It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAJ. Donald Kehoe, Co-founder of NICAP, and an amazing reference to 1947 (Roswell Crash)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Helloooo ATS,

It's been way too long since my last post and thread!

I have been in ATS hibernation.. #Incognito

I thought it was fitting to revive an older thread I posted in 2011. I truly believe it is a solid link to Roswell and an at the time of Roswell, a "govt insider" perspective on the crash. Someone that wasn't directly told of the.incident but had indirect knowledge of inside reactions at the time of the crash/retreival of craft or pilots.

MAJ Donald Keyhoe of the USMAC (US MARINE AIR CORP).

Donald Edward Keyhoe (June 20, 1897 - November 29, 1988) was an American Marine Corps naval aviator,[2]writer of many aviation articles and stories in a variety of leading publications, and manager of the promotional tours of aviation pioneers, especially of Charles Lindbergh.

In the 1950s he became well known as an UFO researcher, arguing that the U.S. government should conduct appropriate research in UFO matters, and should release all its UFO files. Jerome Clark writes that "Keyhoe was widely regarded as the leader in the field" of ufology in the 1950s and early to mid-1960.

Source

Wiki Article - MAJ. Donald Keyhoe

After military retirement, Keyhoe went on to found NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena)

NICAP

The National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena (or NICAP) was a civilian unidentified flying object research group active in the United States from the 1950s to the 1980s.

Though NICAP was a non-profit organization, the group faced collapse many times in its existence, due in no small part to financial ineptitude among the group’s directors. Only for a few years in the 1960s, when the organization's membership spiked dramatically, was NICAP on firm financial ground.

Despite these internal troubles, NICAP probably had the most visibility of any civilian American UFO group, and arguably had the most mainstream respectability; Jerome Clark writes that "for many middle-class Americans and others interested in UFOs but repelled by ufology’s fringe aspects, it served as a sober forum for UFO reporting, inquiry, investigation, and speculation".[1] NICAP advocated transparent scientific investigation of UFO sightings and was skeptical of "contactee" tales involving meetings with space visitors, the alien abduction phenomenon, and the like. The presence of several prominent military officials as members of NICAP brought a further measure of respectability for many observers.

Source

Wiki Link - NICAP

The interview with Donald is from *1958, on the "Mike Wallace Interview" (see below)

Interview: Part 1 of 3

The part most interesting to me is right at the end of part 1. A direct reference to the 1947-8 era and shows how "internal"AF thinking was in relation to the UFO phenomena.

Also remember that the Roswell incident lay dormant til the mid eighties. The year 1947 had mostly all been forgotten by UFO enthusiasts in the later 50's. He referenced one of the biggest UFO grail stories of all time without even knowing it... Or did he know it?

Enjoy the interview

edit on 6-8-2013 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The only problem with this otherwise informative and nicely-formatted-for-an-Android post, is that Maj. Keyhoe doesn't reference Roswell in the Mike Wallace piece. He paraphrases quotes from a 1947 ATIC statement where someone proffered that the phenomenon was real. Pretty much the same thing with the 1948 paraphrase. Nothing about Roswell.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I added "Roswell Crash" in brackets to elude to the event. The part he added was a direct reference to 1947 and that whatever happened in that year, the report sent said that "these craft are real" could be more than a coincidence..?

Thanks, I just noticed the Wiki links are wrong though. Apart from, I think I prefer PC for writing threads..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I listened to it again and they are interesting statements. My thought would be that if a crash of an Alien craft had happened at Roswell, Gen. Vandenburg would be getting full reports and not a couple of statements 6mos to a year apart. Unless I'm missing something--which is entirely possible. If that thinking does hold up, however, it would seem to negate that Roswell was an anomalous event.

Do you know if those ATIC statements are online? Seems I've either seen them printed in a book or linked somewhere.

edit on 6-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yeah I agree.

I guess from Keyhoe's perspective, he wouldn't have known about every single "need to know" report Vanderberg received..? That's just speculation on my part though.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Yeah I agree.

I guess from Keyhoe's perspective, he wouldn't have known about every single "need to know" report Vanderberg received..? That's just speculation on my part though.

I see what you are saying and I considered that, but then wouldn't the ATIC guys at Dayton have included the likely candidates for the folk to be studying a crashed craft? Maj. Keyhoe said they were the "top" scientists available. I'm sure they wouldn't have let them ALL have free access, though. So there is room for debate from that angle I agree.

Like I said, those statements are intriguing, but then they start to raise questions. Roswell gave most of us hope, I think, but over the years it started to fade, for me, as the smoking gun.

That doesn't affect my belief that we are truly dealing with an anomalous phenomenon, but I found myself looking other places for clues and letting Roswell slip down the list of possible-maybes.

I haven't totally shut the door on it. I'm still open to stuff like you brought us here, but Roswell is near the door where it will be easier to carry outside if need be.

edit on 6-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hes referring to the top secret document which was spurned by Vandenburg, and rejected vehemently by same......
The ATIC estimate that the saucers were interplanetary vehicles.....
These first estmates were not accepted by higher higher.....
Either because they already knew about the aliens or they were too hidebound to credit the sightings......
major Keyhoe is a boyhood hero of mine......I am pretty darn sure this was not a roswell oriented comment.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
To be fair, '47 was pretty much when the term "Flying Saucers" became part of popular culture, after Arnold's sighting, so it makes sense he'd reference that year as important, even if he had no knowledge of Roswell.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes but the term "flying saucer" was only coined after the Roswell incident, it's still linked to the same event.

The connection wasn't about "flying saucers". Keyhoe didn't even use that term at that part of the interview. He said "interplanetary spaceships".

Putting that aside, it's his recollection of the document/report and it just happened to be the very same year as Roswell.

Good timing don't ya think..?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

He also only referred to that year because of the report. He wasn't saying anything else about 1947. The link I was trying to make was about the report (date) and the Rosewell crash..

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Right, but '47 was also the year the subject really got mainstream in the public eye, that's all I'm saying.

He certainly deserves a lot of respect in UFOlogy, and one of the first real credible people to seriously address the subject.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well.. one of the first in the public domain that is.

Whateva he saw, worked on or heard about while in the service, it inspired him to dedicate the latter of his life to UFO research. Sadly if ever he saw or had knowledge of "classified" information, he would never have been able to talk about it publically.. he would have been sent to a deep cell a FT Levinworth for the rest of his life or charged with treasonous acts.

Just speculation though

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I wanted to ask your opinion on another part of the interview, at the introduction (between 1.00-1.10). More precisely MAJ. Keyhoe's reaction to comments made by Mike Wallace.

Wallace: "His reaction that we have spoken to two men from Venus"

What stood out to me was his facial expression (reaction).

Is it possible that he knew that the comment was ludicrous, knowing that they were from somewhere else?

Even if he learnt the true nature of UFOs in his time in Marine Corps he would never be able to make it public. He would have been locked away or maybe worse..

Is that not true?

So instead went on to form NICAP, hoping to be able to prove it publically outside the scope of the military. But sadly could never do so. The FBI actively catalogued NICAP cases. Why were they so interested in keeping an eye on them?

I believe it's worth considering.

Secondly, the reaction in the clip could simply be due to him having never that allegation before.

top topics

join