It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What good does any of this do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would like to know if any of this talk is doing anything at all! It does not seem as though we are making any
progress towards anything for that matter! All we do is talk and nothing gets better, only worse! I feel as though
apathy is at an all time high, we are more divided then ever, the BS from the media is the same as it ever was,
and we all go through the motions each day without any change for the betterment of mankind!
I could see if we were living in a world where everything was decent but over the past 50 years the only thing that has improved is medicine, racial and sexual equality but everything else seems to have gone down hill!
I know in the past there were a hell of a lot more living wage jobs and you could own a house and feed a family
of five with a middle income job even on the bottom of the scale! The food was better, the water and air cleaner,
people were a hell of a lot more friendlier and the children had respect for their elders! We did not see crazy people trying to kill each other! terrorism was almost unheard of! Marriage was something sacred and not entered into lightly and if you had problems you would work them out instead of running off to a lawyer for
a divorce! Today our children are killing each other! Zero tolerance is a total failure! The drug war is more about
locking up minorities and making money for cities and private prison facilities!
In the 50s the police took pride in their jobs and had the respect of those citizens they were protecting but today
most people look at them with scorn and distrust, maybe rightfully so!
I live in NYC and I have seen some horrible things in my day but today is far worse then ever before!
Then we have the corrupt practices of the reserve banking system, hedge managers and most corporations!
If they are not creating havoc here then they will be in those countries where their factories are set up!
Then we have the political world which we just apathetically accept is corrupt!
Does anyone know why we just bend over and take all this without anything other then to piss and moan?
Cause I've had it! If Christ were to pass judgement on us and start Armageddon I would fail to even object!
edit on 6-8-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would certainly like to tell you if it does or doesn't but your post appears to be on a spectrum that my eyes cannot see.

I see the world as a couple who was never meant to be that has been married way way too long and is starting to get on each others' nerves. We will fight, throw things at each other, and do things to spite each other until something happens to steer things otherwise and that's just the way it is. There's apathy because no one really cares anymore because things are going bad. Things go bad, people don't care, people don't care, things get worse. Someday we may find a solution, maybe in people like you or visionaries that want to see more in the world but for now we're stuck.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Myomistress because: Post added, something to reply to. XD

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
this is too much
he who knows nothing does not talk are you lau tzu

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Sorry guys accidentally posted too soon!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

we forgive you the girlfriend wont
dont tell me you'r tired

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The more we discuss issues, the more informed we become. The more informed we become the more we can share information. The more we share information the more other people start to discuss these issues and the more other people discuss these issues the more people get informed.

It all has to start somewhere and TPB are doing a pretty good job of blocking any paths that lead to the people getting these problems fixed. All we can do right now is spread knowledge and get people informed about the issues. Jumping up and doing something drastic alone, or in a small group will only land you in jail, so this is the best we have at this time.

Its all baby steps, but small as they may be, it is moving forward.

DC

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
The more we discuss issues, the more informed we become. The more informed we become the more we can share information. The more we share information the more other people start to discuss these issues and the more other people discuss these issues the more people get informed.

It all has to start somewhere and TPB are doing a pretty good job of blocking any paths that lead to the people getting these problems fixed. All we can do right now is spread knowledge and get people informed about the issues. Jumping up and doing something drastic alone, or in a small group will only land you in jail, so this is the best we have at this time.

DC

We have been talking for far too long and it is getting us no where! I feel all those that want to know by now do and those that don't are not interested in knowing! I am starting to think by sitting here and just talking about what is wrong are we not enabling this same system that we are so fed up with? Then there is the fact that
we are participating! I am not advocating a violent response but a call to some kind of a response that would force public outrage somehow! I have not quite figured just about how this could be done but whatever it is needs to happen soon before things get any worse!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
talk is cheap bro says a keyboard commando

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

DC

We have been talking for far too long and it is getting us no where! I feel all those that want to know by now do and those that don't are not interested in knowing! I am starting to think by sitting here and just talking about what is wrong are we not enabling this same system that we are so fed up with? Then there is the fact that
we are participating! I am not advocating a violent response but a call to some kind of a response that would force public outrage somehow! I have not quite figured just about how this could be done but whatever it is needs to happen soon before things get any worse!

I agree with you.

It is very frustrating living in todays world. At 55, I have seen many changes, much corruption and greed and it never ends. It sometimes seems that we have so much potential to be a better people, a better world, but it always seems to come crashing down and the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and in the inequality, we are worlds apart from truth and compassion and what matters most.

The elite of the world are self absorbed and ignore the plight of the common folk who struggle and suffer through their daily existance just trying to survive, never mind thrive.

I don't have the answers either, but agree that something needs to be done and soon and without violence, but what???

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree with you. It is very frustrating living in todays world. At 55, I have seen many changes, much corruption and greed and it never ends. It sometimes seems that we have so much potential to be a better people, a better world, but it always seems to come crashing down and the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and in the inequality, we are worlds apart from truth and compassion and what matters most.

The elite of the world are self absorbed and ignore the plight of the common folk who struggle and suffer through their daily existance just trying to survive, never mind thrive.

I don't have the answers either, but agree that something needs to be done and soon and without violence, but what?

thank you for your response! I have been thinking about starting a thread to get some ideas! Maybe we can start
an organization to first document the corruption, control of media, plundering of the middleclass by the banks, maybe even document the lies about 911 that the media and government have perpetuated on the world!
I believe spreading the word on the net has reached all those whom we can and now maybe it's time to spread
the word in our communities across this nation and in nations around the globe! We can school each other on what exactly would most positively change this crazy world we live in but in small incremental changes! Finally we can come together with other like minded organizations to promote those changes even more! I have always thought since divide and conquer are such well used tactics by the elite maybe unity is the only thing which could
nullify this! We can be the power of change but only in unity can no obstacle be in our way!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I would like to know if any of this talk is doing anything at all! It does not seem as though we are making any progress towards anything for that matter! All we do is talk and nothing gets better, only worse! I feel as though apathy is at an all time high, we are more divided then ever, the BS from the media is the same as it ever was, and we all go through the motions each day without any change for the betterment of mankind!

We have to make progress as individuals in order to make progress as a whole...
You frustration is understood. It seems that for every positive development, ten negatives ensue!

What's important is what YOU are learning from all this.
Things seem hopeless, but class is always in session when it comes to personal growth.

How would you improve the world? Erase negativity? Ease pain?
Find ideas that sound good and share them. Debate them. Decide what is plausible, what is helpful.

Be kind to trolls, for they live under bridges of ignorance and desperately need the sunlight of truth to bathe them.

You want a better world - a lot of us do, but what if we all just gave up?
Battle on, friend!

edit on 8-8-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typo machine

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Negativity and pain will always be a part of life but I'm sure through love, understanding and acceptance we can limit the amount of negative emotions that many of us have to deal with! Though I am tired of all the talk. I don't feel like giving up on people just on those things that have failed to bring about any change! Is it not time to try something new, something a bit more progressive, original and positive! I feel as if we have been doing nothing but talking for so long now and as I said not a thing has been getting any better! Greed rules our hearts, apathy
our minds and ignorance blinds us to the possibilities of change! I feel only unity of heart, mind and soul can bring us into the realm of change that is so urgently needed! Love is the key, empathy the door and seeing is the
pathway to global understanding!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Is it not time to try something new, something a bit more progressive, original and positive! I feel as if we have been doing nothing but talking for so long now and as I said not a thing has been getting any better!

One thing I've noticed is that the medical industry does not heal in the proper way.
For example, many people suffer from a magnesium deficiency which causes negative emotion.

I will be making a second thread on this in the near future, as I have been studying the effects of elements with a literal positive charge (ionized water, for example) and how they can heal our minds and bodies.

I encourage anyone with frequent negative emotions to try a magnesium supplement.
It's done wonders for me!

top topics

join