It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants shoot down helicopter in Yemen; 8 killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Yemeni officials say that militants have shot down an army helicopter, killing all eight people on board including a military commander.

The officials say the helicopter was downed by a missile over the al-Qaida stronghold of Wadi Ubida in central Yemen. The helicopter was flying from the capital Sanaa to the province of Marib, officials said. The passengers were part of a military force guarding oil installations in the province.

Missile? Al Qaeda shoots down military copter? Is this the result of the Benghazi weapons conspiracy? When did Al Qaeda get missiles?
edit on 8/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh boy. This is not going to end well.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh
God
*jaw drops*

link   
For the love of god, remove your capslock.

Interesting to see which country the chopper belonged to.

link   
Man, what perfect timing, of course. Now we must avenge their deaths with a war on Yemen. We could really use that stronghold too, being so central and in control of a certain gulf passage.

link   
I see no mention that it was a US military helicopter.

Another site alludes that it was a Yemeni chopper.
Fox News

The officials say the helicopter was downed by a missile over the Al Qaeda stronghold of Wadi Ubida in central Yemen. The helicopter was flying from the capital Sanaa to the province of Marib, officials said. The passengers were part of a military force guarding oil installations in the province.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
www.breitbart.com...

Yemeni officials say that militants have shot down an army helicopter, killing all eight people on board including a military commander.

The officials say the helicopter was downed by a missile over the al-Qaida stronghold of Wadi Ubida in central Yemen. The helicopter was flying from the capital Sanaa to the province of Marib, officials said. The passengers were part of a military force guarding oil installations in the province.

Missile? Al Qaeda shoots down US military copter? Is this the result of the Benghazi weapons conspiracy? When did Al Qaeda get missiles?
edit on 6-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

lol! "When did Al Qaeda get missiles?"

I'm not laughing at you... because you are making an obvious point.

I repeat... An OBVIOUS point.

well done... *continues shaking head at the situation at hand*

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not the least bit surprised. We are flying over their airspace killing from above.

This kind of seems like....See this is why we are taking your Liberty.

I feel for the lives lost.

But honestly, if armed drones were constantly flying over my house and I had a weapon.

I would probably do the same thing....Time to get the hell out of the ME altogether.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Good point, although, I don't see them allluding to any army in particular, just says army.

It seems like it would be our army only in that we probably would not report on it, if not.

edit on 6-8-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Should it really be a surprise to anyone? I mean when was it, couple days ago?... that the news reported Syrian rebels having anti tank missiles and making new gains on the Syrian regime in Latakia, where Israel had just bombed the week before due to it being an important port for Russian/Syrian cooperation and delivery... synchronous to our open admission of following through with the plans to arm them.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The US doesn't use choppers in that region do they? I thought it was only drones.

Would figure it's a routine patrol of an oil installation if not for the Commander on board.
They must have watched him get on and then have another group target him up the way.
They've learnt from the FSA it would seem.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Was it planned by TPTB in order to mind trick us into a potential terrorist threat ? This could be the case, it happened many time sin the past, but I'll leave it you, it could mean something else.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Good point, although, I don't see them allluding to any army in particular, just says army.

It seems like it would be our army only in that we probably would not report on it, if not.

Press TV is reporting that it was Yemen's helicopter that was shot down.

Gunmen have downed a helicopter belonging to Yemen army in the country’s central province of Ma’rib, killing at least eight people.

edit on 6-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

We launched some drone attacks in Yemen earlier today killing four militants.

Drone strikes kill militants in Yemen; Americans urged to leave.

A pair of suspected U.S. drone strikes killed four al Qaeda militants in Yemen as the United States maintained a heightened security alert in the country and urged all Americans to leave immediately.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Press TV is reporting that it was Yemen's helicopter that was shot down.

Gunmen have downed a helicopter belonging to Yemen army in the country’s central province of Ma’rib, killing at least eight people.

edit on 6-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Is presstv reliable?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Not capslock, I just copy & pasted the title from my phone. Sorry, I'm also at work & a bit busy to iron out the details but a Mod came to rescue.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So we have al-Qaida militants or affiliates firing missiles at the u.s. army?

Who supply those to them..CIA or U.S. PMC's?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah you're right, this wasn't a US chopper, I have the US on my mind due to the big terrorist scare. I edited my OP to reflect the article. Thanks

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Well the question really pertains to when did they get missiles? Was it during the Libyian civil war, Benghazi arms smuggling conspiracy, Syria, Iraq, and so on..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Yeah you're right, this wasn't a US chopper, I have the US on my mind due to the big terrorist scare. I edited my OP to reflect the article. Thanks

This may very well be a sign of what is coming across the Middle East though.
Good eye catching this and we should watch for more.

They can shoot down US choppers too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join