It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wow.

Ny Times

As hundreds of commuters emerged from Amtrak and commuter trains at Union Station on a recent morning, an armed squad of men and women dressed in bulletproof vests made their way through the crowds.

A team of Transportation Security Administration officers, known as a VIPR squad, at Washington’s Union Station last month.

The squad was not with the Washington police department or Amtrak’s police force, but was one of the Transportation Security Administration’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response squads — VIPR teams for short — assigned to perform random security sweeps to prevent terrorist attacks at transportation hubs across the United States.

Someone is getting their ducks in a row?

Good scare tactic or good and scared?

RT

Well ain't that some #?

edit on 7-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This should go into the Posse Fascist forum. Good thing these SOB's are wearing bullet proof vests, I hope they really need them. TSA is the reason I don't fly anymore, first one that grabs at me outside an airport is not going to like the result.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

With little fanfare, the agency best known for airport screenings has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals.

Huh, I did not know this.
Very interesting.

Transportation Security Administration’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response squads — VIPR teams for short — assigned to perform random security sweeps to prevent terrorist attacks at transportation hubs across the United States.

VIPR, cute.
Wonder who came up with that catchy little title to create this new alphabet agency?

Thanks for the heads up on this crap.....

S&F

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Didn't the SS have cute little squad names as well...

I think I'll pass on the expansion of the freedom grope... So no planes trains or busses.

Wonder when TSA will be expanded into cross walking duties as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yea the VIPR name really catches the attention doesn't it.
I wonder how much a VIPR agent makes a year.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Didn't the SS have cute little squad names as well...

I think I'll pass on the expansion of the freedom grope... So no planes trains or busses.

I don't know but other than the airports and train/bus stations, what the hell has TSA got to do with sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations?

Well the weigh stations I kinda understand due to the various trucks that go through there, but not special events.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Big parking lots, lots of cars, lots of people.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Oh! Of course!

We need to know our hero, the travel alert threat has its White Knight!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

and/or . . . into . . .

--walking one . . . uhhhh to their new . . . temporary . . . "home" . . . at the nearest death camp?

--tucking one into bed at night to be sure one doesn't violate the new FREEDOM CURFEWS?

--walking one to and from work to be sure one doesn't cause get into any trouble between.

--confiscating one's cameras to insure one doesn't record anything embarrassing to the oligarchy . . .

. . .

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Good question about salaries . . .

I don't know.

However, I hear that some of the oligarchy's snakes do pretty well--very well, even.

Then there's that being able to live "above" the law compared to all the serfs and slaves.

Contrasted, of course, with the abiding, nagging awareness that if one missteps toooo badly in the execution of one's duties for the PTB, one could also become as much SOYLENT GREEN as one's routine victims.

And if they are part of the crew having a monitoring chip implanted . . . the options to escape absolute control could be limited.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have a light hearted suggestion for the VIPR agency. Change your image to something friendlier, something we can all relate too. If we really are sheep, then would we not prefer these to be our keepers from the dreaded coyotes of the world?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Hey . . .

it's NOT rational.
it's NOT about protecting us.
it's NOT about safety for us.
it's NOT about protecting society.
it's NOT about capturing terrorists.
it's NOT about preventing terror strikes.
it's NOT about avoiding Jihadi blood-letting in in the streets.
it's NOT about saving "the children."

IT IS about

--the oligarchy's !CONTROL! to the nth degree 24/7/365;
--the oligarchy's arrogance, greed and power-mongering;
--the oligarchy's love of gestapo black-booted police states;
--the oligarchy's determination to shred the culture, the populace, the Republic, the society, peace, safety and everything else decent and good.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Deep breaths now Bo, deep breaths.
Go ahead, watch Wile E. Coyote and Sam the Sheepdog play together.
It's ok.

And frankly i don't think American leaders wanna # with all that noise.
There are not enough control methods to rely on to ensure that a few hundred million americans don't go all whoop ass on it's Army. Don't get me wrong, they got the guns, but we got the numbers.
We are one of the loudest, most opinionated asshole nations on the planet.
I am willing to bet over half of the people on this site enjoy movies, cartoons, comic books, novels, television shows and video games about bands of rebels breaking the foundations of ruthless groups bent on complete order and control.
What kinda depressing movies you watching?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Don't watch many movies. Maybe 1-3 a year.

Have just studied the oligarchy since 1965.

Their rush to fulfill Biblical prophecy re the one world government and one world religion seems to speed up constantly.

And this TSA business is merely one factor in their full court press to corner the market on herding the Eloi into the caverns of the Morlach's every way they can.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Fascinating.
Morlachs you say?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Fascinating.
Morlachs you say?

Pretty close approximation . . . imho . . .

only the reality may well turn out that they are far worse than HGWells' depiction.

Actually, he was clearly part of said oligarchy. He seems to have had very advanced inside information of their plans . . . and to agree with them.

You can check some of his quotes about such out here:

twoday.net...

twga...

Do you really think that the TSA is NOT a part of the ruthless elite's obsession with !CONTROL! and reducing the populace to slaves and serfs enroute to their harsher application of UN AGENDA 21???

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No i think they are doing a job that isn't very likable but perhaps necessary. Like most cops i imagine they are doing what they think is right according to their perception of the events and their place in it.

This doesn't mean that i think whatever plans for the VIPR's the TSA or other Powers might have mind is good for America. It's a dark and twisted hole, but the one light i still see is that its damn hard to keep American's down.

Sure we might need to work off the fat, but that will just make us leaner and meaner.

We will always be heart breakers.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

People need to research the TSA.. They never were solely established as airport security. They include railroad, interstate commerce (Big Rig DOT tagged trucks),greyhound etc etc etc.

The Vipr units are restricted solely to interstate COMMERCE, not travel, which is to say they can inspect 18 wheelers and NOT individual cars). Big Rigs are governed by Federal laws, and as such Law Enforcement does not have to have a reason to stop them to check their paperwork.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

People need to research the TSA.. They never were solely established as airport security. They include railroad, interstate commerce (Big Rig DOT tagged trucks),greyhound etc etc etc.

The Vipr units are restricted solely to interstate COMMERCE, not travel, which is to say they can inspect 18 wheelers and NOT individual cars). Big Rigs are governed by Federal laws, and as such Law Enforcement does not have to have a reason to stop them to check their paperwork.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

the interstate commerce clause is a big lie, most people using mass transit are not engaged in commerce of any kind ans as such should never be subjected to anything the un sworn in non police certified TS idiots can do to them.

i think if more people would begin to contest that BS alone, it would go a long way in keeping those perverts out of anyones underwear.

if the tsa was invited to these terminals and on the transit equipment, then people should sue the companys allowing it to happen.

quit flying, quit using mass transit wherever you can, bankrupt the turds as it's the only language they speak.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Citizen OP, why are you complaining?

Are you hiding something? Plotting some nefarious scheme? In league with evil doers? No innocent person should see anything wrong here. My goodness, no. It's all reasonable measures in the name of public safety...isn't it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join