It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.S. spying revelations coming from Snowden leaks: journalist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Man this sjiat just blew my mind... it shouldn't but it did...

Obama pushed for tighter regulation of NSA surveillance as a senator Only five years ago, Obama was part of a group of legislators that supported substantial changes to NSA surveillance programs

I have Sandy Shaw in my head singing... "Like a puppet on a string"
basically everything he has said in any phone conversation from 1994 onwards is and has been used to get him to where he is today.....

SHAME!!!!

edit on 7-8-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As far as all this goes...
I think Snowden is doing it right (or whoever else has the info) releasing the dirty laundry little by little, because if he just let it all out at once, it would be immediately discredited and thrown away. And from living in America this short 28 years of life i know how quickly we all seem to forget EVERYTHING. So keeping in the spotlight constantly is the only way to make all us lamos listen and pay attention.

i sure hope Greenwald doesnt come down with a sudden case of drowing before we get some more juicy details about how f**ked our government really is.

Cheers to Snowden!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The more and more examples of piecemealing this information, has me leaning more towards the whole deal being a carefully staged event...
I felt the same way as nothing happened to Julian Assange or Bradley Manning. Nothing will happen to Edward Snowden either. He'll be 'erased' somehow and brought back into the country though some backdoor deal with Russia IMO.

Nothing happened to Bradley Manning? He's sentenced to 90 years in jail, and has already spent about a year at Quantico under extremely inhumane conditions; he also had the possibility of a death sentence hung over his head for a while. You call this nothing. You've got a lot of nerve or are extremely naive to say such a ridiculous thing.

And Assange? He is stuck in the Ecuadoran (or Bolivian???) embassy in England, out of fear of being extradited to the US, under the pretense of having to go to Sweden to be interviewed by the fuzz there for some sketchy "rape" charges that were brought up long after the fact. Why do these two guys need to be physically silenced? The intelligence horses they have released are out the barn.

Carefully staged event? If you mean there is some method to Greenwald's publishing of these stories, no doubt there is. Why wouldn't there be. But if you mean it is suspicious and possibly some kind of government conspiracy, then you're just tooling for conspiracy theories.

You're seriously suggesting these three individuals are pawns of the US government? What a ludicrous notion. The tools of the US government are most of the rest of MSM journalists and their networks, magazines and newspapers. Obviously, down is up and up is down to you. How's the weather on Neptune these days?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

i'm 100% behind snowden and anyone who risks their lives to provide transparency the way he did. Well played to the journalist who took that info also. But alarm bells start to ring for me when somebody stands up and says "ive got big news now but i'll tell you in 10 days"

if its that big and uncovers such serious corruption within our government why not just spit it out. Why give the government a chance to stop you?

stinks of hidden agenda...but then this guy is a journalist
edit on 8-8-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What pisses me off is how this guy who torched one of our subs is going to basically get away with it.

WTF?!

The man TORCHES A SUBMARINE and people don't recognize that that is what saboteur does.

He is getting away with, what? 17 years? For half a billion dollars?!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Although the revelations are quite appalling, I am excited to hear what he has to report.

I just wish he doesn't have a freak accident like Hastings.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Even though Greenwald is a Journalist. I am surprised that the US Federal Government has not come after him in some way like they did with regard to others over secret materials. It seems so inevitable.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

Even though Greenwald is a Journalist. I am surprised that the US Federal Government has not come after him in some way like they did with regard to others over secret materials. It seems so inevitable.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

FWIW, Greenwald lives in Brazil.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Salander

I am aware. Since when has that stopped my Government from going after people of interest though?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Excellent point!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

More than likely a deal will be cut sometime in the future and the sentence would probably be merged or lowered by somehow 'helping' the government.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The U.S must be up to something terrible if all they are up to these days is spying on as many people in secret as they can. They are probably reading this right now. So let me take a minute to say. Enjoy it while it lasts. Prepare thyself fro a tremendous fall. 8-O89H-LG5-ED1A-FV-01

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Salander

Exactly. I seriously have concern for this man and his well being. It just seems inevitable that something wil be done about him. Either via the Law or maybe other means. I hope I am wrong though.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just to add on this thread, potential political fallout?

Brazilian officials have expressed reluctance to purchasing dozens of military planes from the US after it was revealed that the NSA not only closely monitored Brazilian energy and military affairs, but also mined for commercial secrets.

“We cannot talk about the fighters now…You cannot give such a contract to a country that you do not trust,” the source said.

rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join