qaeda:" get (CIA) are running dope while they are protected in Afghanistan. The highway runs through Iran, mostly and then into Turkey where it is all processed. Turkey processes all the poppies coming out of Afghanistan. That is why they are in NATO. LOL

Then they buy anything they want. People places and things. Let you imagination run wild.

The money that needs to be cleaned up is filtered through the Wall Street Banks real pretty like.

Wake up!!

edit on 7-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join